The grossest products you've tried

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Of course taste is a good reason to dislike one, and prefer the other. :)

good points. i'll just stick to the spackle factor, i guess.
  • The blueberry-flavored "No Cow" protein bar. I couldn't even finish it, one bite was enough.

Coconut water. It tasted how I imagine a mixture of sweat and vomit would taste.

Yep. Coconut water is one of the foulest things I have ever tasted!

• CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    I haven't tried many diet foods, so I'm drawing from a small group of items, but I tried Halo Top for the first time a couple of weeks ago and found it inedible. I feel so betrayed, MFP Forum. ;)

You're not alone. It's on my list of grossest things.

• Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Spirulina powder in my green smoothies. Makes everything taste like mud. Yum.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    myprotein whey isolate, cookies and cream flavor. Loved the chocolate & peanut butter one but this one tasted like medicine.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Coconut water, shirataki, most protein powders, seaweed snacks, soy cheese & seitan (did not know what I was eating, lol), sugar free Swiss Miss, and Trop Light (just add water to a splash of juice and pay 5$!).
  • TishaGettinFit
    TishaGettinFit Posts: 77 Member
    :s
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    PB2 or any 'fake' peanut butter - I almost threw up in the sink :(
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 830 Member
    Most of the MaxiNutrition bars are absolutely disgusting
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I love various water flavorings, but I bought a Great Value one that had electrolytes-tasted like straight salt.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Udi's gluten-free frozen burritos. The wrap just melts away in a disgusting goo.
    Some protein bar with crazy protein grams that used seaweed as a base - I can't get the taste out of my mind :-(
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    CMNVA wrote: »
    I haven't tried many diet foods, so I'm drawing from a small group of items, but I tried Halo Top for the first time a couple of weeks ago and found it inedible. I feel so betrayed, MFP Forum. ;)

You're not alone. It's on my list of grossest things.

I tried Halo Top Cookies/Cream and it tasted like chemicals. Maybe other flavors are good, but not that one. I'll stick to a tiny bit of the real thing.
  • harmonycupcake
    harmonycupcake Posts: 5 Member
    LaCroix
    EVERY quest bar
    Lärabar
    Ideal salted caramel meal replacement shake

• cjohnsonss
    cjohnsonss Posts: 49 Member
    edited February 2017
    Mr. Hyde preworkout. *kitten* killed my stomach.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    GaryRuns wrote: »
    They've probably improved since I tried them more than a decade ago, but PowerBars used to be the worst. Here's a copy of a popular top ten list for them back in the day. Thank goodness for Clif.

Top ten ways to tell a PowerBar from a dog turd:
    1. Power Bars cost $1.69. Dog turds are free.
    2. Power Bars have shiny wrappers. Dog turds don't.
    3. A fly will eat a dog turd. I've never seen a fly eat a Power Bar.
    4. Dog turds get slippery when wet.
    5. Power Bars come in 5 delicious flavors. Dog turds only come in 1.
    6. Power Bars hold their shape in a jersey pocket much better than dog turds.
    7. Dog turds won't damage a lawn mower blade. The jury is still out on Power Bars.
    8. You won't find a Power Bar sitting on the ground in the park.
    9. Dog turds are made of naturally occurring substances.
    10. Dog turds are biodegradeable.
    I tried a bar from their Clean Whey line recently. They seem like a decent product if you like Quest bars.

• scr183
    scr183 Posts: 49 Member
    Birthday cake Combat Crunch protein bars. Ugh. I gagged on the first bite, and threw it away.

I had this exact experience this morning. I was disappointed - I've liked several of their other flavors really well and was excited when I stumbled across this one. Nope. Nope, nope, nope.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    cordney wrote: »
    Coconut water yuck! I'm pretty sure it's just ball sweat.

Yum!! I enjoy coconut water.