Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    simon0000 wrote: »
    Great thread, pass the nachos and feel free to add me!

I have been craving nachos for days!!! I was looking on amazon fresh for ingredients Lol found Ghost pepper cheese sauce on there and Im drooling over here! lol
  • Verity1111
    I have found my people!! A good grilled cheese is my weakness

Yes! Yummy! I love grilled cheese so much <3 It has been a long time
  • Verity1111
    yesterday i was SO READY to eat a pizza, like a whole one, or nearly a whole one. but i got full after 4 slices which means pizza leftovers today and tomorrow! the only thing that i'm sad about is that they sent me regular pepsi instead of diet pepsi and i drank nearly the full 2 liters before noticing. i just thought diet pepsi was WAY better than diet coke (i don't drink a lot of soda). so i blew my calorie goal on the wrong junk food. hrmph. but seriously 850 calories of soda! that's so *kitten* sneaky!

But it was d a m n good wasn't it? Lol.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Oh on my OWN note! I FINALLY tried Halo Top ice cream. I HATE diet sweet foods and diet after tastes like in diet soda or protein shakes, etc...I can not stand stevia. HOWEVER, stevia is the very last ingredient on the list in this ice cream and I tried the S'more flavor. So good! I was very pleasantly surprised. It actually tastes kind of like caramel, which I am not big on, but it has a creamy texture that is very nice and the flavor is just mild enough that I could eat the entire pint without being overwhelmed - all for under 300 calories! Half a cup of ice cream is usually 250ish calories and in Halo Top it is about 80-100 calories! BIG difference!

I have been trying to find Halo Top ice cream. Just to try, because when I like ice cream I tend to head for the Ben & Jerry's and at nearly 1000 calories for a pint, I have to work really hard to fit that in. (In my house, I eat a pint at at time :D ) So, Halo Top has intrigued me, but I can't find it anywhere! Supposedly it is carried at Kroger stores around me, but I have checked three with no luck. I can only find Arctic Zero and based on the reviews from that, I am not going to even bother.

I really do want to try Halo Top though. :/
  • thinalini
    thinalini Posts: 6 Member
    Oreos are good, but...

TimTams > Oreos
  • dcraven16
    dcraven16 Posts: 19 Member
    This thread is EVERYTHING. Love it. I've decided healthy-ish eating is the perfect fit for me. I like my junk food and chocolate too much to say goodbye!
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    No doubt you can have treats and still stay within the limits but I would think that in order to get proper nutrition you can't survive on candy and cookies or pizza and burgers. Not every day and hoping you walked the mall enough to offset the damage.
    It doesn't train you to eat proper portions and get some nutritional balance each day.
    Hey, I eat my share of non traditional diet food every day but don't go overboard. I admit, I save up calories for my
    bedtime treat and sometimes eat less of what IS good for me in order to have that treat. But I wouldn't do it every day,
    all meals and I think promoting this type of eating as ok to do..."as long as the calories fit" is not good advice to someone
    jumping on this forum and taking it literall.

• rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Reply was not directed to the OP, never said it or even implied it ! More directed to the direction the
    thread was going and how it could easily be perceived as a proper way to lose lbs. no one here would agree that
    daily eating without at least an open eye toward nutrition is a healthy option.
    Not a lecture by any means just an observation, sorry if you interpreted it that way.
  • schac061
    schac061 Posts: 41 Member
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Oh on my OWN note! I FINALLY tried Halo Top ice cream. I HATE diet sweet foods and diet after tastes like in diet soda or protein shakes, etc...I can not stand stevia. HOWEVER, stevia is the very last ingredient on the list in this ice cream and I tried the S'more flavor. So good! I was very pleasantly surprised. It actually tastes kind of like caramel, which I am not big on, but it has a creamy texture that is very nice and the flavor is just mild enough that I could eat the entire pint without being overwhelmed - all for under 300 calories! Half a cup of ice cream is usually 250ish calories and in Halo Top it is about 80-100 calories! BIG difference!

I have tried three of their flavors so far. I've tried s'mores, mocha chip (I think is what it's called), and oatmeal cookie. And yes, I ate the whole pint in one sitting because it was 300 or less calories and I think I even ate one as lunch one day. Surprisingly the oatmeal cookie one was my favorite, followed my the mocha chip. I tried the mocha chip one first and was really disappointed. It was chalky and gross. I liked the flavor, but the texture was horrible. I let it sit on the counter as recommended, but I did not enjoy it. My only complaint about the oatmeal cookie is the huge, raw oats. Like raw pieces of oatmeal. Not that it stopped me from eating it all, but still. This one had the most real ice cream like taste and texture for me. I agree with your assessment about the s'mores flavor and it tasting like caramel. I want to try the peanut butter flavor next but I'm waiting for when I'm really craving ice cream. The only place that sells it near me is a high-end grocery store and they're US$6-$7/each!! That's really a splurge for me but I'm looking forward to trying their other flavors.
  • jennyhart200
    jennyhart200 Posts: 692 Member
    MAH80T50 wrote: »
    Well up until the 16th of this month I was not into clean eating, but due to ongoing digestive issues I have been placed on a very restrictive diet (low FODMAP) which kind of negates the ability to eat more or less anything that comes in a packet, but this is purely to try and get my body to remember how to digest food without being in agony, which has been the case for since October, so for once I am all for clean eating ... I do still want to be able to eat processed foods from time to time, and once I'm over this elimination period and have figured out exactly what is causing me all the digestive distress and agony, believe me I will be eating a wider range of foods, within my dietary needs ...

But I love this post, so just had to comment.

I was placed on this diet a year ago for digestive issues. Ended up eating turkey and brown rice almost exclusively for 8 weeks, as well as getting rid of coffee. It helped a lot to heal my system so that I could add normal food back in, as well as jump started my weight loss with 10 lbs. I also figured out that I have to keep my fatty foods down as well as some raw vegetables. Good luck!