Creative uses for hard boiled eggs

ShanBanKrup
ShanBanKrup Posts: 55 Member
I have a bunch of hard boiled eggs and want to eat them but find eating them as is doesn't really seem exciting. I actually have to force myself to eat eggs because I find them rather boring without something added to them for flavor and taste. Any recipes or ideas on how to enjoy hard boiled eggs or eggs in general? Please share!! Virtual hugs in advance,

Shannon

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Pickle some of them?
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    I like to mash them up with melted butter, salt, and pepper. I don't really care for egg whites much so this makes them bearable. I also like deviled eggs and the idea above sounds great!
  • ShanBanKrup
    @RalfLott mustards sounds good! A nice Dijon or stone ground mustard would be rad! Good idea. And @anglyn1 mashed is a good idea too, I'm thinking maybe instead of butter using like a soft cheese or maybe even avocado. That would be good as a dip for other things or something and still get good protein and fat without even realizing it! Thanks guys u rock
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    @RalfLott mustards sounds good! A nice Dijon or stone ground mustard would be rad! Good idea. And @anglyn1 mashed is a good idea too, I'm thinking maybe instead of butter using like a soft cheese or maybe even avocado. That would be good as a dip for other things or something and still get good protein and fat without even realizing it! Thanks guys u rock

Everyone report back, OK?
  • ShanBanKrup
    @williams969 dude that's such a good idea! I forgot about that ! Can I use already cooked/boiled eggs tho to make scotch eggs? I have some ground beef in the freezer so I might have to get on that tomorrow!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    @williams969 dude that's such a good idea! I forgot about that ! Can I use already cooked/boiled eggs tho to make scotch eggs? I have some ground beef in the freezer so I might have to get on that tomorrow!

Yes! Definitely use hard boiled. I'm carnivore, so I just smoosh ground beef or pork around the eggs, and bake in a muffin pan. I'm sure some lovely spices (garlic, minced onions, etc) can be added to the meat. Oh, and a raw egg in the meat to help it hold together.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    I ditto the scotch eggs! Love them without a breading, I just use sausage meat. I also really enjoy egg salad, it goes so well with pickles!!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Just smashed up with mayo, mustard, hot sauce and a pinch of salt.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    I love egg salad...mayo, mustard and a bit of paprika. You have to make it while the eggs are warm though so the yolks blend smoothly with the mayo and mustard.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Don't forget devilled eggs!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    I make cold breakfast bowls the night before for mornings I have to get up early - mashed or finely diced hard boiled egg, diced avocado, chopped up sausage (usually leftover from dinner), grated cheese, spring onion, mayo and sriracha.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I like mine with wasabi mayo - yum
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    One of my go-to easy lunches is hard boiled eggs mixed with either tuna or salmon with some mustard and a diced up jalapeño (or 2). Sometimes I will throw in a little cheese and nuke it just enough to really soften the cheese up so I can stir it in.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    I do egg salad and serve it in celery sticks. Even my kids like this!
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    I make egg salad but with avocado instead of mayo.