Zero Carber-give me your meat!

Replies

• ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    ncahill77 wrote: »
    1ldngwmod5i2.jpg

Is this a monster cheeseburger...or a meatloaf?! Either way, YUM!
  • ncahill77
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    1ldngwmod5i2.jpg

Meatloaf, I rolled it up after the picture and forgot to take another!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    1ldngwmod5i2.jpg

That would have been easier than how I did mine.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member

I never would have thought to make a meatloaf by rolling it up. What a GREAT idea!
  • Kirstie155
    Day 28. 4 full weeks down! Feeling alright, but for me zc has certainly NOT been a miracle cure for all that ales me. I dropped a few pounds, but not 15, 20, 32! Like so many others said they did in this time frame. The bathroom issues were a *kitten*. My skin was terribly dry before zc, then got so much better, but has gotten super dry again. My sleep improved, then has reverted back again. My leg pain got better, I started working out again, leg pain is back.
    What does it all mean?

Continuing to eat zc 28 days is a small snapshot, and I don't feel deprived of anything. I eat steak 2x a week, hellz yeh! I do love being able to go a long time between meals. Not bloating rules!

Out to dinner tonight. Think he's taking me to one of those all you can eat Brazilian steakhouse restaurants!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    I haven't checked in for awhile so here goes...
    Day 25: Haven't had any problems eating meat and fat and no veggies, an occasional sideways look from my wife but nothing else. Have lost 8 lbs so far (seems kinda slow but any movement downward is a plus!). Did slip slightly yesterday (Superbowl Sunday) - had 1 bite of coleslaw and about a cup of field greens, but managed to ignore the chips, cookies and chocolate cake that were part of the feast offerings. Note to self - even with that small amount of veggies, I was gassy last night and hadn't been gassy since going ZC. Had a 6 month follow up with the Dr. this morning and we did labs, so I should know in a week or so how the ZC eating is affecting my blood panels. Hopefully the numbers will stay down like last July (when I was simply LCHF). Sleep is still good and energy levels are great, so keeping the fingers crossed for the lab results.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Do zero carbers still eat pickles? Pickle juice?
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    I don't personally, but I wasn't a big fan of pickles before I started ZC.
  • OMG mind is now blown. Did not know there was such thing as a zero carb diet. I suck at eating veggies anyway. I totally want to try this. Going to research more. You all are awesome!!!
  • ncahill77
    1ldngwmod5i2.jpg

I saw yours I really thought it was rolled up? Next time I'll definitely put it on wax paper to start the rolling process, getting that thing started wasn't fun.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    1ldngwmod5i2.jpg

I saw yours I really thought it was rolled up? Next time I'll definitely put it on wax paper to start the rolling process, getting that thing started wasn't fun.

Mine was rolled up.
    The thing that looked easier was laying the bacon inside before rolling. I cooked the bacon and chopped it up then worked it into the meat before spreading it out and adding the cheese and rolling. I could've skipped that extra work. Lol
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    1ldngwmod5i2.jpg

Mine was rolled up.
    The thing that looked easier was laying the bacon inside before rolling. I cooked the bacon and chopped it up then worked it into the meat before spreading it out and adding the cheese and rolling. I could've skipped that extra work. Lol

I would put the bacon on the outside like I do with a bacon explosion which is also wrapped. for this, I make a bacon weave like this:

h7j37m9hjwrk.jpg
    to make these:
    1aagw4ihiv8j.jpg
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    cstehansen wrote: »
    1ldngwmod5i2.jpg

Mine was rolled up.

I would put the bacon on the outside like I do with a bacon explosion which is also wrapped. for this, I make a bacon weave like this:

h7j37m9hjwrk.jpg
    to make these:
    1aagw4ihiv8j.jpg

That looks great!!!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Do zero carbers still eat pickles? Pickle juice?

Pickles aren't meat. So, most of us wouldn't eat them. The juice? I wouldn't normally consume it. I might use some to season something, but I don't think I have any in my house.
  • Kirstie155

h7j37m9hjwrk.jpg
    to make these:
    1aagw4ihiv8j.jpg

Is there a recipe for this, or should I just google bacon explosion? I would be afraid to set that baby on fire on the grill! Looks awesome, and I'll give it a try if the weather stays warm enough to grill! I do love pickles and used to drink the juice all the time, but havent since Ive gone zc. Unsure if I will add them back in.

Day 31, I made it! Feeling gross bc our weather has gone from freezing to 71 (!) degrees and back, and will do it again this weekend. Sore throat, trouble sleeping. The scale is climbing again, but my clothes feel a bit looser-last time the scale was climbing was when I wasnt feeling well, so maybe that is why. Not worried about it.

I navigated dinner out at a Brazilian steakhouse this weekend--just the meats, please! And my own super bowl at home (wings and steak bites.) I have lunch plans with a friend this week, and trying to figure out the best thing to eat that wont cost me $20 and have most of it thrown away. Ribeye steak, potatoes, green beans, salad: $20. :s Lots of sandwiches or burgers-throw the sides and bread away. Just such a waste of my money! There is one of those Peruvian chicken places nearby, maybe I'll suggest that. Much better use of my cash, plus I can get a whole chicken with no sides for about $15.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Is there a recipe for this, or should I just google bacon explosion? I would be afraid to set that baby on fire on the grill! Looks awesome, and I'll give it a try if the weather stays warm enough to grill! I do love pickles and used to drink the juice all the time, but havent since Ive gone zc. Unsure if I will add them back in.

Day 31, I made it! Feeling gross bc our weather has gone from freezing to 71 (!) degrees and back, and will do it again this weekend. Sore throat, trouble sleeping. The scale is climbing again, but my clothes feel a bit looser-last time the scale was climbing was when I wasnt feeling well, so maybe that is why. Not worried about it.

I navigated dinner out at a Brazilian steakhouse this weekend--just the meats, please! And my own super bowl at home (wings and steak bites.) I have lunch plans with a friend this week, and trying to figure out the best thing to eat that wont cost me $20 and have most of it thrown away. Ribeye steak, potatoes, green beans, salad: $20. :s Lots of sandwiches or burgers-throw the sides and bread away. Just such a waste of my money! There is one of those Peruvian chicken places nearby, maybe I'll suggest that. Much better use of my cash, plus I can get a whole chicken with no sides for about $15.

Most places can do meat ala carte or will allow you to swap out sides, etc. A burger place where you can get a double or triple patty is awesome - some places just have a fee for the first "burger" then an add on for each extra patty. A barbecue place is a good choice, too, because you can often buy meat by the pound.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member

h7j37m9hjwrk.jpg
    to make these:
    1aagw4ihiv8j.jpg

You can google it, but most of what you will find ruin it by adding bbq sauce which is totally not needed. It is really simple. Here another in between pic to show how it is made before rolling it up:
    7ct71g4v47da.jpg

I just use the bacon on the outside, ground sausage smashed on it. Inside, I add some chili powder and diced jalapeño and one other item. For this one, I diced up a hot link. Sometimes, I will cook up and crumble bacon. A couple of times I have added pepper jack cheese. It is really up to you.

After it is rolled up, it goes on the smoker at about 225 degrees for 3 1/2 hours. If you don't have a smoker, you can do this on a grill by placing it off-set, meaning put all the charcoal on one side and put this on the other side. If you go to bbqpitboys.com, they use this technique quite often and you can watch some of their videos.

That is a good site for other ideas also like bacon crusted ribs:

uojtksr4vnwe.jpg

and beer can bacon burgers:

tcxup71o3yvn.jpg
  • Kirstie155
    Drooling over those bacon crusted ribs, omg! :p
  • ncahill77
    tqgjq8n1jqg3.jpg

This one is a mini meatloaf stuffed with goat cheese, jalapeno and spinach I'm having for lunch. It's good but I don't think it can compare to what I'm seeing above me!