TEAM TWO

Replies

• RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

I'm excited for the hike this week. My furbabies love going for walks and *hopefully* this Spring-like weather will hold out through the weekend.

I was able to get through a 25 minute Fitness Blender HIIT video this morning... Those things are killer but I love 'em! Then my workout buddy and I are going to a Pilates class this evening so that will add another 45 - 60 miles.

Let's do this!! :smiley:
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    I hope the weather in my area warms up a bit and thatbit doesn't snow so I can get outside. That will surely make it challenging. My Jaz is having her knee surgery today so she will be restricted for the next several months.
    I am glad we are getting right to this accountability goals as I really need this push with my good choices lately

Kim I loved the pictures, I am sure all the sculptures were amazing
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    The weather is supposed to be amazing here all week, and I've got miles and miles of trails at my disposal, so I'm ready to hike! Wish I could do the hiking for the snow-bound people, too... :/
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    I LOVE this week's challenges. Especially the dance videos. Got them done already and I'll probably do them again just for fun :) So challenge #1 points have been claimed.

I will try to get the walk done over the next 2 days. Weather is not a problem, it's sunny here right through the year. But the only time I have to walk is about 11 o'clock in the day when the sun is BOILING. I don't want skin cancer :D Maybe I'll walk with an umbrella? People will be making fun of me I'm sure, but who cares right?

Challenge # 3 will be easy peasy. I'm usually under most days of the week except for my cheat day on Friday.

Last night I went for a 50 minute stroll just so I could reach my 700 minutes and get maximum points. I'm aiming for 700 minutes again this week as well.

Come on Team 2 Beat! We placed 4th last week which is not bad. But it's upward from here I'm sure! Looking forward to it.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Lesley...I wish you could do my dancing and I would do your hiking!! :D

I love hiking in the snow!!
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 855 Member
    The outdoor hiking will be a challenge for me with cold weather and snow but hubby says he will walk it with me one of these evenings. Fresh snow and 18 degrees tonight so won't be tonight. I don't want to get hit by the snowplows or sand trucks that are out. The calorie one will get me back on track (doing a lot of cheating lately), the videos will be started tonight. Nice job everyone. My goal is to beat last weeks total minutes even if just by a few.
  • Annampea
    Annampea Posts: 65 Member
    OK, I have nailed a little over 2 miles toward the challenge. The videos look fun. I will attempt those another night because I still have water running to go to this evening. I am trying to up my exercise minutes as well. I got some unfavorable results on my yearly blood tests in reference to cholesterol, so exercise is now a necessity!
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 855 Member
    videos done, yay, wish I had a fancy dress to swing around while I did them :) The twirling around in a circle while jumping on one leg was a challenge but did it without injury.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Annampea wrote: »
    OK, I have nailed a little over 2 miles toward the challenge. The videos look fun. I will attempt those another night because I still have water running to go to this evening. I am trying to up my exercise minutes as well. I got some unfavorable results on my yearly blood tests in reference to cholesterol, so exercise is now a necessity!

WARNING: LONG AND POTENTIALLY BORING PERSONAL MEDICAL RANT AHEAD

I have chronically crappy cholesterol. I have since the first time it was tested in my late 20's. But I'm not the typical high cholesterol case study. I'm what most people would call a thin person, with a BMI ranging between 20 and 21. I cook most of my food from scratch (almost no fast food or anything like that) and I include a lot of fiber, mostly low and no-processed foods and other good things in my diet. I'm also quite active, and get plenty of cardio exercise. I still have terrible cholesterol. Doesn't seem fair...

Doctor says it's probably genetic. Apparently, some body types need to be leaner to stay healthy, while others can be overweight and still have good numbers. The only thing that seems to bring my cholesterol down into the high-normal range (just under 200) is decreasing my body fat to below 27%. If I get it down below 25% it's almost normal.

But I've been lazy this winter, skimped on my weight training and protein, and ate a lot of sugary treats and now the BF% is just above 29% and my last cholesterol test (2 weeks ago) had me at 298. My highest ever. (I didn't even know it could go that high!) Poo to that. 29% body fat in a female is well within the healthy range. So uncool. At least my blood pressure and blood sugar are awesome...

It's been fairly easy for me to maintain a healthy weight and BMI here on MFP, but it's a huge challenge to keep the lean mass up and the fat mass down. And it only takes a few months to backslide. Maintaining lean mass takes discipline. :p But I guess if I want to stay off meds I'll have to get it done. The LAST thing I want to do is take medication if I have the ability to correct an issue on my own.

Thanks for the reminder that I need to be working on body composition. Sometimes I lose focus and I think it's "good enough" to just maintain. Good luck getting your numbers back where they should be. I'm sure you're not a genetic oddball like me. You'll be able to do it!!! :D
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    Guys....

My couch is SUPER comfy tonight.
  • Joanna2012B
    Well I have sucked it up 3 of the 5 dance videos done! I did not do the dance as such but not assure you I was moving....lol! I am a girl that would rather run, cycle, squat, lift, push ups, burpees, stairs .... so challenges like this are well challenging...lol!!!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    llmg970 wrote: »
    I hope the weather in my area warms up a bit and thatbit doesn't snow so I can get outside. That will surely make it challenging. My Jaz is having her knee surgery today so she will be restricted for the next several months.
    I am glad we are getting right to this accountability goals as I really need this push with my good choices lately

Kim I loved the pictures, I am sure all the sculptures were amazing

Hope your little girl did well with her surgery and starts a great recovery as quickly as possible!! It makes it hard on you when they are down like that and need some much extra attention.
  • lbenson2006
    Lesley...I wish you could do my dancing and I would do your hiking!! :D

I love hiking in the snow!!

I'm not the best at the dancing, but if I could do that for you, I would...in a heartbeat. I like outdoor running and stuff just can't hardly find the time to get it in...especially now. Although, husband did said we'd get it in somehow this weekend. We'll see. Lol
  • lbenson2006
    Videos done. Day 1 under calorie...even with eating lunch out with my sister's family...and having candy for desert. But this makes me have so much more self control!! We have a birthday at work today but I think I'm going to do Greek yogurt instead while they are all eating the good stuff. Lol
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    I've completed the outdoor 5k. I'll do the videos tomorrow or Thursday. The hardest part this week is staying under calories. I'm going to have guests staying at our house Friday and Saturday night. I'm a social eater/drinker.
  • Joanna2012B
    Day 2 under my calorie!! Woohoo!!
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    edited February 2017
    fyi...for whoever needs to know... the 4th video isn't working - it says its been taken down by the owner.... so I did 1-3 & #5... maybe we can sub another one?

and I'm with Leslie....Joanna...if I could trade you the dancing for the outdoor walking/running...I'd do it in heartbeat!!!!! I'm loving the dance videos...I do Zumba and bellydance so they are a blast! The 5k...mehhhhhh! I wish I could trade it out!!!
  • lbenson2006
    Sheri869 wrote: »
    fyi...for whoever needs to know... the 4th video isn't working - it says its been taken down by the owner.... so I did 1-3 & #5... maybe we can sub another one?

and I'm with Leslie....Joanna...if I could trade you the dancing for the outdoor walking/running...I'd do it in heartbeat!!!!! I'm loving the dance videos...I do Zumba and bellydance so they are a blast! The 5k...mehhhhhh! I wish I could trade it out!!!

I had that problem too but there was some kind of link to click where it said you had to watch it in YouTube and that did work for me this morning. Please let me know if you still can't get it to work. Thanks.
  • Annampea
    Annampea Posts: 65 Member
    I finished the outdoor walking and the 5 videos. I think this is the fastest I have ever completed the two ten point challenges on the race. Now to stay under calories for three more days. I made it under today, even with a work potluck for lunch! I agree that I find this motivating and hoping to see some results on the scale this week :)
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    Hey all!

Hope you got a good start to your week. I had a VERY lazy weekend but oh well. Finished it off with some exercise tonight so that was good.

Sad about the outdoor workout this week. It was gorgeous out last week and it is forecast to be gorgeous next week. This week? Not so much. In a cold snap so I will have to dig out my ski pants. I may try to do it at the zoo where I work as I get off early tomorrow and then there are at least buildings I can pop into to warm up when needed. Lol just terrible weather timing. But I guess it is a winter amazing race so I better suck it up and hope I don't fall on an icy sidewalk!!

Got the videos done today. Haven't been struggling with staying under calorie so that should be a breeze.

Have a great week everybody!