800 plus day consecutive streak logging in to MFP and 207 lbs lost!

Replies

• Nahnie2552
    Nahnie2552 Posts: 1 Member
    Wow!! I loved your words so much, I quoted them and put it on my vision board at work. You said "the human body is amazing . . . and it is possible to turn things around and heal naturally." Congratulations on your transformation!! :-)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    4l9v4y8dc26h.jpg
    8h73ub4m3s8i.jpg
    bsd46n99heah.jpg
    1jnx1gnvszj0.jpg
    5ngcpdk2gar3.jpg
    Hello to all MFP users!
    I'm a 54 year old man who has had some tremendous health problems from years of abuse due to poor diet and an overall destructive lifestyle which included terrible nutrition and a sedentary lifestyle. Two and a half years ago , I was on 9 different medications with multiple health issues including depression and type 2 diabetes and I weighed 402 POUNDS at 5 foot 7. Within the past two and a half years I have managed to turn my life around and now, I am in better shape than I was in my 20s weighing in at 196 lbs.
    Currently, I am on no medications and was able to successfully reversed my type 2 diabetes which I was on the threshold of at my last doctor's appointment weighing 402 pounds.
    Currently my resting pulse rate is 52, A1C is 5.1, and cholesterol and blood pressure readings are perfect! Through a combination of good quality clean eating , and a wide variety of cardio exercise as well as weight training , I have found the key to a better lifestyle with no gimmicks, diets, or pay programs etc. I truly believe that the use of the My Fitness Pal app is the single most important tool in my arsenal because of all the quality information available, and I like the "accountability" which I derive from it. What I have achieved is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but adapting to this type of Lifestyle is extremely rewarding, satisfying, and pays off better than anything a person could do for themselves especially at the age of over 50. I am a firm believer that an active healthy lifestyle combining consistency with exercise, and healthy food choices with the addition of food logging through MFP is a recipe for success. For long term results, these habits need to turn into a way of life.. Never say DIET.. It needs to be a healthy way of life with knowledge being the key to healthy choices. The first 2 fat pictures showed me at only around 335 lbs and I maxed out later at 402. One final thought... don't make too many lofty or aggressive goals at first because you might just set yourself up for failure so take it slow and gradually ease into your new lifestyle. For instance, I used to get out of breath just going to the refrigerator so I started walking around the block slowly. Each week I tried to go a little further until I was able to walk a mile or two and then I gradually started to jog a little bit. So the lesson learned here is to take it slow and have a plan but don't try to do too much at one time or you'll set yourself up for frustration and possible failure. I hope my success will help to motivate some other people who are in the same situation I was more than two-and-a-half years ago. Remember, the human body is amazing and it is possible even at the ripe old age of 54 to turn things around and allow yourself to heal naturally by just taking care of your health, gaining knowledge and making the right choices. I always remember one thing a friend of mine who used to be very heavy told me and I quote "nothing tastes as good as being thin and healthy feels"
    Happy New Year to everyone and let's make 2017 the best and fit year of Our Lives. If anyone would like to contact me for specifics on what I have done or just need a little bit of inspiration , I would be more than happy to share some of my success tactics and secrets which aren't really secrets at all.
    Chris

You look amazing!! Congratulations!!
  • momofamadhouse
    momofamadhouse Posts: 197 Member
    Floored. Amazed. Inspired. Speechless! You just rock!
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Looking strong (and tanned) at 54! I'll sign up for that!

• omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Your story is amazing and inspirational. Thanks for posting. To do this at 54 and at 400lbs!?!? What! I have no more excuses.
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    unreal! What an inspiration way to GO!!!!
  • royalslover
    royalslover Posts: 1 Member
    Holy cow, this is one of the best fitness turnarounds I have ever seen. Maybe you mentioned this before but have you had problems with loose skin? you look freakin amazing and it gives me hope as I am about your age.
  • ssajwa1
    ssajwa1 Posts: 18 Member
    Very impressive! Good for you!
  • staffordshire62
    staffordshire62 Posts: 28 Member
    Holy cow, this is one of the best fitness turnarounds I have ever seen. Maybe you mentioned this before but have you had problems with loose skin? you look freakin amazing and it gives me hope as I am about your age.

One of the reasons I decided to weight train was to add some muscle especially to help with the loose skin. I do have quite a bit of loose skin around my midsection, but I would venture to say that could only be addressed surgically. Does not seem the skin will retract or shrink any more. At this point, its all relative and all I can do is worry about the stuff under the skin and try to keep everything as healthy as possible. If I had unlimited funds, I might look into the surgical option just to remove the loose skin around my stomach/midsection.
  • stevegraygb
    stevegraygb Posts: 2 Member
    Mate- that is awesome.

Genuinely inspirational, and much respect due for your determination in turning things around.
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Absolutely amazing! Now you just need to pose with a nice ten pound WALLEYE and the transition will be complete :smile:
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    I am so happy for you! Great job turning your life around! Thanks for sharing :)
  • aznthundrhed
    aznthundrhed Posts: 2 Member
    this is awesome! congrats to you! I'm currently on my own 900+ days streak.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Very motivating & inspiring!! You look really good-thank you for sharing-Congratulations!! :)
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 97 Member
    An inspiring transformation!!! Bravo!!!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,300 Member
    fantastic, I'm so happy for you, awesome job
  • Bayluvr
    Bayluvr Posts: 115 Member
    Amazing...just AMAZING!! The tux pic is SMOKIN'! And let's not forget the fish (I'm an angler too). Congratulations on this magnificent achievement, and continued great health to you :)
  • Nicole_M4
    Nicole_M4 Posts: 507 Member
    WOW!!! Such and inspiration!!
    Its almost unbelievable. Gives me hope for me!! I have 135 lbs to go. I've lost 50lbs. I wish that I'm able stick to this and get to my final goal without quitting. Just wow!! You are amazing. Don't think I'll ever forget your storey. Thanks for sharing!.
  • fitin50s2
    fitin50s2 Posts: 111 Member
    Sensational! Beyond measure...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Damn you look good!

Your family must feel like they have won the lottery knowing how much healthier you are.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!