I'm so excited! Date night Saturday!

So, Valentine's day is coming up and since I'm not going to be able to take the day off of work, we're celebrating early! He has no idea what I've planned, it's all a huge surprise! And I can't wait! I seriously am going all out on this date.

I bought him one of those huge novelty cards. It's massive and says something cheesy on it and inside I was all, "my love for you doesn't know the meaning of over-excessive." Then I got him 3 bags of dark chocolate. All his favorite flavors in his favorite brand. And I'm getting him flowers. Because men need flowers, too.
I bought tickets for a dine-in theater (gonna see Star Wars, he hasn't gotten to yet) BUT instead of eating theater food, I'm going to magic some Chipotle out of my purse! SURPRISE, ALEX IT'S YOUR FAVORITE THING!
THEN, when we get home, he'll get to open the presents that are wrapped in the fridge. It's chocolate wine and cake. We'll enjoy those treats and watch the new Steven Universe together. <3<3<3

I'm dying. I'm so excited. I've wanted to brag about this all day. I'm so glad I have work tomorrow because I'd be super jittery at home waiting. Waiting. Waiting for Saturday.

OMG. EXCITED.

Replies

• LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    How nice! I hope both of you have alot of fun. :)
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Aww
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    That's odd, only have my message came through. I was saying that you are too sweet, and he's lucky to have you. I hope you have a wonderful evening. By the way my boyfriend is huge Star Wars fan too, I'm still trying to figure out what to do for him.
  • Bucknutz247
    Bucknutz247 Posts: 224 Member
    He is a very lucky guy
  • OlySteve68
    OlySteve68 Posts: 413 Member
    Sounds awesome! Hoping you guys have a great night!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Awww...you're sweet. Hope you enjoy it to the fullest.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    You're so cute! Enjoy the your date night and the extra romance :blush:

17 years married here with 2 kids and all the trimmings and I'm guilty of taking it for granted. I've never been the grand gesture type. I actually forgot our anniversary once :flushed: But I love him and I'm one lucky girl to have him.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »

17 years married here with 2 kids and all the trimmings and I'm guilty of taking it for granted. I've never been the grand gesture type. I actually forgot our anniversary once :flushed: But I love him and I'm one lucky girl to have him.

How could anyone forget an anniversary?

Ours is Janua........ Ut Oh.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    138shades wrote: »
    where's the hardcore kinky sex?

I'm assuming that goes without saying.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »

How could anyone forget an anniversary?

Ours is Janua........ Ut Oh.

:smiley: Personally I think he's glad I did. He's got a permanent get out of jail free card and he knows it!
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 176 Member
    Thanks everyone! We haven't had a good date night in months. But my grandma offered to watch the babe so that means a free night for us!
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    I forget my own birthday until someone says happy birthday then I'm like. Oh yeah
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Mrs. done told me the rules for V-day. "Yellow gold".
  • Momtafo
    Momtafo Posts: 48 Member
    Omg! That sounds awesome! I'm excited for you! :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Mrs. done told me the rules for V-day. "Yellow gold".

Rules?

Dang.

..... I'm lucky, my wife views valentine's day as just another day on the calendar.

We don't do cards, gifts or anything else special.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    This is probably why I hate valentines day, No one in all my life has ever done something this nice for me on V-Day
    Its always up to me to make the plans, and heaven forbid if its not good enough.