Dajoloehrs journey

Replies

• dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Back on the wagon tonight :)
    I did go a little over, but nothing compared to yesterday. Chicken breast on an English muffin with sour cream and guac and cauliflower "tots" for dinner. Now to survive the weekend :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    I did go a little over, but nothing compared to yesterday. Chicken breast on an English muffin with sour cream and guac and cauliflower "tots" for dinner. Now to survive the weekend :)

Wow that sounds delicious! Glad you re feeling better!
  • dajoloehr
    Well this past week was not as I would have hoped lol but somehow came out of it with a loss.
    Last week 254.4
    Today 253.2
    One more week of Jan, let's end it off with a bang.4kpoxdev1dra.png
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member

Share the recipe for the cauliflower tots, please? Do you bake fresh ones or would frozen work?
  • dajoloehr
    edited January 2017
    I used frozen, (250g) I just microwaved them for a couple minutes until mostly thawed and used a paper towel to get excess moisture. I used a food processor to chop it up to almost a paste added 1 lrg egg, 2tbls of flour, garlic powder, chili powder and pepper. Form into "tots", don't handle them too much lol, than cook them on a cookie sheet for about 15min than flip so both sides are brown. NExt time I'll add more seasoning I think, and add a little evoo to the cookie sheet to get a little crisp on them :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    That sounds real good. I would like to try that. I've grated cauliflower and used it like rice before and that was good.
  • dajoloehr
    blambo61 wrote: »
    That sounds real good. I would like to try that. I've grated cauliflower and used it like rice before and that was good.

Yea I love cauliflower rice, I make chicken fried rice with it.
  • dajoloehr
    I can't believe Jan is almost over. I feel like I'm ending the month with as much enthusiasm towards getting healthy, as I started the year. I'm thankful for this group and all the positive reinforcements from the members.
  • blambo61
    Sounds good. I think we all help each other!
  • dajoloehr
    Oh boy, yesterday was rough. Bad food, not enough water, migraine and jaw problems. I fell asleep on the couch around 6, I must have needed it, though I still feel a little off this morning. Im going to go to the gym today...Im not going to use this dull but annoying lingering headache as an excuse not to go. Happy Friday everyone !
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Happy Friday!
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    Some days are just no good, but like most things - they end! That's the best thing about them ;)
  • dajoloehr
    chmknimwkm9l.png I haven't checked on in awhile. Hasn't been the most successful week. Not much change thankfully. I guess technically this is the first week of Feb. so trying for no cheat days until next Sat. ,instead of this coming up one.
  • dajoloehr
    Well Jan. is over already, how did everyone do? My goal is to lose 6lbs average a month. I lost 6.8! :smiley: first month on track lol. I don't feel like I've been writing on here as much, and I've noticed my accountability has reflected that. I know I could have done better this month, but all-in-all I'm quite happy with my loss. I had lots of salty and sweet treats this month which has included, but not limited to, banana splits, pizza, Chinese food, mini eggs :) I'm 8lbs away from my lowest in 11 years, so dare I make that my goal for Feb., I think I will.
  • blambo61
    I think your doing really well! Just keep at it!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Well Jan. is over already, how did everyone do? My goal is to lose 6lbs average a month. I lost 6.8! :smiley: first month on track lol. I don't feel like I've been writing on here as much, and I've noticed my accountability has reflected that. I know I could have done better this month, but all-in-all I'm quite happy with my loss. I had lots of salty and sweet treats this month which has included, but not limited to, banana splits, pizza, Chinese food, mini eggs :) I'm 8lbs away from my lowest in 11 years, so dare I make that my goal for Feb., I think I will.

Wow you're amazing!!!!
  • dajoloehr
    It's cold again :( do I decided to make some homemade turkey chili, which ended up amaizing, my son even loved it. Then I topped that off( not literally lol) with some banana/pb2 "ice cream" omg if you've never made ice cream out of bananas, you need to try.
  • blambo61
    It's cold again :( do I decided to make some homemade turkey chili, which ended up amaizing, my son even loved it. Then I topped that off( not literally lol) with some banana/pb2 "ice cream" omg if you've never made ice cream out of bananas, you need to try.

There is a store here that will sell their over-ripe bananas at a discount. When I see that, I buy a lot of them, then take them home and peel them and put them in the freezer. That is the base for my smoothies and they are yummy!
  • 1MADGIRL

Do you have a recipe to share? I'm intrigued!
  • dajoloehr
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    Do you have a recipe to share? I'm intrigued!

2 medium frozen bananas
    24g of pb2
    1tsp vanilla
    1tsp cocoa powder

Mix it all up in a blender or processor and enjoy :)