When did you start to see a change?

2»

Replies

• smzande
    smzande Posts: 160 Member
    For me it was probably 30 lbs, or ~10% of my weight. Now at 20% gone, it's really noticeable.

I agree, for me about 30 lbs down is when people start to notice. Good luck!
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 176 Member
    I would never be able to tell without progress pictures and other people complimenting my loss. I just don't see the changes in my body like that.
  • kzooyogi
    kzooyogi Posts: 121 Member
    As others have said, experiences vary A LOT depending on each individual's story. The first time I came to MFP to lose weight, I ended up losing a total of 45 pounds and didn't notice a visible difference until I had lost about 20 (although my clothes were getting too big, fast!).

The second time around, I just needed to lean out a little bit. I was already very strong, just wanted to lose some body fat. I started seeing muscle definition showing through after only a loss of 3 pounds.

Either way, trust the scale and know that what you're doing is working. You might be the first person to visibly notice your weight loss, or you might be the last. Either way, you're doing it!
  • thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    I have noticed a difference and dropped a dress size..... 12lbs off
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Hi! I'm also about 7 pounds in...actually 8 now with the pound that was missing this morning. :) I would recommend measuring yourself every day. That way, you can see the changes before you can actually SEE them, if you know what I mean. The areas I measure are as follows: waist, underbust, bust, upper arm, upper hip (muffin top), hip (regular hip area), lower hip (around butt), thigh (just below butt), calf, and ankle. So far, I have lost a little bit everywhere, but mostly just a few inches in my muffin top, waist, and bust. My arms and calves haven't budged, nor has my butt. I also don't see much difference in my face yet either. One thing I did do a while back—because this isn't my first rodeo—was export all of my MFP data from over the years and made a chart that showed where my measurements were within each ten-pound weight range. I noticed that, for me, personally, the really dramatic transformation where I'm dropping sizes doesn't really occur until I get down around 150. (I'm 5'3", btw, and currently at 173. My goal weight is 140.) Hope that helps!
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Interested to know what others say because I have lost 32 pounds and don't see a difference but many of my clothes are now baggy
  • letme1
    letme1 Posts: 522 Member
    Down 8 lbs, and noticed with my belt,,, instead of just going to the first notch, now I have to go to the 2nd one.
  • Queenofthezoo
    Queenofthezoo Posts: 69 Member
    I am down 15 lbs since restarting in the beginning of January, and down 21 lbs since the week before Christmas.
    I can't tell at all. The first 10 I figured was water weight since it wasn't noticeable but now I have been a little discouraged. I had hoped that at least my pants would be looser. But I just keep talking my self that my body will catch up with the scale.
    I have heard as a general rule it takes about 6 weeks to see the difference on yourself and 3 months for others to notice. And that is how it was a few years ago when I did this.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    I am down 15 lbs since restarting in the beginning of January, and down 21 lbs since the week before Christmas.
    I can't tell at all. The first 10 I figured was water weight since it wasn't noticeable but now I have been a little discouraged. I had hoped that at least my pants would be looser. But I just keep talking my self that my body will catch up with the scale.
    I have heard as a general rule it takes about 6 weeks to see the difference on yourself and 3 months for others to notice. And that is how it was a few years ago when I did this.

Ima go ahead and disagree. Others noticed the difference LONG before i did. And iv heard that echoed alot. Likely because we see ourselves daily and others dont. Either way change is happening just roll with it ^_-
  • catgerm
    catgerm Posts: 44 Member
    I noticed a difference the first month. I think I lost about the same as you. I went down a size in pants and my parents commented that I looked "half my size." Maybe they were just being nice about it.

I try to take pics daily. With that, I've been able to see how clothes are very unflattering when they are too big. This may be why it's hard for some to see a big difference...just a thought...