Do you love your job?

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    who has time to work when there is MFP!

Good point. I wonder about this.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    I really like my job. My mom put me on the waiting list for the college program when I was a senior in high school and I never came up with any other ideas so I went through with it and am so glad that I did!! The only other thing I now think I would probably like is personal trainer or something in fitness but I think I make more money with my current job then I ever would doing that and I don't need a 4 year degree.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    To those that say they "love" their jobs I have a question. If you were to hit the lottery and won millions and millions of dollars, would you keep it?

I have known the people at my work for 2+ decades. Before I moved here, I worked for a subsidiary of this company for 5 years.. so up and leave, not right away..

But yes winning the lottery changes everything.. why wouldn't it?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    who has time to work when there is MFP!

This is one of the things I love about my job, I get paid, quite well I will add, to MFP and dik around most of the day plus still get my work done accurately.
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    No. I don't. I have worked for the same company for 30+ years. So I have known people for a long time. That part is really nice - even in a huge company (100,000+ employees). Security and the company is dedicated to making people's lives better. That is something to feel good about.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    To those that say they "love" their jobs I have a question. If you were to hit the lottery and won millions and millions of dollars, would you keep it?

No one loves there job that much and if they do, a trip to the psychiatrist might be necessary
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    I used to love my job, but it's gotten increasingly more corporate since I've started. It's fine, and there are moments that are wonderful, but I don't have the zeal for it I did when I first started. I do appreciate the pay, the benefits, the easy hours, and how well I get along with my coworkers.

If I won the lottery, I'd quit in a heartbeat. I'd really love to split my days between volunteering with a women's advocacy or microfinance group and doing lighting for community theater, and being independently wealthy would let me pursue those things while still funding my lifestyle.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I absolutely love my job!

What do you do (If I'm allowed to ask)?

Child Psychology

What do you really mean by that?

I work with children and teens of varying problems, to find solutions or coping mechanisms to said problems.

I used to have a job like that.

It was called: jail

Their coping mechanisims were .... flawed.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member

I'm not sure if I'd keep doing it at this level but I would definitely put a lot of money into the public health field and probably do something at more of an international level so I could keep traveling.
  • wardamnirish056
    wardamnirish056 Posts: 119 Member
    I used to love it, but it's become intolerable. I'm looking for a new job.
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    I can honestly say the only thing I like about my job is that it is so boring I can get on MFP and have everyone entertain me. The only other positive, is I'm able to warn young people to NOT go into my field (Finance).

I am trying desperately to go into a different field, but with 20 years in the industry it's hard to change to a position that pays as well. Not that I'm driving home a Wells Fargo truck, but it is fair!

They say to find something your passionate about and you will never work a day in your life. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    I really liked my last job (retail at a small plus size retailer). It was very hard on my knee though, the pay was barely above minimium wage, and a good week had me work 12 hours.

Right now I'm not working and don't know what to do. I used to be a Linux sysadmin, which was fun, but that was a lifetime ago. No way I could get hired for that now, experience is too old. Gotta keep up to date in IT.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I work in technology and education and do athletic training and tennis performance for youth on the side. I LOVE both.
  • Wiggymommy
    Wiggymommy Posts: 106 Member
    I love my job. It's hard but I need to be challenged.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    I love my job!
    If I won the lottery I would probably keep doing it, but maybe cut down to part-time so I would have more time with my kiddos and to volunteer.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I absolutely love my job!

What do you do (If I'm allowed to ask)?

Child Psychology

What do you really mean by that?

I work with children and teens of varying problems, to find solutions or coping mechanisms to said problems.

I used to have a job like that.

It was called: jail

Their coping mechanisims were .... flawed.

My goal is to prevent them from ending up there....or worse.

I wish more people thought like you.

It was tough to see a 14 year old kid in jail.

and his brother was there too

and his dad was in the state pen and his mom was on parole

wish I was kidding...
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    I love the industry I work in - automotive. I like my job as a service manager at a car dealership but it's not nearly challenging enough.