Climbing my mountain...one meal a day

jst4fun140
jst4fun140 Posts: 11 Member
Greetings...inspired by others' journals here, I thought I'd give it a go.
I'm 52 yrs old. I have been overweight all my life starting around the age of 10 I'd say. I've always been self-conscious of my body & weight. I've tried EVERYTHING. My parents sent me to "fat camp" when I was about 12 yrs old. I've tried weight watchers, exercise, low calorie/low fat, South Beach etc...in my 30s I had gastric bypass surgery. I have a huge scar on my stomach from under my breast going down the center of my torso down to my belly button. Yes, I lost weight, got down to around 180 lbs. The skinniest I've been in my adult life.
Kept it off a few years & then over time put weight on again. I needed brain surgery to change my mind about food...not stomach surgery. I gained a lot of weight back. Was in an unhappy 25 yr marriage (he thought everything was great). I started to lose weight on my own. During this time I divorced him. Lost quite a bit of weight from the stress of divorce. Was unintentionally doing omad without knowing it & kept losing. Over time & being in another short, bad relationship, I broke that off & I started to not care again & started just eating crap. I just didn't care. I gained weight again which brought me to finding OMAD.
I've been doing it since the first of the year. I started at 282#. I'm currently down to 272#. I eat my meal around 2-3pm. I know I could probably do better but I do like to have dessert. I like this woe because it's very freeing for me & I'm not tied down to counting calories. I eat one meal & I'm done.
Thank you for having me. I look forward to sharing my progress.

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Thanks for sharing that story. it's amazing the journey life leads people on. And yes, we tend to quit caring, which is why we self-destruct.

Welcome aboard the OMAD train!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    I'm glad that you are taking care of yourself. Diligence is key.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Keep fighting, you will get to where you want to be!
  • jst4fun140
    Thank you all
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    I like to eat in the early afternoon too.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Glad you're on board, I just started at the new year as well. A 10 lb start is wonderful. Looking forward to both of us celebrating New Year 2018 at our goal weights!
  • jst4fun140
    That would be amazing! Thank you
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    So glad you joined us and congrats on the weight loss. Your story sounds familiar. Been there, done that. We have to learn to always put our health first. Looking forward to following your journey in 2017!! We CAN do it!
  • jst4fun140
    I totally forgot I started this journal lol....I did my first longer fast this week. I was shooting for 36 hours & made it to 40. I did it because I feel like my weight loss is so slow due to decades of insulin resistance. I broke the fast this morning & am back to my regular OMAD.
    I've been stuck around a 10 pound loss since the first of the year & am hoping to move past that.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Good luck. I've been having some success going low carb lately when it has been a bit slow also.