I can't stand eggs.

I hate eggs. What are some breakfast recepies that are high in protein?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    what do you hate about eggs? eggs by themselves, eggs in general?
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Chicken, fish, a steak.. you don't have to eat traditional "breakfast" foods for breakfast. If you want to, though... there's always sausage or a personal favorite....

BACON! :smiley:
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Peanut butter!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    The same things that are high in protein at any meal are also high in protein at breakfast. You could always drink a breakfast shake with protein powder. Breakfast shakes are all the rage right now.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Low fat cottage cheese, flavoured however you like it.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    plain greek yogurt or maybe add in some oatmeal and walnuts
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Eating Oikos Triple Zero Vanilla Greek yogurt as I type...15 g of protein, 120 calories
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Protein waffles, pancakes or oatmeal. In fact, protein pancakes are my dinner tonight!

www.theproteinchef.co
  • This morning I had 4oz oven roasted deli turkey, bean sprouts, lettuce, and hummus on two slices of fiber one bread. Yummy and filling. Greek yogurt, meats, veggies, smoothies, etc. etc.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    You can eat whatever you like for breakfast. There is no reason to eat "breakfast" foods in the morning. Eat what you want, when you want it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited February 2017
    I had chicken enchiladas this morning...in the summer I often enjoy some grilled fish and rice with veg...we make a lot of hardy stews in the winter and I often have leftovers for breakfast.
  • kshengst
    kshengst Posts: 10 Member
    You can eat whatever you like for breakfast. There is no reason to eat "breakfast" foods in the morning. Eat what you want, when you want it.

As a person who recently developed an egg allergy, I'm just happy I'm an adult and can eat whatever the hell I want. But oh gah, I miss a good breakfast burrito.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    The same things that are high in protein at any meal are also high in protein at breakfast.

This.
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    if you're hung up on wanting "breakfast-type" foods, - you have still have a lot of meat or dairy options. Yogurt, Greek yogurt, (you can always mix stuff in for flavor/texture), cottage cheese, ham/bacon/turkey bacon on toast, peanutbutter toast, etc. I personally love my balsamic red lentils for breakfast - texture similar to oatmeal, a bit sweet, and good warm or cold and protein!
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    edited February 2017
    I hate eggs too, since I was a child! I can't stand the smell

Edit: it keeps cutting my post //
  • GeorgiePie88
    GeorgiePie88 Posts: 54 Member
    I hate eggs, too. This has long made getting enough protein difficult as I don't have the money to eat tons of meat either.

With enough trial and error, I've developed my go-to breakfast of greek yogurt (200g) with blueberries (100g), pumpkin seeds (1 tablespoon), flaxseeds (2 tsps), and slivered almonds (1 tablespoon). Altogether it comes to around 20g of protein.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I usually eat my protein bar and a cheese stick for breakfast. Mostly because it's quick and easy, but also because if I'm going to run that morning, that particular combination works well for me - I don't feel sick or sluggish like I might with a typical meal.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    I love all kinds of eggs. But suddenly hard boiled eggs taste like fish. Can't eat those any more. :(
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2017
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »
    Wha???? You hate eggs. I can't take part of this negativity? LOL

This was my reaction as well. I typically eat 2-6 eggs a day. They're the most versatile food I have in my fridge. My sister used the last of the eggs last night so I woke up this morning to an empty carton and that pretty much set the mood for my day, lol.

OP - eat whatever. I had a friend who used to eat grilled fish almost every day for breakfast (he was Japanese). Bacon, sausage, and ham are always great "breakfast" proteins (as sides, in empanadas/wraps, etc). You can also get some protein powder and add it to oatmeal, smoothies, pancakes, yogurt, etc. Greek yogurt by itself is also a great source of protein. And then, of course, there're protein/energy bars. Oh! There are high-protein breads, too.