Halo Top, Arctic Zero, etc.

Replies

• RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Halo Top and Enlightened are the best, in my opinion. I'm slowly(ish) making my way though each flavor.

I tried Arctic Zero a couple years ago. Salted Caramel, my weakness. It was glorified brown water. Ick!
  • wifeoferp
    wifeoferp Posts: 86 Member
    I've had several Halo Top flavors and been disappointed in all of them. They have a very chemical aftertaste. I'd rather eat ice cream less often but indulge in the real thing. Plus, the mix-ins hardly exist. The mint chocolate chip pint I bought had about five minuscule chocolate chips.
  • cloverdaisy
    cloverdaisy Posts: 64 Member
    I don't mind Arctic Zero at all. I actually LOVE the maple vanilla flavor. To me personally it's perfect. Halo Top is too sweet for me. :blush:
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Halo Top is good.

Arctic Zero needs a lot of additions to not taste like sad ice milk.

THAT'S what the AZ tastes like! I had a box of their chocolate covered ice cream on a stick, and I couldn't figure out why it tasted like nostalgia. My grandma used to give us ice milk pops...
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Halo Top is good.

Arctic Zero needs a lot of additions to not taste like sad ice milk.

THAT'S what the AZ tastes like! I had a box of their chocolate covered ice cream on a stick, and I couldn't figure out why it tasted like nostalgia. My grandma used to give us ice milk pops...

My grandfather was diabetic and ALWAYS had ice milk in his freezer. Usually had fur on it because it was so disgusting he wouldn't even eat it. :D
  • Bailey92010
    Bailey92010 Posts: 2 Member
    Halo top mocha chunk is amazing!! I don't buy it very often just on sale when it's $4
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    I'm okay with AZ, but prefer Halo Top.... Fairly simple person with my favorite being Halo Top Vanilla Bean with a nuked cinnamon apple on top. Yum.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    I've only had birthday cake Halo Top but found it enjoyable.

Arctic Zero... I tried them before the packaging rebranding and couldn't force myself to stomach them. I've tried five different newer pints and can say:
    -Don't bother with the creamy pints. They're all crap.
    -Same with most of the chunky. Cookie dough is okay if I really want volume, have cash to burn, and don't feel like driving to a place with Halo Top.
    -The only flavor that was worth anything was A Little Chippy. The biggest difference between this and other pints is that the base has an actual vanilla flavor. I picked up a pint a while back at the 99 Cent Store and bought all pints I could find in my next visits.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    I love Halo Top. Arctic Zero, on the other hand, tastes like it's made with the tears of human sadness.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    I'm thinking now that I might have to stop by Whole Foods on my way home and grab a pint of Halo Top or Arctic Zero...
  • rachellech
    rachellech Posts: 40 Member
    Cake Batter Artic Zero is yummy and only 35 calories per serving. I add some walnuts, dark chocolate chips, and fat free whipped cream (high carb day I add 1/2 a banana for a sundae look). Sometimes I add a little bit of Blood Orange Olive Oil..shocking but it makes it taste like creamsicle...mmmmm. Can't say enough...I make room in my diet for this ice cream treat every day and it doesn't mess up my macro.
  • rachellech
    rachellech Posts: 40 Member
    Artic Zero cool mint chip, snickerdoodle, and cookie dough flavors are yummy too but they are 75 calories per serving, whereas I can have more of the cake batter flavor at 35 calories per serving....mmmm! Personal preference - I'm not a fan of the other flavors...I wish they made the butter pecan flavor taste better...missed opportunity on that one. Enlightened ice cream are amazing (bars and pints) but they have more calories and fat...but great cheat/treat items for sure.
  • Anonymous_fiend
    Anonymous_fiend Posts: 196 Member
    edited February 2017
    For the price arctic zero is very disappointing. The taste/texture is off and tastes super diety. Ive never tried halo top but will give it a shot after these reviews. My personal favorite at slightly higher calories and around 4.5$ per pint/box is Greek frozen yogurt. High in protein and calcium with probiotics and around 100 calories. Tastes "real" too lol.

Edit: yeah enlightened are a personal favorite of mine :)
  • TMW2119
    TMW2119 Posts: 178 Member
    We love Halo Top, but we thought Artic Zero tasted like disappointment. The lemon cake halo top doesn't taste very lemony to me. It just tasted like vanilla icecream. Oatmeal cookie is my favorite and I loved their mint chocolate chip even though I don't like mint chocolate chip icecream.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    I am currently eating Arctic Zero in Cookie Shake flavor. For 150 calories a pint I give it an A+
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I'm dying to try Halo top, but at $12 a pint (Australia) i just cant bring myself to buy it. That would be $6 per bowl :noway:
  • thumbingmyway524
    thumbingmyway524 Posts: 32 Member
    Halo top is delicious but destroys my tummy (I'm lactose intolerant) and arctic zero is really quite good! I go through soooo many pints of both. My body is happy, my wallet is not.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I'm dying to try Halo top, but at $12 a pint (Australia) i just cant bring myself to buy it. That would be $6 per bowl :noway:

12 dollars per bowl, for me lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Haha Go you good thing :lol::+1:

You'd have to take a second job if you lived over here :wink:

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Haha Go you good thing :lol::+1:

You'd have to take a second job if you lived over here :wink:

Well I actually ate two pints tonight so I might have to here as well.