Birthday Dinner

Options
Hi

I've finally gotten back on track this year and tracking everything but will be going out for dinner (stepfather's 65th birthday) next weekend so am trying to preplan. Problem is looking at the menu I have no clue which options are the most low cal.

Can anyone have a look and make an educated guess? I'm planning on upping my exercise that day so it's not too bad but figure if I plan early I won't make bad choices when we get there

Here is the online menu

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/53e3162fe4b0c15595882db3/t/5893a9eb579fb35d0283a207/1486072303281/dinner+summer+new+17.pdf

I'm in NZ so an entree is essentially a starter

Thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Pork belly & lamb rack for me please!

I eat 100-200 cals less Monday to Thursday so I can eat more affordable the weekend. 'Stockpile' some calories and enjoy yourself!
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    If you can cut back a bit on your calorie intake on the the days before and after.

I would go for the salmon, no dressing and the steak, no sauce, and desserts are not supposed to be healthy so enjoy.

At the end of the day, it's one day, order what you want and enjoy, you can get back to sticking to your goals the next day.

Have a great night x
  • oceandaisies
    oceandaisies Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    For lower calorie options:

Tiger prawns or the salmon entree for the starter, no sauce or sauce on the side
    The haduka is a white fish, it would be a lower calorie option for your main (and probably yummy!)
    For the side, I would go with salad, no dressing or on the side, maybe no nuts/cheese depending what it comes with
    I might not have dessert, unless there was a birthday cake and I would have a tiny piece

I honestly would eat less for the week ahead, each day 100-200 cals less and up my exercise for the day (or a few days) and then indulge and enjoy my dinner with whatever is your favorite. It all sounds yummy! I love seafood and fish and steak and lamb and pork belly so I would have trouble choosing!!

Enjoy the birthday dinner with your family!
  • jenbeck18
    jenbeck18 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I agree special occasions I try not to stress myself out about.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Personally I would get the lamb and creme brulee. Maybe not the lowest in calories, but definitely the maximum in taste. :)
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I suggest some bread for the table instead of starters, then you can just have one bit and some dukkah and eat it slowly.
    Then I'd probably order the chicken - because it sounds delicious - and ask for the sauce on the side. Then you can focus on the chicken meat and veggies and choose how much of the extras you eat (stuffing, sauce, potato).
    Or you could suss out how big the serves are, and maybe ask for the chicken tortellini as a main instead of entree. That's in a broth so it probably isn't too heavy.

And see if someone wants to share a dessert.

Enjoy!