What Is your average daily carb amount?

Scochrane86
Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
I'm in week 2 of keto and am at a steady 4-8g of carbs a day (today was 1g).
What do you keep around? Is there such thing as too little?

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    I am always 5% carbs
  • Libellue23
    Libellue23 Posts: 76 Member
    No such thing as too little carbs. Some people do zero carb. Your main concern should be getting enough protein to not lose muscle. Carbs and fats are not a goal to be reached each day.

Most days I eat 10 to 25 total carbs. So normally 1 to 10 net.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    I'm day 14 of zero carb. I only eat meat, eggs and a little dairy. No such thing as too little carbs, although the side effects of drastically changing your intake of any macro can cause short term issues like stomach upset, fatigue, things like that. Eat what works best for your body.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    When cutting: 0-30 total
    When bulking: my diary looks like I don't belong here (250-400 total, depending on daily activity)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited January 2017
    Average for me is 5g/day. I'm carnivore, so those carbs are from cheese, cream, and eggs. And sometimes processed meats (sausage, hot dogs, etc.) They like to put a little filler crap in those things, but I eat them moderately.)
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    I am mostly zero carb. I can say maybe 8 to 10 from seasonings and the occasional piece of lettuce on a thick burger. Hahaha
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited January 2017
    Mine averaged ~160 total grams----> ~120 total grams during weight loss and 2 years of maintenance. The last 10 months (maintenance with aim for ketosis) it has varied from ~50---->~20 total.

Optimum carb intake can vary for each person based on reason/s for addressing carbs as a macro and personal food/meal preferences.

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    I don't count at the moment but based on what I know from prior experience I'm in the 50-100 range
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    0-30. I'm in my second week, and 8lb down. I've found as time goes on that I'm craving carbs less and less, so the 0-30 has been in the lower range as the week progresses.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    I'm not tracking but I'm being more strictly zero carb and I haven't been having hwc lately either so I'm probably about 2g from the little cheese I've been eating. Maybe as much as 5g... from cheese and eggs. And I guess there's some in my coffee from fiber... it's all so minute it doesn't really matter
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    I'm shooting for 20-30 these days, but in the past I was closer to 50.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    When I'm eating LCHF I average less than 10. I've got a week and a half left of the required soft diet to allow my intestines to heal. I'm so ready for a ribeye!!
  • Slippyslope
    Slippyslope Posts: 47 Member
    I'm staying at right about 20 grams or 5%. Down 50 pounds.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    I do best with 40 net carbs. If I go higher I tend to start gaining weight. We are all so different
  • nlwright4
    nlwright4 Posts: 11 Member
    For me, Im on a VLCD and the three shakes that are part of my meal plan put at 30g by themselves. I usually end the day right under 50g
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    I've spent the last 4 years keeping my carbs obsessively under 20g a day. For the last couple of weeks I've relaxed it and am sitting between 20g and 40g a day. I have had no negative effects from doing this, and it has enabled me to eat some blueberries and sweet potato and such. And I've actually lost a couple of kg this month when normally I'd be lucky to lose 0.5 to 1 kg for a whole month.
  • NurseBubbles84
    NurseBubbles84 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm new to this (one week in today!) I'm down 6lbs and I'm sticking between 15-25g a day. I have keto strips and check daily. Been in keto since day 3.
  • suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    100 grams. Might seem like a lot to some here, but as a vegetarian it feels very low for me!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    I have been doing the LC since October. Initially my goal was under 50, but in an attempt to bring down my glucose levels some more, I changed macros. I have been in the 20 - 30 range most days for a while. Today I nailed my percentages and was 600 calories under my calorie goal. It is probably bad form to brag, but I am somewhat pleased I did this without being hungry all day.

BG was 131 when I got home. That is not the greatest, but I dodged all the bullets at coffee hour(s). I have three services, and my step counter said 8000 steps. That is reasonably active.