What did you eat today???

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    I'm having my go to - Spicy Boca Chicken Salad, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese w/sugar free jello powder sprinkled in.

And because I'm a Steelers fan and its game day I'm going to have 1 or 6 Bud Light Platinums:)

Hmm, I never would have thought of doing that with the cottage cheese. B)

Oh yeah yummy, I don't eat meat so I get some of my protein with cottage cheese. You have to just barely sprinkle the jello powder, mix and taste. If you add too much its yuck! I use raspberry or strawberry.
  • luckylennas
    luckylennas Posts: 2 Member
    Your food looks scrumptious!
    My breakfast had at about 1030 ish was eggs bene but using a portobello mushroom as toast. Also included bacon, about, baby spinach and tomato - and one tablespoon of hollandaise!
    2f0j0bolvdam.jpg
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    edited January 2017
    Breakfast: coffee with a little milk. Home Made roll made with bread flour, oat flour, flaxseeds and oat bran. Banana. 21g pack of peanut butter.

Lunch: Red beans cooked in my brand new cast iron mini cocotte, with spiced-up water and rounded off with a slice of pepperjack cheese, stuffed inside home-made popover.

Dinner: Home-made sweet potato and onion soup with a popover to sop the end up.

Snack: salad of dates, pomegranate seeds, and cashews. Oh. And an apple

Total calories listed as 1288. About 50 calories over my allotment of 1230, but it's Sunday.
  • LPirrone
    LPirrone Posts: 3 Member
    My day usually starts with coffee, then a workout then the food is usually something like this:
    2 eggs hardboiled, half avocado and 1 slice ezekiel bread
    Lunch- 1 can low sodium white albacore tuna over 3 oz. greens/spinach etc. with some diced tomato and squeezed lemon juice.... OR I make a greek yogurt smoothie- 1 cup plain fage yogurt 2% or 0% with fruit- banana, orange, apple or pear, hand full of spinach or other greens and tsp chia
    snak- protein bar, less than 200 calories and at least 20g protein- little or no sugar.
    Dinner- usually fish or chicken or red meat with veggies, and half cup quinoa or other starch.
    Calorie intake is approx 1600
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Ooh I've been wanting to try those zucchini noodles. Do you cook them?

I didn't precook them like I would regular lasagna noodles..
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    bulletproof coffee (keto)......large romaine salad with unsalted sunflower seeds, ham ,parm. cheese with bluecheese dressing and a big steak with butter and garlic on top
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Breakfast - Trader Joe's Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll, dried apricots
    Lunch - PF Changs - wonton soup, spring roll, chicken lettuce wraps, kung pao chicken
    (Afternoon 4 mile rin)
    Dinner - Brussels sprouts w/butter, TJ's pumpkin cranberry crisps and brie bite, 1/2 slice Cheesecake Factory Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake

Not the healthiest day ever, but at the end within calories and feeling good
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    And since I can't find the edit button, the above is 4 miles run, not rin =)
  • TheSkyBlushed
    TheSkyBlushed Posts: 153 Member
    Your food looks scrumptious!
    My breakfast had at about 1030 ish was eggs bene but using a portobello mushroom as toast. Also included bacon, about, baby spinach and tomato - and one tablespoon of hollandaise!
    2f0j0bolvdam.jpg

WOW that looks delicious!
  • TheSkyBlushed
    ejbronte wrote: »
    Breakfast: coffee with a little milk. Home Made roll made with bread flour, oat flour, flaxseeds and oat bran. Banana. 21g pack of peanut butter.

Lunch: Red beans cooked in my brand new cast iron mini cocotte, with spiced-up water and rounded off with a slice of pepperjack cheese, stuffed inside home-made popover.

Dinner: Home-made sweet potato and onion soup with a popover to sop the end up.

Snack: salad of dates, pomegranate seeds, and cashews. Oh. And an apple

Total calories listed as 1288. About 50 calories over my allotment of 1230, but it's Sunday.

I too have just discovered the joy of cooking on cast iron pans. I always had them (given to me as a gift) but I never used them for some reason. Well I recently cooked a steak and a burger and OMG they were top 5 ever. :p Sweet potato and onion soup... I'd love to see that recipe, that sounds like one my hubby would drool over.

PS. Here's to Sunday! :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    edited January 2017
    Breakfast: Oatmeal, hemp/flax seeds, mixed berries, walnuts, Greek yogurt, blackstrap molasses, cinnamon; 2 cups of coffee with hot skim milk; cold matcha with lemon wedge.

Lunch: Leftover blue corn enchiladas and refried beans from a restaurant meal earlier in the weekend. Whole naval orange.

Dinner: Black beans with cubed 1/2 white sweet potato, raw green onions, few grates of beer-washed hard cheese, smoked hot sauce; plate of raw veg (cucumber, celeriac, jicama).

Snacks: Lowfat cottage cheese with turmeric; one Godiva chocolate.

One glass of cold green tea & a bunch of water throughout the day.

eta: 1875 calories (I'm in maintenance, but this is a little under maintenance NEAT. Rest day in the exercise department. 217g C, 64g F, 106g P, 51g fiber.)
  • TheSkyBlushed
    edited January 2017
    Ok, today was a little different for me food wise. I've been trying to force myself to eat breakfast (I have a bad habit of skipping & not eating until 2-3 pm) So I ate a huge breakfast & felt thanksgiving-stuffed all day. So I ended up skipping lunch and having a smoothie for dinner. & Just had a slice of baby swiss & turkey (no photo).
    Breakfast: iced coffee w/ whipped cream, 2 eggs with peppers, onion, tomato & colby cheese; two potato pancakes with homemade cinnamon applesauce.
    Lunch: too full to eat
    Dinner: Green Smoothie (Kale, romaine, cucumber, grapefruit, clementine & lemon juice, pineapple, banana, chlorella, spirulina, hemp protein powder, camu and green coffee powders) 1/2 red grapefruit.
    Snack: 1 oz baby swiss, 1 oz maple turkey breast.
    bcx4i4ro47pb.png

PS thanks AnnPT77 I was able to edit those huge photos down to a better size. :)
  • TheSkyBlushed

Yes, I was looking for that edit myself. Is there one???
  • bella_lizzy
    bella_lizzy Posts: 12 Member
    So far a coffee and 2 pieces of 90% dark chocolate and a tuna salad.
  • AnnPT77

Yup, but only for 60 minutes after the initial post. In the web browser MFP, it's an invisible thing at the upper right corner of your post that you have to find by hovering over it, then click edit. (After 60 minutes, there's nothing hover-able). In the Android app, there's a little gear-looking thing at the upper right of your post to click on. Can't speak for other apps.
  • katthouse499
    katthouse499 Posts: 50 Member
    Breakfast 2 cups of black coffee
    1 cup of yogurt
    2 cups of mixed fresh fruit
    2 Ezekiel toast
    4 tbs of natural peanut butter

Lunch
    2 cups of black coffee
    2 cups of mashed cauliflower
    1 1/2 cup of steamed celery
    I zucchini med made into noodles and sauté in franks hot sauce

Supper
    2 gingerbread tea
    4 cups of spring mix salad greens
    1 cup of mixed diced veggies
    7.5 oz of noodles with an egg with a handful of spinish sauté with 2 tbs of salsa and 2 tbs of sour cream

• TheSkyBlushed
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Yup, but only for 60 minutes after the initial post. In the web browser MFP, it's an invisible thing at the upper right corner of your post that you have to find by hovering over it, then click edit. (After 60 minutes, there's nothing hover-able). In the Android app, there's a little gear-looking thing at the upper right of your post to click on. Can't speak for other apps.

AHA! Thank you!! o:)
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited January 2017
    Breakfast
    - 2 cups coffee with half and half
    - 3-egg omelette with onion, tomato, bacon, and cheddar, seasoned with chili powder and smoked paprika

No lunch

- Hot cocoa
    - 1 chocolate chip cookie

Dinner
    - Savory porridge made with Irish steel-cut oats, bacon, onion, garlic, and an egg. (I had to use up the bacon and oatmeal.)

And since I have a few calories left over, I'll probably indulge in some bas-armagnac later, or maybe some Irish cream since I don't mind going over reduction calories on weekends.

Really? Maybe you need to upgrade your browser. The gear icon should appear if you hover your mouse anywhere within the area of your post within the hour you have available to edit.
  • AnnPT77

ccsernica wrote: »

Really? Maybe you need to upgrade your browser. The gear icon should appear if you hover your mouse anywhere within the area of your post within the hour you have available to edit.

Heh! No doubt it does, but I've always rushed right up to the upper right and never noticed that it shows up earlier. ;) Thanks for the correction!

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Morning:
    - 2 x weetbix with light milk and half an apple
    - Boiled egg

Lunch:
    - Tomato and sweet potato soup
    - 2 x bread, slice light cheese
    - 100g (ish) light greek yoghurt, plain

Afternoon:
    - Fresh cherries, snow peas, cherry tomatoes
    - Muesli bar (Uncle Toby's savoury macadamia and chickpea)

Dinner:
    - Chicken and pineapple sliders
    - Dark choc Lindt ball

8gkbocoagfxv.jpg