YOUR TEAM CAPTAIN IS @SmashleyM914.
REMEMBER: GOOD COMMUNICATION AND TEAM WORK
IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS!
HAPPY RACING!
:)

Replies

• AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    @digger61 My mom had her knees replaced and never found the motivation to get back into shape afterwards, so I commend your motivation!

@lpeltenburg when are you going to Disney? I'll be going to Florida March 5-15 and visiting Disney, too :)

@carinamenina I'm getting very discouraged with my running lately, mainly because Chicago weather doesn't give me the option of running outside through the winter months and I swear to you I am the most awful treadmill on the face of this earth. My progress from last challenge is dang near gone :( I'm hoping the weather stays decent so I can get back to it.
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    I am Lynn 50+ years old. Married for some time. No children at home and on pets. I live in SE Wisconsin. I do have a sit down job that takes up to much time in my life. I like to blog. We don't eat out much so I cook a lot. We are remodeling a farm house. I am writing a book on the side effect of healthy habits. This is my second challenge. I love walking but also belong to Planet fitness. I hate working out in the morning and almost dislike working out at night. I am kind of close to goal so i understand the last pounds. Welcome to all my teammates.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    HI,
    Monica here, i will give more info in the morning its bed time for me. Glad to meet you all and glad to see some familiar faces as well. Sleep well team !
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Hi all!
    1. I am Patti for those of you new to the race I am 56 years old. My husband and I will celebrate our 37th anniversary in March. We have 3 grown children, all married and with kids of their own. That is currently 8 grand kids and our youngest daughter and her husband are expecting our 9th one in July. We do have our dog, Lucy at home with us still but she is getting very old and cannot usually handle even a couple mile walk anymore. We live in Vancouver, WA in an old farmhouse that we are remodeling. We are in progress of adding a half bath upstairs which has turned into a HUGE project including redoing most of the one bedroom and almost half of the basement!

2. I follow the Trim Healthy Mama plan. I love it! It is the best of all eating plans rolled into one! I discovered it about 2 years ago. I struggled with about 20 extra pounds throughout my 40's. I was able to loose those on the abs diet but found it rather restrictive to live on forever. When I would falter I would put the weight back on and have to work harder to get it off. A little over two years ago now I was told I was hypoglycemic. I knew that I had low blood sugar but had no idea that meant that! I started researching my problem and figured out that I had to get off the sugar which I did and have not eaten it since. I have been fluctuating about 5 pounds for the last year. My doctor says my weight is fine so I am currently just trying to gain more muscle and tone. I am trying to pay more attention to my BMI number than my actual Weight number.

3. I have just started, again, Focus T25. I have found that when I am exercising (some say like a crazy person) it keeps my back from going out as often and I have less problems with the "old lady" issues like night sweats and hot flashes. I do enjoy yoga, although I'm not very good at it, I try to incorporate it at least once a week. My husband let me buy a Max trainer for my birthday last fall and I love it. I try to make use of it on the cold, wet days here in the Pacific NW.
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Scherzie wrote: »
    @carinamenina fantastic with the 1/2's and full coming up. Where is your race in March?

@Scherzie It's in The Woodlands, TX. I have a brother that lives in Houston and we're all doing it together to raise money for a charity :) Gonna be fun!

@SmashleyM914 Running here in northern UT is hard too! We've had a ton of snow this winter (well, lots more than last winter, anyway) so I've had to be creative with when and where I run. I broke down and did 8 miles on the dreadmill yesterday because I had to do my long run but it snowed all day
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    THE WEEK ONE DESTINATION HAS BEEN POSTED!
    :)
    THE SPREADSHEETS TO RECORD YOUR EXERCISE MINUTES WILL BE POSTED SEPARATELY IN ABOUT AN HOUR.
    HERE'S TO A HAPPY AND HEALTHY RACE!
    HOPE Y'ALL HAVE FUN!
    :)<3:)
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    @darcijojo Awesome job on the progress! I think the rec centers a great idea, change is good!

@Scherzie Thanks for the heads up on low activity!!

@ddeliciosa Ugh pizza all day every day!! Haha which would definitely contribute to lack of energy :( I totally recommend meal prep!! It helps me make good decisions when temptations come around. I hope this challenge helps motivate you to get moving!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    @SmashleyM914 we will be going to Magic Kingdom on March 10, and Universal Studios March 9. I made reservations to Be our Guest for lunch. DH & kids have never been, so we want to get as much as possible from the experience, since we only have one day. We are driving to Orlando, which is also exciting. We are taking 3 days, so that we can enjoy the views. I can't wait :)