TEAM TWO

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Sheri869 wrote: »
    Leslie - actually that clarifies the "leg" thing and the "bonus" Big Time! So I guess my question didn't actually have anything to do with that - I just thought it did. :#

Below is what I "thought" had to do with the "leg" - I don't see it anywhere on the chart but when I Printed it this stuff below printed as well - then I notices that 3 people (Joanne, Jenilla & Randi) had the little corner triangle "notes" on some of their daily minutes that listed specifically some of these workouts...so I guess I just don't know what that's for? This isn't all we can do for exercise I assume? I feel So Lame being confused!! lol!!

[1] interval running; tangelo
    [2] 25 minutes Thigh & Arm Challenge
    40 minutes Spin
    20 minutes Calisthenics
    [3] 41 minutes running
    [4] Pilates 60 min
    [5] Interval run (4 minutes run, 2 walk with a 5 minute warm-up and cool down)

When I add a comment (mine is the [1] listed above) that's just so I know what I did that day (interval running) and for keeping track of my progress on challenges - notice I had a tangelo for the first day of the fruit challenge. Tonight I'll be noting that I did the videos and ate an orange. You can do whatever exercise you want, and you can add a note to the spreadsheet or not - totally up to you! Although I admit I do peek at other peoples' notes because I am curious about what everyone is doing. I wish more people added notes, because it's interesting to me. I'm nosy like that. ;)
  • jenilla1
    Cindyk4919 wrote: »
    This weeks challenge video-the 15 minute one- That song- the anthem for The year of the rooster 2017. It has American lyrics. This is deriving me nuts. I've done the video twice and the American lyrics are just barely escaping me. ANYONE??

It's not an American song. It's from Beethoven's 9th symphony. The end of the symphony was inspired by the poem, "Ode to Joy" written by a German poet in the late 1700's. It has been adapted for many purposes, including church hymns. It is a spiritual song, so I could see how it ended up as church music. I couldn't tell you how the American lyrics go, though. I only know some of the original German ones. It's probably been all changed around over time. :D
  • jenilla1
    edited January 2017
    Soulfood77 wrote: »
    ...@Cindyk4919 It's Beethoven's Ode to Joy. I don't think he ever wrote lyics to it but many have put lyrics to it over the year. (I could be wrong...maybe he wrote lyrics) One of his symphonies...

Oh, you already answered the question. I guess I should read ahead before posting. ;)
    I thought it had always had lyrics - primarily taken from the poem, but changed slightly. I could be wrong, though. Too lazy to research it. :D
  • I did all of the exercise videos yesterday and my arms are really feeling it today!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    @jenilla1 I peek too ;)

It's all good, if I didn't want anyone knowing I wouldn't put it there!! :)
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 465 Member

It's not an American song. It's from Beethoven's 9th symphony. The end of the symphony was inspired by the poem, "Ode to Joy" written by a German poet in the late 1700's. It has been adapted for many purposes, including church hymns. It is a spiritual song, so I could see how it ended up as church music. I couldn't tell you how the American lyrics go, though. I only know some of the original German ones. It's probably been all changed around over time. :D [/
    It's not an American song. It's from Beethoven's 9th symphony. The end of the symphony was inspired by the poem, "Ode to Joy" written by a German poet in the late 1700's. It has been adapted for many purposes, including church hymns. It is a spiritual song, so I could see how it ended up as church music. I couldn't tell you how the American lyrics go, though. I only know some of the original German ones. It's probably been all changed around over time. :D [/quote]
    I just want to say that I like the Chinese exercise version better than the Lutheran Hymnal version. Lutheran hymnals all seem to be slowed down in tempo. -Maybe to accommodate various levels of organ playing.
  • Cindyk4919
    O.k I know that we can't use household tasks for mileage, but I will still be counting the snow shoveling on my food and exercise diary. iem96fi0lxeh.jpg
  • Joanna2012B
    @Cindyk4919 shoveling snow is exercise!!!!! There have been many times that I skipped the gym to shovel and my calorie burn was more!! So this is completely valid!! Count away my friend! BTW...I am so jealous...our winter has sucked so far snow wise! Yes I am one of those people that love snow and winter!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Shoveling snow counts
    What a beautiful view
    Happy Hump day
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    @Joanna2012B I agree I am missing my snow. I love to snowshoe and haven't been able to so far and last year was a bust also. I hate the cold but love the snow ❄️
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Aw, I wish we had some snow in Oklahoma. Yesterday it was 75 degrees, today it's 43. The weather can't make up it's mind!! Thanks for sharing you're beautiful photos @Mark_ and @Cindyk4919!!
  • Joanna2012B
    I am not sure the weather can make up it's mind anywhere :|

• Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Cindy...I must agree....shoveling snow is NOT every day activity...its BRUTAL Exercise!! I used to live in Tahoe and we would get several feet of snow sometimes...5 minutes of vigorous shoveling and I was dripping sweat while freezing at the same time!! Looks Beautiful though!!! I love your picture! Happy Shoveling!!
  • Haven't seen much snow this year. It has been unseasonably warm here in the South. I was able to go out and walk today for my exercise...it is supposed to get colder tomorrow though. :neutral:
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    I finished my 3 round orange challenge today. I was able add some more miles I hope to get the videos started tomorrow morning before work. I have a long day tomorrow so may not be able to get to the gym.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Not much done today because I spent the day with my mom. I did manage to do a CIZE video before I left the house. No oranges eaten yet but my mom gave me 2 so I just need 1 more.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Orange #2 done
    Videos done ✅ went to the gym had my trainer we did dead lifts I know I'll feel it tomorrow
    Walked for 30 x2 on my break from work. Good nite
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    Hi All!

Hope you're having a good day! I woke up with a sore throat (boo-urns!). I made it through the work day but have zero energy left. Not to mention I am walking with a limp because my workout in Monday was a half hour of Step Aerobics that I clearly was not ready for LOL. This is day 2 after the workout and my calves are not happy with me haha.

I am going to take today to rest up and get back to it tomorrow- even if tomorrow is just a walk. We seem ahead enough in points - kudos to everybody!! I promise to be back tomorrow earning us points!

On the upside, I am downing oranges like crazy to try and fight this cold as fast as possible. 2 down and eating another tomorrow will not be an issue!
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    No oranges eaten yet but my mom gave me 2 so I just need 1 more.

@jamaicanlady The "grocery store of mom and dad" is my favourite grocery store!
  • Cindyk4919
    The snow was heavy and kept coming. No water aerobics because of the weather. I shoveled twice today.
    I enjoyed The little Apple video so much that I did it for 36 minutes. I found it fun and cheerful.
    I need to get back to the store to buy more clementines. My stash is getting low. 954us0gt15bw.jpg