Good Books

2»

Replies

• k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    These all sound great. Sorry i can't contribute, the last thing i read was a textbook and before that Harry Potter. Can't wait to read again for pleasure!
  • One of my favourite books is "The Alchemist" I have read it twice and everytime I read it I discover something new about myself. I love it !!
  • I'm a big fan of Jody Picoult. I've read everything she's published. They all focus on taboo issues that make you think "what would i do".
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    if you like to read about WWII and the holocaust, you can't beat Sarah's Key, there is a movie coming out about it and The Help was just as awesome! can't wait for that movie. Unbroken is another good one.
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    The Great American Novel - "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    The Hunger Games trilogy. It's a must-read.

Just starting this. WOOT.

I like anything by Jodi Picoult, but most recently I read House Rules, and it was awesome!

Also, the author Mitch Albom has done some amazing work.. if you haven't read "The Five People You Meet In Heaven," GET ON IT!!! My favorite book. I read it over and over and over and.... well you get the point.
  • I'm working on the Dune series right now, I never realized how much I like sci-fi fiction until I started them :3 I'm usually more of a fantasy genre gal :)

A couple of good fantasy series: The Sword of Truth series & the Howls Moving Castle series <3 Addictive! The former is way more serious than the latter, it's kind of nice having different things to read for different moods hehe
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Good books I've read recently:
    Unbearable Lightness of Being - Milan Kundera
    Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov

Currently reading:
    Coming up for air - George Orwell
  • lisadhancock
    lisadhancock Posts: 103
    Thanks for posting this! I'm currently reading "the shack" and it's very interesting...
  • rure13
    rure13 Posts: 86
    One of my favourite books is "The Alchemist" I have read it twice and everytime I read it I discover something new about myself. I love it !!
    What is it about? I've seen it all over but never actually looked to see what it's about.
    Heaven is For Real, A Prayer for Owen Meany (takes a while to get into but so worth it :smile: ), Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, and my all time favorite The Outsiders.
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    World War Z by Max Brooks and most books by Chuck Palahniuk
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member

I second the Chuck Palahniuk.. if you like crazy psychological kinda stuff. :) Invisible Monsters is pretty good!
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    if you like to read about WWII and the holocaust, you can't beat Sarah's Key, there is a movie coming out about it and The Help was just as awesome! can't wait for that movie. Unbroken is another good one.

Ever read any Elie Wiesel? He's an excellent Holocaust/post-Holocaust writer.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Water For Elephants was amazing! I finished it within 2 days because I couldn't put it down. Right now I'm reading some Beatles biographies and a Ted Williams autobiography. Where The Heart Is was a great book, very similar to the movie and I can't decide which I liked more lol.

A few classics I always enjoy reading are Catcher In The Rye, 1984, and Animal Farm.
  • blwood860
    blwood860 Posts: 31
    I second Water for Elephants - so good!
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member

I've read World War Z twice already it is a really good read

I've also preordered the new Chuck book Damned that is coming out in October
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka is amazing!