February 9 sign-in

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    After posting the Anytime Fitness logo, I started thinking about 'vintage health and fitness' concepts. Here is a fun old poster that actually is a very good reminder about posture. I am 66 and I find that when I am not consciously thinking about my posture, I slouch forward. I have to remind myself to straighten up and stretch back my shoulders. We were designed to look straight ahead and walk gracefully balanced. Enjoy your day!!
    Rick
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    We are getting a new gym in our town. The downfall is there is no parking. None zilch they are taking over an old church in the village. I don't mind going to a gym but I don't want to be hiking down some dark street to my car. I don't know if it would be one I would consider.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    I just finished a 5 week Core 101 class that definitely brought the posture thing to light and to the forefront for me and it is REMARKABLE how horrible my posture can be because I don't brace my core...I also found that the hardest part for me is holding the brace in my core and breathing HA! It's amazing to me how thinking about this minute intensity while walking can be SO HARD! I keep thinking if someone were to come up to me while I am walking could they twist my core :grey_question:
  • NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    February 8
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

February 9
  • cdjackson568
    cdjackson568 Posts: 81 Member
    Exercise 30 min walk
    Calories yes
    Tracking yes
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    E-yes...Lift and 60 min walk
    C-yes
    T-yes
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Exercise? Yep, 5 o'clock class, even though I wanted to skip today.
    Calories/Tracking? Every bite! I only have 130 exercise calories left but I'm under!
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    deejkush wrote: »
    OK, I feel better today after some pretty low lows in the past few days. I stuck to a better eating day today. I'm already out of the running for February, but I plan to continue posting. Tomorrow, I plan to track, exercise and eat within the calories. Thank you, Rick, for your kind, gentle reminders.
    Great that you're staying with the logging- it's kept me out of trouble a few times already.

Exercise? yes- 30 min Jillian's Shred-it with Weights, tried level 2 today (ugh)
    Calories? within limit, and I may just go for a walk in a few to top things off
    Tracking? yes, even those chocolate covered pecans

• Chatiann
    Chatiann Posts: 13 Member
    I did well with under the calorie limit but I didn't track everything as I should, I think for myself tracking it later in the evening doesn't count as it doesn't help at the time. So today is my first pass!
    Wow lovesretirement do you know how to plan ahead! That's awesome!
  • RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    Hello, all! Exercised (a little weight-training and a 1-mile walk), tracked it all, and stayed under. :)
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    I always have to remind me to straighten my posture too. It irritates me to see people slouched over haha.

@lovesretirement Congratulations on the pending grandchild!!

Exercise? 35 minutes of strength training and a 30 minute run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • debmacke
    debmacke Posts: 14 Member
    Feb 8
    Exercise? Yes, 25 minutes of strength training and yoga on Wii fit plus
    Calories? Yes
    Track? Yes

Feb 9
    Exercise? Yes, 20 minute core workout
    Calories? Yes
    Track? Yes
  • RangerRickL
    I had lots of exercise today. Worked out with a trainer so I could learn more about how to properly use TRX straps. 45 minutes of beyond usual stretch and strength. Yikes!
    120 minutes of strolling at the Phoenix Wildlife Park in Glendale, AZ
    Calories: under limit
    Tracking: good
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    3 Yes, 30 minutes walking!