TEAM TWO

Replies

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Soulfood77 wrote: »
    I may try to do it at the zoo where I work as I get off early tomorrow and then there are at least buildings I can pop into to warm up when needed. Lol just terrible weather timing. But I guess it is a winter amazing race so I better suck it up and hope I don't fall on an icy sidewalk!!

Shanna - please be careful. There is nothing worth injuring yourself. If you can get the challenge done, great, but if you can't, you can't. We'll just have to dig in and try to make up the 10 points in bonus miles! It'd be great if every one of us could get all 25 points every week, but sometimes that might not be possible. Everyone just has to do their best.

• lbenson2006
    I didn't start the day off well because I chose to go back to bed instead of get up and work out. I had a pretty bad day yesterday at work, got home a little after 8, ate dinner at 8:30 and was in bed by a little after 9. Ended up waking up around 3 to go pee, went back to bed, and could not get back to sleep because I had horrible heartburn. :( I should hopefully be able to go to the gym at lunch today though. Have a happy hump day.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    I have been up since 3am today too!! It will be an interesting day!!! :p I didn't have heartburn, I had annoying dogs that woke me!!! :|
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Ugggg you guys need some sleep!! I am usually an insomniac but I actually was just telling my co-worker that I hope I don't jinx it....but I've REALLY been sleeping good this last week. Its a Miracle!!!! :D@Joanna...my dogs wake me up a couple times a night and too often I can't fall back to sleep...love those babies...but Seriously??!! :p

@Leslie...thanks on the video - I will try again this evening to see if I can link to it. I try and do the videos at my office before I got to the gym...if my boss leaves early enough it really works out well!!

@shanna...#1 - I'm glad you sound like you are finally feeling better!!!
    and #2...yeah...don't hurt yourself!! Not worth it! So don't stress over it!! We'll get the miles for sure! This is a STRONG TEAM!!!! Butttt if you get a chance...I can't think of a more fun place to get in miles than the zoo!! Even if you do work there! Think of the animals cheering you on :)
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited February 2017
    Happy hump day
    I have been feeling a little under the weather this week so not able to get in my normal exercise routine have had to rely on my yoga and stretching routines instead . Hope everyone has a great rest of the week
    Did finish the videos while on the down and am did manage to get in my 5k in small incriminates today hopefully I'll feel better by the big game this weekend.. it seems I get sick every February
  • Sheri869
    ^^ I hope you feel better soon!

@Leslie - I did get the link to work for the 4th video. Thanks.
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 855 Member
    Day one under calories. Finally got rid of pounding headache and was able to get in some more minutes. Cold front coming through here in Wisconsin, will need to get tough and get out for that hike one of these evenings.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I have great weather all week for my hike, but my car is out of commission, so I have to wait for the husband's day off to use his vehicle. Sucks to be stuck at home when I could be on the trail getting some serious mileage.
  • Joanna2012B
    @llmg970 you need to focus on your fur baby!! We'll pick up the slack for you! I'm sure once you're able you'd do the same for all of us!!

@Sheri869 my doggies were kind to me and slept the whole night. I had a talk with them, maybe that helped :D !! I was a little delirious last night from lack of sleep so I'm sure I was a crazy person last night!!! LOL
  • Joanna2012B
    So I finished the videos. I couldn't get the 4th to play from the link so I went to you tube. I will NOT be doing the optional ones :D !!!

Day 3 yesterday under calories!! I have a super bowl party on Sunday that I am attending... I'm only going for the good so I need to be under today and tomorrow which I don't see being a problem!!

Happy Thursday all!!!
  • lbenson2006
    Happy Thursday!!
    So glad to hear Jaz is doing so well, Laura!! Take what time you need for her. That's the thing with team work. I had to rely on you guys helping with my lower numbers last week. This week's kind of transitional for me. I'm hoping to be able to start doing the gym at lunchtime. :)
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 459 Member
    I've been under my calorie goal all week. I've done all the videos except that problematic one. I'll get that in tonight as well as some of the optional ones.The 5k WILL wait until Sunday. High of 37 predicted iwill be a very pleasant walk during daylight hours. As opposed to walking in evening with a high of 21. I found that I simply can't do 100 minutes of intentional exercise per day, plus work more than full time and life and household tasks.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Happy Thursday Team 2!

@murdog3t I hope you feel better soon!
    @jenilla1 Sorry to hear about your car troubles. Have you ever done any Fitness Blender videos? They're my go-to when I'm stuck at the house.
    @llmg970 Glad the furbaby is recovering so well!
    @Joanna2012B Congrats on staying under. Enjoy that Super Bowl party!
    @Cindyk4919 I'm in the same boat as you today and tomorrow. Windy and cold. I wish I had been more mindful of the distance I walked during my work errands on Monday and Tuesday so I could count them for the 5K. I'm hoping the rain holds off until Sunday and I can log some miles on Saturday.

My knee is finally feeling better and I'll be going to the gym for this afternoon! Water aerobics last night really helped get some of the tightness out of it. I hope everyone has a great day!
  • Sheri869
    @Joanna :D I'm so glad that talking to did your dogs some good...I'll have to try that!!! lol!! Glad they let you sleep through the night!!

@Laura...I'm glad to hear you baby is doing pretty good after surgery! I hope she continues to heal up quick!!

Happy Pre -Superbowl!! Good Luck everyone who's watching with their food!! It's a challenging day for me and I'm staying home but we usually do superbowl snacks anyway...I'm gonna try and do some veggies at least give myself a good option! but I know that we'll have some of the yummy bad stuff too!

On the upside I have a fundraiser Zumba/mixxedfit thing I'm doing Saturday which will be 90 - 120 minutes of dancing so maybe I'll pre-work off some of that Superbowl food and drink and merriness!!

Happy Thursday!!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Hey team! Still here even though I haven't been saying much. Baby doesn't sleep during the days anymore so I can hardly get anything done. But at least he sleeps at night so I'm ok with that. Although there are times in the day I wish I could take a nap (like now) but can't. Oh well. That's motherhood for you.

I've been under calories all week which I knew I would be. Tomorrow is my cheat day however so I guarantee I will not be. But Saturday I'll be back on top of things.

Still haven't gotten the walking done yet. And it's a shame because the weather here is great. It's not even hot like I feared it would be. It's nice and cool but I can only walk for 10-20 mins at a time. I get bored I guess. Anyway, I WILL get it done. But maybe not until Saturday or Sunday.

You know it's funny, the last time I did this challenge I was in so much pain when I tried to walk outside because of the SPD and really wished I could. This time the pain is gone and I just don't want to. We can be so ungrateful sometimes. :p

Happy Thursday you all!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Sorry I have been quiet this week and slow on my mileage/exercise. I'm not feeling well but I'm trying to get some rest and hopefully I will be able to add some more time in this later part of the week.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    @jenilla1 Sorry to hear about your car troubles. Have you ever done any Fitness Blender videos? They're my go-to when I'm stuck at the house.

I'm having no problem getting to the gym at night after my husband gets home. My problem is that there's no car during the day so I can get out and get my outdoor hiking done! I don't live in a place where it's very fun to walk the streets. Pavement walking in my less-than-charming neighborhood demotivates the heck out of me. I like to drive about 8 miles into the hills and walk on beautiful trails there. But that's OK, because Friday and Saturday are his days off and we will get that hike done then! I just wanted to do more than the minimum this week because the weather is so nice, but it looks like I won't be able to this time around.

I will check out Fitness Blender, though, since you mentioned it. I've heard of it before, but haven't tried it. :)
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    Hey All!

Hope your week is going well. I had been doing little bouts of walking outside to try and get that 5k done and then finally bit the bullet tonight and did 3.5k all at once. That added with all the little bits before got me to 5km. Thank goodness for all the little bits though as even that 3.5k outside was a stretch. I am still thawing my legs lol. When I finished it was -15C (google says that is 5F) and the sun was only just going down. Will just be getting colder all night. But I am glad I finished it! Hoping to get a bit more exercise in tonight as I am behind in my other challenges and I would like to add a bit more to our total this week if possible.
  • lbenson2006
    Great job so far this week!! I was so excited when I checked the spreadsheet and everyone was logged through Wednesday!! That helps so much!! We're 70% there with many Thursday entries missing!

I ended up having to skip the gym yesterday because everything was crazy yet again. Had to skip this morning because I had to do paychecks for husband's company because I got home so late and was just too tired to do them last night. Anyways, I really hope I can get some time in at lunch today but that is a huge unknown at this point.

Happy Friday!!