-50Lbs Milestone!

Pseudocyber
Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
edited February 2017 in Success Stories
I hit minus 50lbs today! Celebrating with a selfie, and some charts. I came home from Thanksgiving with family at a high, again, and said "No more last meals, no more tomorrows. Starting now." - reactivated myfitnesspal, withings scale, runkeeper. Decided to aim low cal, low carb (my personal goals 1K cal, 100 carb) - I know, I know ... not enough, etc. But it's not healthy being an obese diabetic either. I lowered my A1C from 7 to 5 (during which my Doc took me off one drug, and cut the other in half). Went from size 46 to 38, 3xlarge to "just" XLarge. I started walking - aiming for 30 min 3 times a week, now do some form of exercise daily, averaging 81.8 minutes/day for 80 days. Started circuit training about 2 weeks ago. Using the apps, Itook the data and built spreadsheets to track - and I enjoy getting the feedback.

I stopped (almost 100%) diet sodas, cut way back on beer, avoid candy, sweets, bread, rice, potatoes, fried food, pasta.

I'm averaging 1366.7 Cal/day, and eating 64% of what myfitnesspal calculates is my goal. 92.3 carbs/day. Sodium average 2116.1mg/day.

Resulting weight loss: 0.6lbs/day, 4.5lbs/week. 50.3lbs - 79 days, 19.3% bodyweight loss, using my withings scale and gym nurse measurements, I figure I've gone from 50%lean/50%fat to about 65%lean/35%fat.

Charts and pics follow - thanks to my friends on MFP! Keep up the good work! See you at -100.jsvlcalfeuw8.jpg
e3z63vulooj3.jpg
gs5bx1i9mawx.jpg

Replies

• jnananamaste
    jnananamaste Posts: 72 Member
    Bravo!
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Very well done! You look fantastic!
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    WOW!! Very well done, you look much younger :)
  • eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    SO amazing!! I'm scrolling through all these posts today because I need some motivation, so thank you! great job!!!!
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Outstanding. I have similar stats, at least from a starting standpoint and age, so I'm looking to follow your path. Keep up the great work and example you set for everyone.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Awesome job. Love your graph!
  • brandi8484
    brandi8484 Posts: 96 Member
    GREAT JOB!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    WTG!!
  • dennisaston
    dennisaston Posts: 1 Member
    Way to go! So it took you about 80 days to get down to that weight? I started at 272 and 220 is my target.
  • marelthu
    marelthu Posts: 184 Member
    Great job. You're my hero!
  • WynVln
    WynVln Posts: 9 Member
    Great work!

And yay for charts :smiley:
    I love how your data is color coded in the bottom one
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    I too hit 50 down yesterday. I started on July 24th. 2016 I am aiming for 2 pounds a week so I will look for you at 100!!! GREAT JOB you do look years younger!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    I'm happy for you. You've worked hard and you have a system that works for you.

It is just too bad many of us on here can't achieve a healthy balance with food. It is all or nothing..and I do wonder if it is sustainable. However, I totally get the you just want the dangerous fat off. Best of luck to you.
  • mdnorthside
    mdnorthside Posts: 48 Member
    Bless people like you who chart your progress! So reassuring for people like me who latch on to fluctuations -_-
  • Pseudocyber
    Way to go! So it took you about 80 days to get down to that weight? I started at 272 and 220 is my target.

Yes. I'm aiming for 1000 cal 100 carbs, but actually averaging about 1350 cal and 90 carbs. And I'm exercising an average 80 minutes/day. Just walked 5 miles uphill treadmill this am, for 1100 cal, according to treadmill. I started at 260.
  • Pseudocyber
    WynVln wrote: »
    I love how your data is color coded in the bottom one

I'm using excel - and have "conditional formatting" - for instance, if >=100 then red, if <100 then green. :smile:

• Pseudocyber
    I too hit 50 down yesterday. I started on July 24th. 2016 I am aiming for 2 pounds a week so I will look for you at 100!!! GREAT JOB you do look years younger!!

Here's to -100!!! :smile:
  • Pseudocyber
    I'm happy for you. You've worked hard and you have a system that works for you.

It is just too bad many of us on here can't achieve a healthy balance with food. It is all or nothing..and I do wonder if it is sustainable. However, I totally get the you just want the dangerous fat off. Best of luck to you.

i don't want to sustain 1300-1500 cal ... once I get to goal, I want to work with my Dr. and figure out "what I should be" - and then eat enough cal's to stay even, or even eat more and gain muscle. :smile:
  • Pseudocyber
    Bless people like you who chart your progress! So reassuring for people like me who latch on to fluctuations -_-

The trendlines help me with the fluctuations. Especially SALT which is evil ... instantly gain 2 or 3 pounds!!! ARGH!!! ... but then I drink a lot of water .... it's the trendlines that help. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!