Substitute for Coffee Creamer?

2»

Replies

• MelodyMomof2
    MelodyMomof2 Posts: 45 Member
    I love my coffee with creamer and a little sugar. A cup is usually about 40 calories once I am done. I just log my calories and move on. I do drink less than I used to. It's something that I really really love and I haven't taken it out of my diet yet. Maybe one day.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    I use regular refrigerated creamer and torani flavored syrups. I dont use sugar because of the sugar in the creamer already(unless you use sugar free creamers) my kroger creamer is only 35 calories for a tbsp. thats not a lot of calories.non dairy ones are probably lower in calories(I dont know I dont use them)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,294 Member
    I didn't want to give up creamer so I use coffee mate french vanilla individual creamers. 25 cal each, I have 3 a day & occationally put one on my oatmeal. You find it in the coffee section, no need to refridgerate
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    sllm1 wrote: »
    If you really enjoy it - just use the creamer.

^^This^^ I have one cup with enough creamer to know it's in there, a far cry from what I used to put in it. I think that's how I lost my weight over the past year. ;)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    edited January 2017
    Plain milk

ETA -I mean add plain milk to your coffee instead of creamer, not drink plain milk instead of coffee
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    I use a TBSP of califia better half. I also started to buy really good coffee. I usually have two or three cups and only have the first with the better half. Creamy and delicious!
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    I started drinking coffee with a TON of creamer. I moved to two TBSP, then one TBSP and one or two of fat free half and half. Then one TBSP and two of whole milk. Then just 3 of whole milk. Then I switched to almond milk--so now it's 8-10 cal (plus the 5 or so for the coffee itself). A far cry from the 60+ I was drinking a year ago! Plus now I'm down to one cup instead of two.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    edited January 2017
    2 packets Splenda, 1 tsp Benefiber, and 1 Tbs Coffeemate vanilla Natural Bliss creamer. Every day

Took a while to get used to the lower amount of creamer but used to it now.
  • jenniday1229
    jenniday1229 Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 2017
    This was the hardest for me. I work from home and drink coffee until 1pm most days, with lots of flavored creamer. I hated the sugar free varieties because of the weird aftertaste but was going lower carb. After a lot of trial and error, homemade creamers, variations etc I finally figured it out: flavored coffee! Now I use flavored coffee (Starbucks caramel kcups or Sprouts bulk ground flavored varieties in the French press) and 1/2 tsp truvia and half and half.
  • brdoyle8
    brdoyle8 Posts: 38 Member
    I buy a 35 calorie per tablespoon non dairy flavored creamer from aldi. Often I find I don't even use the full tablespoon in my 16 oz of iced coffee.
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    I just use soy milk, but I've never been a fan of creamer. lol I think any milk would do.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Milk.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    MILK . What's wrong with milk?
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Buy really good quality coffee and drink it black.

LOL. I do buy really good quality coffee. Cannot STAND to drink it black. ;)
  • burnsdesi
    burnsdesi Posts: 30 Member
    do you mean the flavoured stuff that comes with sugar in it? Try switching to regular ol coffee cream to start. It'll give you the richness without the sugar. Then try milk or unsweetened vanilla nut milks. There's also a coconut milk creamer that gives the nice richness of coffee cream but fewer calories (10 cals per tbsp instead of coffee cream's 30 or so).