Is there anyone else here who can eat a whole loaf of bread?

I can avoid the chocolate, but yesterday I brought a lovely loaf of seeded high protein bread. I had apprehensions about getting it because I have previously found I can't resist it, ridiculous as it sounds, it's so healthy. This morning, it's all gone! I had no sleep yesterday due to a young child being awake all night. I brought the bread with the best of intentions but I have three slices then want more! The whole thing has gone. In my massive tummy hashtag greed.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I could if I didn't stop myself.

Part of it is that when I buy a fresh loaf of amazing bread, I want to eat it fresh. It loses so much of the appeal when it has been frozen, or when it's dry.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 443 Member
    surreychic wrote: »
    I can avoid the chocolate, but yesterday I brought a lovely loaf of seeded high protein bread. I had apprehensions about getting it because I have previously found I can't resist it, ridiculous as it sounds, it's so healthy. This morning, it's all gone! I had no sleep yesterday due to a young child being awake all night. I brought the bread with the best of intentions but I have three slices then want more! The whole thing has gone. In my massive tummy hashtag greed.

Frsh bread, some butter, easily.

Standard store bought bread, as toast, easily.

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    something that works for me with food that I binge on - take the large bag and divide it up into the individual servings - 1/2 slices, then hide the rest - if you only see the 2 slices, you may not binge as much
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Bread was my biggest weakness. I couldn't just have 2 or 3 slices I had to have 6 or 8.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Fresh baked tiger loaf with butter - yes!
    White well done hot toast with butter and seedless strawberry jam - yes!

Now I'm hungry... :D
  • surreychic
    surreychic Posts: 117 Member
    Thanks Julie. You are so right identifying that actually foods I can avoid on an every ay basis or eat in moderation, when I reflect, if I have had no sleep, I will overeat on... such as: Chocolate powder and bread! Bizarre but true.

Deannalfisher thank you. Slleask yes best not think about fresh tiger bread too much..!

Jeffrey, Cm_73 and Sam thank you for sharing. My friends all day but it's healthy just have two slices... oh dear.

Mach I'm really learning that about myself, I try to be normal and buy what others by, but I'm very unique on what I overeat on. I don't bineg on ice cream but comfort carbs when I'm exhausted (night shift with child) or boredom at working at home... I have tried and tried again and again but I can't keep large supplies of certain foods in the house.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Yes, I could, but I don't...............anymore. but then, I could eat too much of everything I like, that was the problem.
    Since 1/1/17 I am learning moderation of all food, and portion control. Hopefully on the way to my weight loss goal and being able to maintain a normal weight.
  • Celestee_k
    Celestee_k Posts: 1 Member
    Oh bread! Yes I guess I can, but I definitely trying to al least choose the whole wheat kind XD, but I get you and you know once in a while we totally deserve a treat.. listen to your cravings :)
  • surreychic
    kandisn7 wrote: »
    Having a baby up all night, it is crazy. During our sleep deprived raising babies stage, i certainly had my own scavenging the kitchen nights. Sometimes, just do what you must to survive it and move on the next day. Don't feel guilty, you're a good mommy! Tomorrow is a new day.

great support, thank you x
  • surreychic
    Yes, I could, but I don't...............anymore. but then, I could eat too much of everything I like, that was the problem.
    Since 1/1/17 I am learning moderation of all food, and portion control. Hopefully on the way to my weight loss goal and being able to maintain a normal weight.

oh it's nice to know i'm not alone, thank you for replying! and well done...
  • surreychic
    JennyRATL wrote: »
    I"m convinced heaven is just unlimited warm French bread with butter, cheese and wine!

and some dark chocolate too? maybe a sea of it... not in heaven am on earth, trying to get my brain to compute!
  • surreychic
    Celestee_k wrote: »
    Oh bread! Yes I guess I can, but I definitely trying to al least choose the whole wheat kind XD, but I get you and you know once in a while we totally deserve a treat.. listen to your cravings :)

I listened to the craving, unfortunately it lasted all morning and I succumbed ... over two thousand kcal in one sitting, gulp. oh well onwards and upwards....
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    oh, loads of it! my personal fave is the Lady Godiva Dark Sea Salt. Have one block, sometimes two, every day!
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I can easily consume a whole pack of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls or a good Sourdough Baguette. Therefore, I don't buy these items. But occasionally my mom does and I have no self control.
  • ticiaelizabeth
    ticiaelizabeth Posts: 139 Member
    THIS! RIGHT HERE! Is why i NEVER buy bread. It's my kryptonite