TEAM TWO

Replies

• Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    ^^^ awwwww She's So Cute!!! Welllll thank God she found you! I can't believe someone just abandoned her!
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Wellll got my orange eaten today! Those are so good! I should eat them more!

Won't be able to put up the miles today - this is normally a big workout day for me but I have some blood pressure issues and my doctor stuck me on a 24 hour heart rate monitor so I have to wear this thing with all the wires attached to me and the controller...I can workout but I can't shower in the morning soooo I think I'm gonna do my co-workers a service and not workout tonight...sorry! I'll get some good miles in tomorrow!!
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Hope you feel better soon, @Sheri869!
  • Mark_
    Mark_ Posts: 50 Member
    Hello team 2!!
    I joined team 2 late in the last race and now I'm back for more!

My name is Mark and I live in Southern California. One hour from the desert, beach or snow this time of year. I've lived here my entire life and still can't believe how lucky I am and how many opportunities there are for outdoor activity.

I work out of town most of the time and find it quite challenging to keep up with the diet and exercise during the week.

My favorite forms of exercise are rowing and spinning but mostly I end up walking/running.

We don't have any pets at the moment... we travel just a little too much to be leaving a pet behind at the house and it's not practical to take one with us.

Wishing you all the best of luck during the race!!!
  • Brittanypomales
    Brittanypomales Posts: 60 Member
    Brittany here! This is my second race and I am hoping to pull more active minutes. My fitness has progressed since the last go around so I am excited to see what I can do.

My favorite exercise is P90x/P90x3. Each trainer is different and I like Tony Horton's style. I like feeling my body get stronger. Lately I have found myself enjoying running too.

I live in Arizona, just a little over a year now. It's beautiful, although it been rainy and gray this weekend. Shocker for the desert right? There is something about being surrounded by mountains that help put things in perspective.
    c7x2bp2xp3mz.jpg
    hyp7mrp5cmx6.jpg

Let's smash these 5000 miles!
  • Brittanypomales
    Brittanypomales Posts: 60 Member
    Sheri869 wrote: »
    Wellll got my orange eaten today!

Me too! Except I had a cantaloupe. As I sit there munching it hit me "hey, this is orange!"

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Sheri869 wrote: »
    Wellll got my orange eaten today! Those are so good! I should eat them more!

Won't be able to put up the miles today - this is normally a big workout day for me but I have some blood pressure issues and my doctor stuck me on a 24 hour heart rate monitor so I have to wear this thing with all the wires attached to me and the controller...I can workout but I can't shower in the morning soooo I think I'm gonna do my co-workers a service and not workout tonight...sorry! I'll get some good miles in tomorrow!!

You've got the rest of the week to make up for lost miles. Don't stress over it. It's cool. B)

I should have no problem getting the nutrition challenge done. I have lemons and oranges growing in my backyard, and this is the season that the oranges go crazy. I've been having one every day all month long. They're almost all gone, though... :'(
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    I am loving getting all the descriptions of everyone's lives. It is amazing what a diverse group we have. The variety in the activities is amazing as well. :)
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    On a side note, there is a rogue 33 minutes lost down on Soulfood77's line on Sunday. I have deleted it off since it is not hers. Please double check what you have entered. Thanks!!
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    edited January 2017
    1. NAME: Soulfood aka Shanna

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: Swimming! I was a speed swimmer when I was younger and also played water polo.

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM: Calgary, AB

4. A BRIEF (OR LONG) DESCRIPTION OF WHERE YOU LIVE: I live in a basement. It is the underside of a house....lol. But seriously - Calgary is a beautiful city in western Canada alongside the Rocky Mountains. We have a provincial park right in the middle of the city and I live about 6 blocks away so visit often. There are many day trips that can be taken. You can head into the mountainsat Banff to the west or to the badlands at Drumheller to the east.

I don't do animals in my home but I work at a zoo! Does that count for something?

I shall attempt to attach a photo...

9dpmyg05lh8z.jpg

Above is the provincial park by my house where I go walking and hiking!

• llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    edited January 2017
    Lesley I am sorry to hear about the sick dog :(. My baby has to have surgery next week for her other knee. It will be a rough week for us.
    I was able to get some extra walking in this am. There is a nor'easter here and when it's bad weather I ride in with my hubby. Also was ate some cantaloupe for a late morning snack, yesterday had my orange, hopefully the cantaloupe is approved and then I need one more
    Team 2 is over one quarter of the way to China all in one day. Great start team
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 455 Member
    This weeks challenge video-the 15 minute one- That song- the anthem for The year of the rooster 2017. It has American lyrics. This is deriving me nuts. I've done the video twice and the American lyrics are just barely escaping me. ANYONE??
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Survived my first Pilates class last night and got my run in this morning, and even had time to stop by the grocery store for some oranges before I had to be at work! I used to eat citrus like crazy but I can't recall the last time I had an orange.

I'm hoping to carve some time out for the videos this week. I already have a stretching routine that I do in the morning so the plan is to tack a video onto the end of my usual. 5 AM comes pretty early though so we'll see if my sleepy mind can remember!
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Challenge 2 complete. First two videos a little hard on the arms. Favorite video was the slimming routine and that is the one I repeated. Having my first tangerine as I type and my second and third are lined up on my desk in my workout room, ready to be eaten Wednesday and Thursday after my morning workouts. Feeling very energized and motivated right now. Hope it sticks with me throughout the 8 week challenge. :)
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Day 2 of my golden fruit challenge. I had an orange yesterday and today...think I'll change it up for a Grapefruit tomorrow!!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    @Sheri869 I hope the BP issues get figured out quickly.