What did you eat today???

Replies

• ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    ejbronte wrote: »
    Breakfast: coffee with a little milk. Home Made roll made with bread flour, oat flour, flaxseeds and oat bran. Banana. 21g pack of peanut butter.

Lunch: Red beans cooked in my brand new cast iron mini cocotte, with spiced-up water and rounded off with a slice of pepperjack cheese, stuffed inside home-made popover.

Dinner: Home-made sweet potato and onion soup with a popover to sop the end up.

Snack: salad of dates, pomegranate seeds, and cashews. Oh. And an apple

Total calories listed as 1288. About 50 calories over my allotment of 1230, but it's Sunday.

I too have just discovered the joy of cooking on cast iron pans. I always had them (given to me as a gift) but I never used them for some reason. Well I recently cooked a steak and a burger and OMG they were top 5 ever. :p Sweet potato and onion soup... I'd love to see that recipe, that sounds like one my hubby would drool over.

PS. Here's to Sunday! :)

I really like it: Williams and Somona had a sale on a set of 4. There was a pretty blue set, so I got it. The beans came out lovely!

Soup is easy-peasy: Roast about 1 pound of sweet potatoes. Also saute up about half a large onion in a scant dash of olive oil. I like to keep the potato skins so Scrub well. toss it all in your Vitamix or blender along with 4 cups of low-sodium chicken broth seasoned up to taste. Let her rip until it's smooth and thick. It makes about 8 cups and keeps well in the fridge for the week I need to finish it up.

Stats: 79 calories per serving. A whopping 388mg of potassium. Only 104mg of sodium. 2g of fiber and 3 of protein. Another whopping 206% of Vitamin A(!). Sops up nicely into bread!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Nothing yet, it's not yet 6 am....but I will have some Chex cereal in a while

Little Health Tip...if you're looking to UP your iron levels, the amount in a single bowl of Chex will surprise you,, my iron levels are almost double on days I do cereal ;):)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Today I will eat nothing.

Yesterday I had sausage, onion and cheese omelet and a pear for brunch, and pizza (pepperoni, onion, jalapeno, cheese) and some raw sugar snap peas for dinner with red wine. More red wine and chocolate covered almonds for dessert.
  • jenbeck18
    jenbeck18 Posts: 32 Member
    hard boiled egg, two pieces of turkey bacon and a sugar free chat tea latte. 162 calories to start my day!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Nothing yet, it's not yet 6 am....but I will have some Chex cereal in a while

Little Health Tip...if you're looking to UP your iron levels, the amount in a single bowl of Chex will surprise you,, my iron levels are almost double on days I do cereal ;):)

I love Rice Chex in ways that parents can't even love a newborn child. Unfortunately, I've found that sodium and carbs paired do stupid things to my water retention when bulking. The only sodium free cereal I've found is shredded wheat. Luckily, I'm becoming quite fond if it, especially the Wheat n' Bran variety.
  • TheSkyBlushed
    TheSkyBlushed Posts: 153 Member
    edited January 2017
    pebble4321 wrote: »

- Chicken and pineapple sliders

8gkbocoagfxv.jpg

WOW! Those sliders look deeeee-lish! PS. thanks for posting a photo - a picture truly is worth 1,000 words to me for some reason. :p
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    So far:
    1 lbs. chicken tenderloin
    1 lbs. french cut green beans
    1 vanilla almond Quest bar
    55g vanilla mpc
    28g pecans

It's gonna be a long day.
  • TheSkyBlushed
    Breakfast: coffee with a little milk. Home Made roll made with bread flour, oat flour, flaxseeds and oat bran. Banana. 21g pack of peanut butter.

Lunch: Red beans cooked in my brand new cast iron mini cocotte, with spiced-up water and rounded off with a slice of pepperjack cheese, stuffed inside home-made popover.

Dinner: Home-made sweet potato and onion soup with a popover to sop the end up.

Snack: salad of dates, pomegranate seeds, and cashews. Oh. And an apple

Total calories listed as 1288. About 50 calories over my allotment of 1230, but it's Sunday.

I too have just discovered the joy of cooking on cast iron pans. I always had them (given to me as a gift) but I never used them for some reason. Well I recently cooked a steak and a burger and OMG they were top 5 ever. :p Sweet potato and onion soup... I'd love to see that recipe, that sounds like one my hubby would drool over.

PS. Here's to Sunday! :)

I really like it: Williams and Somona had a sale on a set of 4. There was a pretty blue set, so I got it. The beans came out lovely!

Soup is easy-peasy: Roast about 1 pound of sweet potatoes. Also saute up about half a large onion in a scant dash of olive oil. I like to keep the potato skins so Scrub well. toss it all in your Vitamix or blender along with 4 cups of low-sodium chicken broth seasoned up to taste. Let her rip until it's smooth and thick. It makes about 8 cups and keeps well in the fridge for the week I need to finish it up.

Aha. That sounds a lot like my butternut squash soup recipe, except I usually tend to add some roasted carrots & beets, nutmeg, chipotle and a little almond milk along with the roasted squash. Then I top it off with a few pumpkin seeds, a little crumbled goat cheese & a few diced roasted beets for color.

PS. I L <3 O <3 V <3 E William & Sonoma!! Especially if there is a sale. $$$ B)
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Aha. That sounds a lot like my butternut squash soup recipe, except I usually tend to add some roasted carrots & beets, nutmeg, chipotle and a little almond milk along with the roasted squash. Then I top it off with a few pumpkin seeds, a little crumbled goat cheese & a few diced roasted beets for color.

PS. I L <3 O <3 V <3 E William & Sonoma!! Especially if there is a sale. $$$ B)

Yes - I do pretty much the same for butternut squash, too, but I seem to like my bases separate; so if I'm doing squash, I just do squash. Or I do (roasted) carrots or or roasted potato (not fond enough of beets to play with them); but I don't seem to mix and match.

I love W&S too, when they have a sale - I got some lovely muffin and cookie pans for Christmas bakes and right now I'm trying hard to not justify spending big bucks on their cast iron display racks. Really, I shouldn't spend on anything till after tax season.

• TheSkyBlushed
    [/quote]

I love W&S too, when they have a sale - I got some lovely muffin and cookie pans for Christmas bakes and right now I'm trying hard to not justify spending big bucks on their cast iron display racks. Really, I shouldn't spend on anything till after tax season.

[/quote]

It's funny how spending habits change over the years... Somehow I went from Victoria's Secret to William & Sonoma... Hmmm Maybe 2017 will be the year of Dick's Sporting Goods? LOL
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    No pics but :
    Breakfast - Summer berry porridge made with almond milk
    Snack - protein bar
    Lunch - Goat's cheese frittata, sesame bagel, salad, chocolate bar
    Snack - banana, mint hot chocolate
    Dinner - Plaice fillets(x3), buckwheat, carrots, brussels, runner beans, mushrooms
    Snack - (maybe) berry medley (strawberries, blackberries, grapes, blueberries)

Comes to around 2100 Calories for 1lb/week weight loss
  • TheSkyBlushed
    Today so far:
    y80c8nmxqzpi.png
    Breakfast: Cappuccino, w/ whipped cream, blueberries, cherry yogurt, berry kashi
    Lunch: Baby romaine, romaine, strawberries, feta, dried cranberries, garbanzo beans, shredded carrots, green olives, sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, chicken breast, balsamic dressing
    Snack: Peanut butter, 1/2 apple, 8 bittersweet chocolate chips
    Dinner: Baked chicken, bbq sauce, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Not enough
  • Vanillabeanss2
    Vanillabeanss2 Posts: 45 Member
    My goal is 1350/1300- I had oatmeal for breakfast, lunch: tofu with bake sweet potatoes and dinner stew breast with quinoa.
  • TheSkyBlushed
    no_russian wrote: »
    Not enough

Big Bear Brewery makes a mean cheese soup & goat cheese salad. :p
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    In-N-Out Double Double with onions for lunch. :#
  • TheSkyBlushed

Some days call for a double with onions. ;)
  • hellobaconplease
    hellobaconplease Posts: 108 Member
    So far. Don't know what to have for dinner yet.
    And it's in kilojoules, not calories.

What are those weird black hamburgers someone posted?!?

16kywx5.png
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member

Some days call for a double with onions. ;)

Ain't that the truth!
  • BarbVining
    BarbVining Posts: 4 Member
    Our family just normally eat fresh organic produce and grass-fed/finished meat. When I build a plate, recipe, etc. I make sure to include the colors! If you want to up your protection from colds and more, increase those bell peppers, cabbage, broccoli, kale, spinach, etc. Wonderful with whole grains and pasta and a little healthy extra virgin olive oil and lots of fresh garlic. Spices make it work!