Diet / Weightloss pills that actually work?

Replies

• MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    edited January 2015
    ....I didn't realize how old this post was when I first commented. Wow. Nvm.
  • nitafrita13
    nitafrita13 Posts: 1 Member
    I know this thread is old, but I found it, so I'm sure someone else might as well and MAYBE my comment will help them. I took ephedrine prior to it being outlawed in the US. My friend and I both did and lost weight and we were basically all cracked out for a whole summer. We'd work out in addition, but we were also 19 years old, so... My point being that both of us are in our mid thirties and both of us STILL have heart palpitations d/t the use of this drug. Who knows what other types of heart damage it has done??? Yikes. Stay away from that stuff!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    False information? So my body and my results are lyeing to me huh? Well, Last I checked Heres some facts k?

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/miracle-fat-burner-bottle -Dr Oz seems pretty reliable.

HAHAHA
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2016
    Poor Hannah! I don't think it is fair to jump on her with your passionate view of diet and fitness as the sole keys to success. Then again, pills are not always the answer either. BUT, healthy pills, like vitamin and mineral supplements are good, so is water. Like Hannah, I have recently turned to using a "natural diet pill", green coffee extract with green tea added. Hate to break the news to all of you fitness junkies, some of you have your dumbbell shoved too far up your glutes. I am a woman who is struggling with over 100 pounds of extra weight which suddenly packed on me while I was pregnant with my first child 17 years ago. I exercise 2 hrs a day, 5x/wk, eat 75% organic foods. I avoid crap food. My hubby and kids complain because I don't buy junk and we eat healthy foods. Yet, I do not lose weight. I have been going hard at the gym for three months, and my clothes fit the same and I weigh the same. I have had full panels of blood work done for years to figure out why I don't lose the weight. To my doctors, I look like a liar. I average 1300cal a day and burn at least 3000 a day (as measured by my BodyMedia LINKarmband). In four days of using this new supplement I see some results, but -I- will see if it works. Every body is different. Is it desirable to have to use a pill to lose weight? Nope. Is it the easy way out? Nope, it's the desperate nothing-else-works-so-I-will-try-anything-in-addition-to-diet-and-exercise!!

If diet and exercise worked for everyone, more people would be skinny!

This.... is incredibly rude. A blanket insult to "fitness junkies" who need to get the dumbell out of their a$$es, huh? Strong first post.

I hate to break it to you, but many have been where you once were, and some had even more weight to lose. Did you honestly think everyone here was already thin and fit when they first started? And, guess what? No one used diet pills, not even the "healthy" ones. If you spend just a few minutes looking around, you would have seen this. When I first started, I was 130lbs overweight!

Do you weigh all the food that you eat? It doesn't matter if you "don't eat 'crap' food" as all that is needed for weight loss is a calorie deficit. According to your CI-CO, you should be losing almost 3.4lbs per week.

Edit: CRAP! Damn necro thread diggers!!! Sorry about that. I thought it was one of the same ol' same ol' threads that have been popping up lately. GAH!!
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Have no experience with this and not promoting it but wanna know if this happened to anyone ... does Alli (spelling?) Make your butt leak oils lmao
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    There's no such thing as a weight loss pill all lies don't listen to any that *kitten*
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    sarsather wrote: »
    Have no experience with this and not promoting it but wanna know if this happened to anyone ... does Alli (spelling?) Make your butt leak oils lmao

For your reading pleasure - plenty of experiences: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10290083/alli-xenical-does-it-work-please-only-answer-if-you-have-actually-taken-it/p1
  • gilichahlon
    gilichahlon Posts: 5 Member
    Hey guys - I know Its an old thread, but Iv'e found this article can you tell me what do you think about it? is it a relay-able source?
    http://naturalhealthbag.com/the-miracle-of-raspberry-ketone/
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Hey guys - I know Its an old thread, but Iv'e found this article can you tell me what do you think about it? is it a relay-able source?

No. As stated earlier in this thread, the only thing Raspberry Ketones will decrease is your wallet.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member

completely unreliable source and the product is useless. Dr Oz is a hack who has sold out to line his own pockets.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Old thread is old.
  • Australorp
    Australorp Posts: 23 Member
    vespiquenn wrote: »

No. As stated earlier in this thread, the only thing Raspberry Ketones will decrease is your wallet.

But then you would have less money to spend on food LOLOL! So maybe they can be considered a "dieting adjunct" ha ha...
  • Alatariel75
    Australorp wrote: »
    vespiquenn wrote: »

But then you would have less money to spend on food LOLOL! So maybe they can be considered a "dieting adjunct" ha ha...

That's genius! I'm going to start a weight loss buiness where people just give me their money and can't afford food :D
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator

If you want to know science on stuff, look at www.examine.com . There are only a handful of effective supplements and none of them (well the legal ones) help increase fat loss. Caffeine can improve exercise performance, creatine is an intramuscular saturated which can indirectly help you build muscle as it allows you to push out a few more reps and protein to help meet protein goals (whey is digested the fastest and has high leucine content - leucine stimulates protein synthesis). Vitamin D is essential to life and can supports metabolism and other functions. A mutlivitamin is good for filling in the gaps, although if you can address nutrient requirements with food you are better off as your body is more likely to absorb nutrients in food, with the except of folic acid. Outside of those, not man supplements will help.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    ...Also, Drinking 1-2 gallons of pure water a day speeds up your metabolism and keeps your body well hydrated which means that no matter what you do, you burn twice the calories you normally do. You body can soak up and use 4oz of fresh water every ten minutes, so just do that if anything else doesnt work.

Any vitimins, and water will speed up your fat loss. You dont need special made things, just making sure your body is super hydrated, and filled up with its vitimins then your doing good.

Wut!?!
    x9mnwaykvuqa.jpg
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    K, so im a person thats tried a lot of things so hears some facts that i can personally say, not sure if itll be acurate for others but it is for me personally.
    What ive learned is:

Jullian Michaels pills do not work. Ive tried her 30 day detox ones (29.99$) and they did NOTHING. Also she was arrested for false advertisement and convicted but for some reason theyre still available.

Rasberry Keytones (7.99) -I used the vitamine in the vitamin section instead of the more expensive one, and what I noticed is that I ate a lot less. You take two in the morning right before you eat, i reccomend about a half hour before, and then you eat and you feel full way fast. So what I did was drank pure water before each bite, chewed slower, and was eating only half of what i usually did. Also, it takes away the desire to eat throughout the day so i found myself making myself eat. So, since you said that your not relying soley on the pills to lose weight, i think they would work for you. I have also a friend thats lost about 50 pounds just taking the keytones, and exersizing twice a week but not watching what she ate or when she ate. So they do actually work for some people, I lost about 7 pounds but they just got out of my price range when theyre like 8$ a bottle and i was using about a bottle a week.

Green Tea Supplement pills: I am currently taking these one pill at lunch each day, I work out 5 days a week, eat around 1200-1500 calories a day, and drink tons of water and am losing about four pounds healthily a week. Im sticking with these because i am not sure if its the pill, or the excersize, or the food but whatever it is i dont want to change anything because i dont think ive never lost weight like this before. And the best part is i feel amazing! better then ever, im happy, energized, awake, and feel amazing. So i reccomend these.

Also, Drinking 1-2 gallons of pure water a day speeds up your metabolism and keeps your body well hydrated which means that no matter what you do, you burn twice the calories you normally do. You body can soak up and use 4oz of fresh water every ten minutes, so just do that if anything else doesnt work.

Any vitimins, and water will speed up your fat loss. You dont need special made things, just making sure your body is super hydrated, and filled up with its vitimins then your doing good.

I see nowhere where jillian michaels was arrested for false advertisement. she may have been fined but you dont get arrested for that in most cases, if that were the case most companies who sell bogus products and make claims would have been arrested,(most of these things are not regulated by the FDA so they can be sold without prosecution unless something happens,then you can sue the company. keytones do NOTHING! its the eating in a deficit and possibly the exercise causing the weight loss, green tea is another one that does nothing unless consumed in very high doses which could be toxic for it to possibly make a difference in metabolism.

drinking water does not speed up your metabolism(not enough to count) to where you burn twice the calories you normally do,if that were the case all we would need to do is drink a lot of water and exercise more. we would not need a deficit,vitamins also does not speed up fat loss. being well hydrated just means being well hydrated,its not going to make you lose fat or weight any faster.If you are over hydrated it can cause health issues, so too much water is not healthy either. There is NO pill,drink,etc out there that helps with weight loss unless prescribed by a doctor and then they tell you to "diet and exercise" along with it.They may curb some peoples appetites but thats as far as it goes,if you eat less you will lose weight but its not the pills causing you to lose fat,its from eating less.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Old thread is old.

A person actually did a search and decided to ask another question. I kind of see that as win.

True. You're 100% correct.

The article started with this sentence: "Any product endorsed by Dr. Oz is undoubtedly a reliable one. "

and I couldn't get past anything else. :laugh:
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    AbsoluteNG wrote: »
    Try BCAAs. Makes your hunger go away if you have a craving. Bodybuilders use it.

NO,they use it for performance(gives you energy) and to help with muscle building. its not an appetite suppressor.its branched chained amino acids and are also used when people do fasted workouts.it stimulates protein synthesis.
  • Alatariel75
    K, so im a person thats tried a lot of things so hears some facts that i can personally say, not sure if itll be acurate for others but it is for me personally.
    What ive learned is:

Jullian Michaels pills do not work. Ive tried her 30 day detox ones (29.99$) and they did NOTHING. Also she was arrested for false advertisement and convicted but for some reason theyre still available.

Rasberry Keytones (7.99) -I used the vitamine in the vitamin section instead of the more expensive one, and what I noticed is that I ate a lot less. You take two in the morning right before you eat, i reccomend about a half hour before, and then you eat and you feel full way fast. So what I did was drank pure water before each bite, chewed slower, and was eating only half of what i usually did. Also, it takes away the desire to eat throughout the day so i found myself making myself eat. So, since you said that your not relying soley on the pills to lose weight, i think they would work for you. I have also a friend thats lost about 50 pounds just taking the keytones, and exersizing twice a week but not watching what she ate or when she ate. So they do actually work for some people, I lost about 7 pounds but they just got out of my price range when theyre like 8$ a bottle and i was using about a bottle a week.

Green Tea Supplement pills: I am currently taking these one pill at lunch each day, I work out 5 days a week, eat around 1200-1500 calories a day, and drink tons of water and am losing about four pounds healthily a week. Im sticking with these because i am not sure if its the pill, or the excersize, or the food but whatever it is i dont want to change anything because i dont think ive never lost weight like this before. And the best part is i feel amazing! better then ever, im happy, energized, awake, and feel amazing. So i reccomend these.

Also, Drinking 1-2 gallons of pure water a day speeds up your metabolism and keeps your body well hydrated which means that no matter what you do, you burn twice the calories you normally do. You body can soak up and use 4oz of fresh water every ten minutes, so just do that if anything else doesnt work.

I see nowhere where jillian michaels was arrested for false advertisement. she may have been fined but you dont get arrested for that in most cases, if that were the case most companies who sell bogus products and make claims would have been arrested,(most of these things are not regulated by the FDA so they can be sold without prosecution unless something happens,then you can sue the company. keytones do NOTHING! its the eating in a deficit and possibly the exercise causing the weight loss, green tea is another one that does nothing unless consumed in very high doses which could be toxic for it to possibly make a difference in metabolism.

drinking water does not speed up your metabolism(not enough to count) to where you burn twice the calories you normally do,if that were the case all we would need to do is drink a lot of water and exercise more. we would not need a deficit,vitamins also does not speed up fat loss. being well hydrated just means being well hydrated,its not going to make you lose fat or weight any faster.If you are over hydrated it can cause health issues, so too much water is not healthy either. There is NO pill,drink,etc out there that helps with weight loss unless prescribed by a doctor and then they tell you to "diet and exercise" along with it.They may curb some peoples appetites but thats as far as it goes,if you eat less you will lose weight but its not the pills causing you to lose fat,its from eating less.

You're right - she was sued for false advertising, not arrested. And from what I can find online, the lawsuit appears to have settled rather than reaching any judicial outcome. So she didn't lose the case and certainly wasn't "convicted" (which only applies to criminal actions brought by prosecutorial bodies).