Breakfast help with no prep time tips please.

So during the work week i dont have the time to cook breakfast, my go to is a nutirigrain bar, is there anything else out there thats a quick go to besides bars and friuts?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    Stuff that you make and divide up on Sunday--egg muffins, boiled eggs, cold chicken, cut up veggies, cottage cheese, etc.
  • deneenae
    deneenae Posts: 97 Member
    nuts. yogurt. Sometimes I make a breakfast muffins on the weekend and freeze them so I can grab it, heat it up in the microwave and spread a nut butter on it. I also pre-boil eggs on the weekend and during the week I eat it. Nutrigrain can have a lot of sugar ... protein bars (with fiber) might be better option if you're so crunched for time.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Sandwich? Yogurt? Cereal+milk?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    Stuff that you make and divide up on Sunday--egg muffins, boiled eggs, cold chicken, cut up veggies, cottage cheese, etc.

Another vote for prepping on Sundays. Or make something the night before.
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    Lolalikeslolagets Posts: 142 Member
    Usually takes me just a few minutes to fry up an egg, toast a slice of bread and spread on a little avocado.. it's pretty much the time it takes for my son to get his shoes and coat on, I wrap it in a napkin and we're out the door.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Yogurt. Boiled eggs.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    I know most people will hate on me for this but i have half a bagel with light garden vegetable cream cheese and a chunk of kolbassa for my breakfast before work. 175 calories total And ill bring a 140 calorie koshi granola bar to me with work for a morning sncak. I find carbs very satisfying, And the kolbassa has alot of protein so it gets me by :P
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    edited February 2017
    It takes no time to fry 2 eggs Btwn 2 slices of low cal bread ( I use little big bread 110 cals for 2 slices). That's usually breakfast for me ... maybe 5 mins if I wash the pan too
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I know most people will hate on me for this but i have half a bagel with light garden vegetable cream cheese and a chunk of kolbassa for my breakfast before work. 175 calories total And ill bring a 140 calorie koshi granola bar to me with work for a morning sncak. I find carbs very satisfying, And the kolbassa has alot of protein so it gets me by :P

Carbs, fat, protein, yumminess, what's to hate?
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    I don't hate you
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    So during the work week i dont have the time to cook breakfast, my go to is a nutirigrain bar, is there anything else out there thats a quick go to besides bars and friuts?

I have the same issue. On Sunday, I've been known to cook up a week's worth of oatmeal in my crock pot. Weekday morning, pop it into the microwave, add fruit and milk, and ready to eat!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Aw people still love me <3 i posted it somewhere once and got totally flammed for "wastin my calories on empty carbs that wont keep me full" im like i work a very active job and im never hungry at it with my bagel half and kolbassa thankyou dont tell me how i fell :p

kolbassa is a life saver honestly.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited February 2017
    Why would anyone hate you for this? I think it sounds like a great meal. :)
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    I really like the Fage brand individual serving Greek yogurts with fruit you can mix in. That plus a banana or some berries is a good mix of protein and fiber. Quick and easy too.

Also you could make hard boiled eggs ahead of time and have that plus some fruit.

I also like Thin Snackers rice cakes topped with cottage cheese. It takes a moment to construct and eat, but no cooking. Again I have this with some fruit.

You could make yourself a breakfast burrito the night before (tortilla, scrambled eggs, cheese, bell pepper or spinach) and have it all done and cooked and stick it in the fridge overnight- then just pop in the microwave for like 30 seconds in the morning.
  • annathebanana135
    annathebanana135 Posts: 17 Member
    I didnt mention this, but i work 2 jobs, sooo food prep is diffitcult cause i dont have much time
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Rolls with thinly sliced meat or fish and cheese, with a side of yogurt. This type of breakfast takes no real preparation and has been serving Europeans well for a very long time.
  • MissBecca145
    MissBecca145 Posts: 149 Member
    I'm in the eggs+decent carb category for breakfast but when really pressed (or in hot weather like at the moment) I'll down a protein smoothie.

Put stuff in a blender. Blend. Pour. Drink. Fill up blender with water to wash later. Maybe 3 minutes?
  • p6320
    p6320 Posts: 2 Member
    Scrambled eggs take 50 seconds in the microwave.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Soup, sandwich, leftovers - there is no rule that says you have to eat cereal or toast in the morning.
    Think about what you like to eat, plan ahead and get it ready to go in the morning.

I've been having smoothies lately (great when it's a hot morning) - I get it ready the night before (takes about 2 minutes) and whack it on the blender in the morning (less than a minute). My current favourite is made up of rolled oats, milk and coffee (in the blender bottle in the fridge the night before so the oats soften) with a bit of banana and some walnuts all blended together in the morning.
    Then I take a peanut butter sandwich to have late morning, and leftovers for lunch in the afternoon. Quick and easy.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    im not a big breakfast person.

coffee. lots of coffee.

i have a yogurt at work after the gym.

sometimes at home ill have an english muffin with butter and jam or peanut butter.