Which "QUOTE" has helped you in this journey?

Replies

• ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    "There will be days where you're not motivated, but the motivation comes after you show up. Don't start with the motivation -- start with the doing."
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Skyweigh wrote: »
    k6pe2mt0y6lu.jpg

and

Sweat cleans places soap can never reach.

Love this!!!
  • schac061
    schac061 Posts: 41 Member
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to just try one more time." - Thomas Edison
    And...
    Do it. Even if you suck.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Self control is learned and needs practice to master.
  • 2y2k
    2y2k Posts: 41 Member
    I don't know if this has been posted yet or not but THE most important quote I've come across in my weight loss journey is: "Consistency is EVERYTHING." This has proven to be SO true. Also, "Eat right to lose weight. Exercise to gain muscle." MFP has proven to be incredibly inspiring and so, so helpful in my journey.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Work hard play hard!!!!
  • AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    Someone telling me "You have to learn to walk before you can fly." was what got me to face my fear and go into the gym. I repeat it to myself whenever I feel like I'm not making progress as fast as I want.
  • chnkysoup
    chnkysoup Posts: 79 Member
    "There is no end to this journey." When this truly hit home, it really helped to "remove the urgency" of losing this weight overnight. I will never reach a day where I am at goal weight, "cured" and able to eat whatever I want, whenever I want and still maintain. At this moment I am learning and living a new way of life, treating myself along the way and plan on continuing this way of life indefinitely.

I really like this. I like how you pointed out that it helped you "remove the urgency" of losing weight. Because you are so right. When you get to your goal weight you still have to keep working to keep yourself healthy! This will help me "forgive myself" when I have had a bad day or bad week! And to just keep moving forward even if I fall off for a few days.
  • marahghaleb
    marahghaleb Posts: 1 Member
    " I can't control everything in my life , but I can control what I put in my body "
    " I want to see what will Happen , if I didn't give up "
  • ezanettev
    ezanettev Posts: 4 Member
    "Nothing tastes as bad as being overweight feels!"- Me. Eat dem brussel sprouts! Lol
  • sandypierce_rdh
    sandypierce_rdh Posts: 1 Member
    I put a different pin on my phone's wallpaper every week. This week is:
    Action breeds confidence and courage. Dale Carnegie.
  • pmason79
    pmason79 Posts: 93 Member
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you are better"
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Love this stream.

I have lots, but the one I tend to repeat regularly..."What doesn't challenge you doesn't change you".

Also with reference to the "losing weight is hard" quote, I also read one that said "losing weight isn't hard, losing a loved one is hard, child birth is hard, but losing weight isn't hard". Ya, I'm struggling with it too!!!
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Success trains. Failure complains.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!