This is probably a dumb question but..

My steps are no longer tracking? Like it's just not there? What's the deal?

Replies

• firephoenix8
    firephoenix8 Posts: 102 Member
    What device are you using?
  • Laurasauer23
    Laurasauer23 Posts: 9 Member
    iPhone.
  • Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    If you're going off of MFP step calculator, don't. I can clean my house, walk my dog, jog for 30 minutes, hit the gym and it'll still tell me I only took 500 steps lol.
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    iPhone.
    Hard reboot. Hold down home button and power button for 10 seconds. Then let us know if it's fixed
  • Laurasauer23
    I'll try the reboot now.
  • Laurasauer23
    Didn't work.
  • Laurasauer23
  • Laurasauer23
    This is what my home page looks like
  • mbag437
    mbag437 Posts: 3 Member
    This happened to me, I contacted MFP and they gave me a whole list of instructions.
    Hello,

Our apologies for any problems you have been having. It sounds as if you may have run into a problem with an expired "token" (basically, the data required to get past the toll booth to cross the bridge from one partner to the other). To refresh your token, please perform the following exact steps:

- Go to our main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com, then to the Apps tab, then find Fitbit on the right, click on it and then disconnect.
    - Then log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com, click the gear icon, then Settings, next click Applications, then Click the blue 'Revoke Access' button and revoke access for MyFitnessPal
    - It's important to make sure Fitbit has been disconnected on both MyFitnessPal and Fitbit
    - Once disconnected, please wait 15 minutes then try to reconnect from the MyFitnessPal website
    - Go back to www.MyFitnessPal.com website (not the Fitbit or MFP app) and relink your Fitbit device via the main Apps tab, https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30
    - Once you have reconnected, go back to the Apps tab online and make sure Fitbit is now showing on the right-hand side of the page under Your Apps.

This should refresh your link on both sides. Once you have reestablished the connection, you need to then make sure to elect Fitbit as your step source.

You can elect Fitibit as your Step source either via the Menu in the App, then Steps. Or online here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/step_trackers

If you continue to have a problem, please let us know your MyFitnessPal username as well as your Fitbit ID. (Which can be found by clicking on your profile photo at Fitbit.com, which will take you to your Fitbit.com Profile and now copy the URL at the top and paste it in the email reply to us.)

Kind Regards,
    ​Betty
    MyFitnessPal

​​ New to MyFitnessPal? You can quickly find answers to Frequently Asked Questions by clicking here.

Using one of our mobile apps? Frequently Asked Questions -- and in some cases Tutorial Videos! -- are found on the "Help" page of the Android and iPhone apps and the "More" page of our other apps.

Find us on Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/myfitnesspal

Follow us on Twitter:
    @myfitnesspal for news and announcements
    @MFP_Ops for updates on website or app issues, and their resolution
  • Laurasauer23
    I didn't realize if I logged exercise that my steps would be gone. That must be it.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    I had to disconnect my misfit like they said to your Fitbit and reconnect it and that fixed it. I don't have any trouble logging my cardio and then having it log my steps. I do have to be careful not to double dip.
  • Laurasauer23
    I don't have a Fitbit connected. I just thought in the past there was a pedometer on this app regardless of exercise logged manually. I've used this app for a long time and have never had my steps disappear until today
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    So I have been on MFP for 596 days. My Fitbit had synced with the account for a long period of time and then back in November it stopped. It was very frustrating, but I thought maybe it was now a premium thing. Went on with life. Saw this post, did the steps, and it's WORKING!!!!!! I'm so excited.
  • Laurasauer23
    Awesome Julie! I was hoping this morning that now my steps would show since I didn't log any exercise so far today. Nope. Still no steps anywhere on my page