Made it to my goal!

I'm a sixty year old guy. One and a half years ago I started out at 230. Today, I cracked 150. Eighty lost, over one-third of what I started with. After years of gaining, sitting on the couch, eating what I pleased, I decided if I didn't do it then, I would never do it. Did the whole nine yards, two personal training sessions a week, changed my diet, got a Polar fitness tracker, and logged my calories into MFP - an incredibly huge help in the whole thing. Waist went from 40 (snug!) to below 32 now, body fat from 40% to 14%, and my arms, chest, and core are probably the best they've ever been. I would have to say, the biggest factor was self-discipline. Like most things in life, the mental aspect is predominant, I believe. Now I'm entering the maintenance phase of this - another challenge, but I think I'm up to it! I wish success for all the members of the MFP community!

Replies

• mandalunia
    mandalunia Posts: 128 Member
    Great attitude and success!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    it always amazes me how men just get it done! Enjoy your new lease on life.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Awesome! 80lbs is my target too. Very well done to you :)
  • SleepingSwan
    SleepingSwan Posts: 50 Member
    A great achievement, well done!
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Congrats on the accomplishment, you a testament that hard work and persistence will pay off. Some think it's easy for men to lose weight, and I'm hear to tell you it is just as hard for men as women. Thanks for leading the way!
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Awesome job and all the best for maintaining your healthy and fit body!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,930 Member
    Congrats on hitting your goal, and sticking with it through, I'm sure, some trials! Wishing you the best in maintenance (which comes with it's own set of challenges, as I'm finding out now myself)!!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Congratulations on hitting that goal! Those are some excellent results!
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Good job!
  • whoward320
    whoward320 Posts: 1 Member
    That's really inspiring. Thanks for sharing!
  • shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    I can only imagine the sense of accomplishment you're feeling right now - congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!