I can buy clothes at a regular store

So I bought 2 pair of jeans and a bathing suit at Costco yesterday for a grand total of 50 dollars and in the plus size store 1 pair of jeans are 80 dollars.

I am so excited to be in a size 14 and be able to shop at a regular store. I was a 20 in may and stuck at tje plus size stores and had been for most of my adult life. I'm halfway there down 66 pounds yay can't wait....wonder if I will hit a single digit size

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Congrats! It's sooooo nice being able to walk into a regular store and just buy something (especially if it's on sale to boot... they never had sales at the plus-size stores around here...)
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    edited January 2017
    only problem I don't know whe're to shop. I've only had one option for so many years. I'm trying to buy minimal on tje journey so when I get to goal I can go out and buy lots. funny thing is I always thought I hated shopping but now I'm starting o love it!!
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Congratulations!!! That's an awesome progress! So inspiring...!
  • Canehdn
    Canehdn Posts: 122 Member
    Cheers!! That awesome! You're progress is awesome. If you keep that determination, you'll hit those singles.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    That's a good feeling..and motivating too! I'm so happy for you. Enjoy your new clothes.
  • That is the best feeling in the world! Congratulations on your many successes!! :)
  • schac061
    schac061 Posts: 41 Member
    So I bought 2 pair of jeans and a bathing suit at Costco yesterday for a grand total of 50 dollars and in the plus size store 1 pair of jeans are 80 dollars.

I am so excited to be in a size 14 and be able to shop at a regular store. I was a 20 in may and stuck at tje plus size stores and had been for most of my adult life. I'm halfway there down 66 pounds yay can't wait....wonder if I will hit a single digit size

Congrats! Feels so great, right? I'm at about the same place as you. 60 down with another 65 to go. I'm starting to have the same feelings. I've only shopped at plus size stores/sections that I don't really know where to begin!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Congrats. It is so nice to have choices
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    only problem I don't know whe're to shop. I've only had one option for so many years. I'm trying to buy minimal on tje journey so when I get to goal I can go out and buy lots. funny thing is I always thought I hated shopping but now I'm starting o love it!!

The great thing is you can go to pretty much any store and shop. Try Old Navy if you want to get something that's not to expensive. But being able to shop in non plus size stores you should be able to find great deals. I went to Belks the other week and found some great shirts, on sale plus 60-70% off. Good luck shopping.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    That's awesome! It is such an odd feeling after many years of plus size shopping (for me) to walk into "normal" stores and feel pretty confident grabbing something off the shelf knowing it will fit. Might not look good - Lol - but it will go on.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Congrats! What a great victory!
  • Lioness_1978
    Lioness_1978 Posts: 3,938 Member
    edited January 2017
    Congrats Lady!! I totally know the feeling! I used to be a 28. I wear 12s and medium and large tops now. The feeling of knowing I'm never shopping in those departments again is life changing. Way to go!!!
    Ross has become my best friend through my weight loss on a budget.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    I also went to an outdoors store..hiking kyak snowshoe you get the idea. before I gained this 130 pounds I shopped there alot hubby and I went on week long hiking the trail backpacking trips. last year I went in to grab something g for a child and I felt like everyone was thinking she is too big to hike kyak whatever (no one made me feel that way) but the thing is I was too out of shape. yesterday I went in and bought a new day hike in pack and I felt comfortable in the store. I looked around and thought I want to go snoe showING and kayaking and backpacking and all those fun things I can do again! I think I had babies gained a ton of weigjt cause I gave up all the outdoor things I loved....but I'm back!!

thank you all for the encouragement it has been a strange ride but so glad I didn't give up.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Sounds like the door to a whole new world has been opened...er...reopened! Congrats on all your success!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,230 Member
    YES! That is a great feeling, ENJOY it.
  • rach021979
    rach021979 Posts: 103 Member
    Congrats, that's wonderful!
  • SalvationMountain41
    SalvationMountain41 Posts: 106 Member
    Oh my goodness-congratulations! What a great feeling that must be! I currently have a cart full of Lane Bryant 14/16 sale items that I just can't pull the trigger on. Not sure if they will fit in a month's time. Can't wait to be able to take advantage of the cute and bountiful offerings at TJ Max and Ross.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!