"Trying" first bulk

Trying to bulk up. Was 92kg in October and now 95.. Wanna make 100 then maybe cut but finding it hard with finding good carbs and taking in less fat? What are the best foods for bulking but gaining small fat

Replies

• charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    What you are essentially saying is that you’d like to build muscle without fat. I’m sorry to say, but that won’t be possible. You can add both at the same time & then cut to lose the fat (whilst trying to preserve the muscle).

Figure out your maintenance calories by an online calculator AND test them out… Eat at this level of calories for 2 weeks and see what happens to your weight. If it goes up a little, cool… stick with it. If you’re not adding weight, you’ll need to add more calories. Figuring out your maintenance is key to a decent bulk. Eat at 250-500 surplus to your maintenance.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Eating fat doesn't make you fat. Eating excess calories makes you fat, whether they come from protein, carbs or fat. To gain muscle with minimum fat gains, eat at a small surplus like the poster above mentioned and get a good lifting program.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Are you really tall? 100kg is heavy for a first bulk!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    What do you mean by a good carb? What is the significance of good or, presumably the flip side, bad?
    Why specifically do you want to take in less fat?

Less calories, which may or may not come from your fat intake, if you are gaining weight too fast and putting on a poor ratio of fat to muscle.

A lot more detail will get you more specific answers.

• mitch_wade
    mitch_wade Posts: 3 Member

I'm 6,3 my normal weight has as well been like 88kg
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    mitch_wade wrote: »

I'm 6,3 my normal weight has as well been like 88kg

You're going to gain a lot of fat I'm afraid to say. Keep your surplus low, don't chase an arbitrary number on the scales and make some decent gains.

For reference my profile picture is me: 6'3 @ 102kg, 7 years of lifting and around 14% bodyfat.