Over 45 anyone else out there ?!

Options
I'm over 45 lost 64 pounds now I'm toning and just trying to keep up ... lol

Replies

• sjrs11
    sjrs11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 lost 16 lbs and been looking to lose another 10 for the past year. Need an fitness buddy. I try to workout 3 times a week but need to motivate myself for another day. How are you at motivating?
  • metoo2714
    metoo2714 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm here! I'm 48! Lost 24 lbs. so far. I've put the whole family on my diet. (they don't know it yet) ;)
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Almost 48, just doing my thing.. Sometimes cutting, sometimes bulking..
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    52 and working on losing 20, it's slow going but coming off!
  • MimiBaez
    MimiBaez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    50 trying to keep this body ticking :smile: my goal is to get rid of 20 lb for good by year end!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
  • pattycarr3423
    pattycarr3423 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 52 & this is my second week. First time in the community. My goal is to lose 70 lbs. Working at making lifestyle changes so I can live life to the fullest.
  • johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    48 and getting younger!
  • RoosterDJC
    RoosterDJC Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Howdy! New year resolution and long term maintenance goal 47 year old here :smile: 40 el bees to go.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm way over 45, lost 50 pounds and been maintaining my goal weight for 5 months! U can do it.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    69 so a lot older, age is no barrier. All the best and good luck
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    47 here, lost 126lbs and have been maintaining for about six months. Working on recomp now and building a bit more muscle.
  • MarieCoreaa1
    MarieCoreaa1 Posts: 68 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    45+ here trying to loose the weight too, here to encourage :) working on losing 20+lbs this year. 2017 is year of new beginnings. Because "my story is not over yet ; "
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    There are groups for us old farts, you know.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I will officially be 47 in less than a month. I have lost 150+ since my 45th birthday. I am also working on toning up what I can and possibly lose a bit more.
  • ramila12
    ramila12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 50 I have 50llbs to lose, just started on mfp. Nice to know a lot of you guys doing well.
  • mickiegaffke
    mickiegaffke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sjrs11 wrote: »
    I'm 56 lost 16 lbs and been looking to lose another 10 for the past year. Need an fitness buddy. I try to workout 3 times a week but need to motivate myself for another day. How are you at motivating?

Hi! I'm proudly 62 and walk 3 miles a day at work in my adult education classroom that I teach. I don't know how to add fitness buddies. I work out in the morning before work for 10 minutes. Wanna be fitness buds? Mickie
  • Kat4119
    Kat4119 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 48 and morbidly obese. I'm back on and counting calories, sugar is the devil and I had a two day affair prior to restarting my weight loss plan. My knees are shot and I am in pain and really need to stick with this.
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Kat4119 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 48 and morbidly obese. I'm back on and counting calories, sugar is the devil and I had a two day affair prior to restarting my weight loss plan. My knees are shot and I am in pain and really need to stick with this.

Hey, you got this! Baby steps right? One or two off days isn't the end of the world. The trick is consistency. Remember, you're not dieting, you're making a life style change.

Good luck!
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    58 here..started on March 1st 2016..Have lost 70+ pounds so far (lost 80+ but put a few back on during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year (damn you Turkey, Christmas Cookies and Beer!)