TEAM TWO

Replies

• jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    @llmg970 Hey I hope you feel better soon! <hugs>
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 855 Member
    @llmg970 take care of yourself. @Soulfood77 I heard that snow is coming my way. @lbenson2006 I need to recalculate my calories as well. I'm in maintenance mode now and have not been calculating in my exercise calorie expenditure. Today should be no problem with 125 min of exercise so far.
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 460 Member
    It seems like we have a quite a few of Team2 beat members that are sick right now. Here's hoping for recovery and health and energy flowing your way. At grave risk of jinxing myself- I have been putting ginger and lemon in my water and teas all winter...so far... so good :smile:
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 460 Member
    Well I really need to learn TO READ AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS - I reread the step challenge AFTER doing 74 flights (of 18 steps). UP AND DOWN. I ONLY COUNTED THE UP. Oh well extra minutes for me AND TEAM2BEAT. What a workout! I think I'll have some frozen yogurt now.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Just getting home and went to come in here to catch up...9 new posts on our thread alone!! Great communication guys!
    Tameika - thanks, hadn't notice...message sent to mission enforcer! Great motivator seeing your commitment to all this! Good job so far and here's to meeting your February goals!
    Laura - please take it easy and recuperate before you get back at it. Work on getting healthy for the next several weeks! There's still several to go so definitely don't want you pushing and being down for the count!!
    Kim - I look forward to being able to change my calories goals. I have always netted off my exercise but I also do it in a weird way...lol. I use my fitness tracker to get my expenditure but then only log half of that. So far it seems to work. Not sure how maintenance mode will go, I'm guessing it will be a learning curve.
    Cindy - bonus steps!! Woohoo! Yes, it is very important to read the challenges very carefully. They have structured the steps challenge in the past where it was only up that counted. I definitely prefer it this way!! Lol
    Managed to stay under goal today!! Woohoo!! Sometimes it seems that it's all about getting your mind on board. :) Off to bed soon, hoping I can still get up early to workout. 4:30 will be here way too quick. :(
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    I love doing stairs!!!! I can't wait to do them!!! Much better than dancing :D
  • lbenson2006
    edited February 2017
    I like the stairs challenge also. I've gotten to where it's my routine now to take the stairs at work. I'm only on the 2nd floor but each way is 27 steps. To have made that part of my daily routine was a huge success in my book!

Slept in today. :'( Was just too tired. Sorry. Really wanted to get a lot of 2x per days in this week. Lol
  • jamaicanlady
    Tameika - thanks, hadn't notice...message sent to mission enforcer! Great motivator seeing your commitment to all this! Good job so far and here's to meeting your February goals!

Thank you!!

So I've finished both the stairs challenge and the Fitness Blender challenge. I loved them both. Did 62 floors yesterday on the Stairmaster + 69 today for a total of 131 floors = 1572 steps/stairs. I did the balance video yesterday and again today and I must say, today was definitely easier. I still can't quite hold my balance during the one where you move your head up and down though, it's much harder than it looks. I will definitely keep this video in my rotation to continue to improve on my balance.

Under calories yesterday and more than likely will be for the rest of the week except my cheat day Friday where I purposely eat above my calorie allotment.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    At the blood donors clinic so no more minutes fr m me today!!! :)
  • energyseeker
    Fitness blenders times 2 done, I have such poor balance. AT 829 Steps so far. Doing well with calories.
  • lbenson2006
    At the blood donors clinic so no more minutes fr m me today!!! :)

Woohoo! Yeah, Joanna! Love that you do this!!
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    edited February 2017
    My work has stairs that lead up to the kitchen (with the water cooler) and bathrooms so I get lots of flights in throughout the day. I also walk my errands and that often puts me in a position to take lots of stairs. I don't really look at it as exercise, per se, just another part of this new healthy lifestyle, so I'm not sure how to equate that to minutes/miles throughout the day. Any suggestions?
  • RandiNoelle
    I should add that I'm keeping track of the number of stairs.
  • lbenson2006
    I don't live somewhere where you can do a lot of walking for your errands. I would say for the work time stuff that that would not count. Regarding the stairs, I only count time spent on them if I am specifically making an exercise out of it. Any stairs I get in at work, I only count towards the steps challenge and not towards the minutes/ miles. I'd like to hear other team members opinions on the errand walking. I am thinking if you had a way to track your time spent actively walking to and from, that it should count.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I don't live somewhere where you can do a lot of walking for your errands. I would say for the work time stuff that that would not count. Regarding the stairs, I only count time spent on them if I am specifically making an exercise out of it. Any stairs I get in at work, I only count towards the steps challenge and not towards the minutes/ miles. I'd like to hear other team members opinions on the errand walking. I am thinking if you had a way to track your time spent actively walking to and from, that it should count.

Since you asked, here's the way I see it for my own self: I only count things as exercise if one of the primary functions of it is purposeful exercise to benefit my fitness. For example, I don't count walking around while shopping or doing chores as exercise minutes. Some other people do. (Don't know if that's right or wrong or just a personal preference thing?) But I do count walking my dog as exercise, because I am moving at a brisk, sustained pace.

I wouldn't count walking around while at work as exercise either. That's just more like part of one's daily activity to me. If I was devoting an extended period of time and effort to taking the stairs purposefully as exercise, I'd count that as exercise. But I wouldn't count taking intermittent flights of stairs at work as minutes or mileage toward purposeful exercise. I would, however, have no problem adding the number of stairs to the total needed for the purposes of the challenge.

I guess it would all depend on how fast and furiously you are walking those errands, whether the activity is sustained and getting the heart rate up, and how often and how many flights of stairs you are taking whether it should also count as mileage. If you feel like you are doing a legitimate workout and you can track it, go for it. I'm cool with whatever you guys think. B)
  • energyseeker
    @jenilla1 I track my exercise minutes as you describe, that's how I read the rules as well. I'd track the steps for the challenge.
  • lbenson2006
    Was able to get in fitness blender video for the 2nd time and finished my stairs. Woohoo!! Feels like a good day already!! :p
  • jamaicanlady
    I agree with @jenilla1.
  • RandiNoelle
    Awesome! Thanks for the feedback! @jenilla1 that's how I look at it, as well! :smiley: