1Madgirl's january goals!

2»

Replies

• Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    The real shame is that I KNOW that if I go back on track I WILL lose weight and see the results.
    I'm going to weigh myself Saturday and try to get on track for the next few days.
    I'm at this exact spot... have been for about 3 years, since the birth of my son.
    Wise words by @SavedByGrace26356 ... I'm in a cycle of achieving a "perfect" day or two by using immense willpower, then losing it and going over or breaking my fast way early. Suffice to say I haven't gotten close to either of my January goals: getting comfortable with OMAD and losing anything. I'm naturally a positive person but I am struggling to feel like I will be able to achieve that inner peace.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    It's a long process to get to that "inner peace" it's taken me 2 years just to get the point that I am now, which by no means is always peaceful lol
    Just like most things in life, all you can go is give it your best. "Insert a bunch of cliques" lol
    Of all the processes I've been through, the most successful for me has been support from others. This group is amaizing for that, but if you need more, feel free to message me anytime, I check mfp a lot :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited January 2017
    The real shame is that I KNOW that if I go back on track I WILL lose weight and see the results.
    I'm going to weigh myself Saturday and try to get on track for the next few days.

Right now, I'm finding it not too difficult to do the diet although I do sabotage it a bit with my cheat days. I don't do a strict OMAD routine and get full each night. Fortunately that has worked (this probably won't work for a lot of folks). It would be much harder for me to go to bed hungry and then fast the next day. The coconut oil, drinking water, and chewing sugarless gum really helps me if I'm having a bad day and makes it so it isn't so hard. I really think that getting a multiple vitamin and possibly fats and proteins goes a long ways to not getting that hungry the next day. I get the most hungry the next day when I eat a lot of carbs the night before it seems like. Just some of my thoughts and observations. Each of us may be different.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Thank you for the encouragement guys!
    You know what, no more excuses for me! I need to see a loss on Saturday, even if its only 100grams.

I bought a bag of glass pebbles and I have put in the remaining weight I need to lose (one pebble for every 100grams I need to lose) in a jar.
    I'm looking forward to removing those pebbles!

• Flybeetle
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    It's a long process to get to that "inner peace" it's taken me 2 years just to get the point that I am now, which by no means is always peaceful lol
    Just like most things in life, all you can go is give it your best. "Insert a bunch of cliques" lol
    Of all the processes I've been through, the most successful for me has been support from others. This group is amaizing for that, but if you need more, feel free to message me anytime, I check mfp a lot :)
    THANK YOU! Just what I needed to start my day off with :)
  • Flybeetle
    You know what, no more excuses for me! I need to see a loss on Saturday, even if its only 100grams.

I bought a bag of glass pebbles and I have put in the remaining weight I need to lose (one pebble for every 100grams I need to lose) in a jar.

You've got this!! Glass pebbles, what a great idea! With this attitude you'll certainly get there. Perhaps also keep a glass for the pebbles (weight) you get to remove or have already lost so that you are not just reminded of the work ahead but also of how far you've come!
  • blambo61
    Don't be discouraged by one weight measurement. It can fluctuate remember. If it has been awhile since you lost, I can understand wanting to see something though.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Flybeetle wrote: »
    I'm at this exact spot... have been for about 3 years, since the birth of my son.
    Wise words by @SavedByGrace26356 ... I'm in a cycle of achieving a "perfect" day or two by using immense willpower, then losing it and going over or breaking my fast way early. Suffice to say I haven't gotten close to either of my January goals: getting comfortable with OMAD and losing anything. I'm naturally a positive person but I am struggling to feel like I will be able to achieve that inner peace.

You will get there. It's a different pace for each one of us. ♥
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member

This is a great way to visually see how much you have to lose and another jar to see how much you have lost. Always go with the positive side of weight loss. It doesn't matter how much you have left to lose but a celebration of what you've done.

When I first began OMAD I would make it a point while out shopping to pick up a bag of dog food or large bottles of water or bags of sugar to equal the weight I lost and carry those things around the store until they got too heavy for me. When I set them down I loved feeling how much better I felt and could appreciate every pound I lost. I lost a lot of weight and it began getting too heavy for me so I don't do it anymore but it encouraged me to keep going in the beginning.
  • 1MADGIRL
    edited January 2017
    Good morning :)

I did not reach my goal of going down to 52kg but I'm happy nonetheless!
    I am now at weight 53.6kg!
    I lost 2% of my weight.

Tomorrow I'll start a new thread for February!

How did you guys go?

Group goals for January:

1MadGirl - to weigh 52.0kg - Result = 53.6kg
    blambo61 - to stay on OMAD consistently for the whole month
    Anneli_F - to maintain weight
    SavedByGrace - to lose anything the body wants to lose
    DebSozo - monitor calories better and eat more nutritious food (avoiding sugar and refined flour)
    Flybeetle - get comfortable with OMAD (and maybe lose a bit as well)
    kabrigail - get disciplined as in the first two months. Lose 1 pound a week (at least)
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    I met my January goal! Week of 1/26 I gained a half pound, but I lost 1.5 by 1/31 so I averaged it out. I lost a total of 5.5 pounds for January!!! (as of today)
  • blambo61
    I did keep the goal of OMAD with just 1-splurge day a week or less. I lost 6-lbs total.
  • 1MADGIRL
    kabrigail wrote: »
    I met my January goal! Week of 1/26 I gained a half pound, but I lost 1.5 by 1/31 so I averaged it out. I lost a total of 5.5 pounds for January!!! (as of today)

Wow awesome!!!
  • 1MADGIRL
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I did keep the goal of OMAD with just 1-splurge day a week or less. I lost 6-lbs total.

WOW! You both did so well!
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    I was two days late, but other than that I met my january goal - to maintain my weight (get back to the lowest I was before my holiday that is) . Feels good! :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Anneli_F wrote: »
    I was two days late, but other than that I met my january goal - to maintain my weight (get back to the lowest I was before my holiday that is) . Feels good! :)

Yayyy
  • blambo61
    Very good!