Wheelchair user 130lbs healthier!

Replies

• 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Hey!

I don't know what made me think today was the right day to post some photos of my progress, but here we are anyway.

I'm a disabled woman, my impairment was really severe a few years ago and I was constantly in hospital, in ICU unable to breathe. I was in crisis, physically and mentally. And so I decided I needed to do something to take back control, or I'd die.

So I downloaded MFP, added some awesome friends are started calorie counting. It was the first time I'd actually truly understood calories and nutrition properly and things started to click into place. I learnt how to listen to what my body needed and how foods made me feel. For the first year it was just about being under my calories, even if I ate 3 slices of cake. That's what I loved about MFP, there was nothing I couldn't eat as long as I didn't go over my calories. The slowly, as I lost weight, I started to look more carefully at exactly what I was eating, trying to make my macros and thinking specifically about what would help me manage my impairment.

Today, I've not been in ICU for 4 years. I'm 130lbs lighter. My body and I work together to keep me as well as possible whilst still living with a fairly severe impairment. I'm also getting married! All things that seemed forever away 4 years ago.

I have just started to focus more specifically on working out, when I am able to, doing heavily adapted work outs, rather than attempting to lose lots more weight. My goal was 9st, and I'm currently 9st 4lbs.

I weight less that I've lost. I've shed 50% of my body weight. And happiness is off the scale!

To be clear, I willnever be 'finished'. These aren't my 'after' photos by any stretch of the imagination! I was to change my body for the better, always.

Photos!

hcdy5njhe49r.jpg

I was wearing a UK size 26

dw92u93noosa.jpg

3xcpk00h6k7x.jpg

Wearing a size 20/22 here, this is when I really decided I could do this and went at it properly!

dv5qz4h0xol4.jpg

This is the day I knew the woman I'd met would be my wife. That I had so much I wanted to live for and that if I worked hard I could *actually* live!

8z0v9pooz1w8.jpg

8956tukj3j3f.jpg

Excuse the selfies, I don't have tons of full length photos! This photos was my 32nd birthday, and I'm wearing a UK size 8 shirt!

hfqm2fsez8wc.jpg

3s9evgvkg66c.jpg

I can't wait to be able to post again, with more changes to my health, wellbeing and body. You can follow me on Instagram too (@Brizzle__Kicks)

Thanks for looking!
    You are a remarkable inspiration and you are very pretty!

• sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    This is amazing! Losing that much weight is just so awesome and inspirational!!! You go girl!!
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Amazing! You are gorgeous! Congratulations to you and your fiance too. :)
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    You look amazing! And your positive attitude is so refreshing - thank you for sharing your story!
  • Rushbrook60
    Rushbrook60 Posts: 95 Member
    edited May 2016
    You are an incredibly inspiring woman!! You should be so proud of yourself for turning your life around so dramatically. It certainly puts able bodied citizens with a lack of will power to shame. You look fantastic in every one of your pictures, both at your larger size and your current weight, but you can clearly see an extra sparkle in your latest photo. You look amazing and congratulations on your wedding too.

I wish you all the best on your wedding day and for you contined dedication to your health. I have a similar amount of weight to lose myself and if I look as good as you do when I reach on goal, I'll know I've done well
  • imogen__may
    imogen__may Posts: 78 Member
    You are an incredibly inspiring woman!! You should be so proud of yourself for turning your life around so dramatically. It certainly puts able bodied citizens with a lack of will power to shame. You look fantastic in every one of your pictures, both at your larger size and your current weight, but you can clearly see an extra sparkle in your latest photo. You look amazing and congratulations on your wedding too.

I wish you all the best on your wedding day and for you contined dedication to your health. I have a similar amount of weight to lose myself and if I look as good as you do when I reach on goal, I'll know I've done well

Good luck! You can do it!! xx
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Wow, what a transformation. You look incredible. Congratulations on your success.
  • imogen__may
    imogen__may Posts: 78 Member
    Thanks Dave! x
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Stories like yours is what keeps me coming back back. You are a true inspiration
  • 75poundstogo
    75poundstogo Posts: 99 Member
    Hands down. My favorite mfp success story. You radiate beauty and health. Major props
  • 75poundstogo
    75poundstogo Posts: 99 Member
    Look at your legs and feet. They look better aligned. Is this a real result?
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Your story is incredible and I'm so proud of you. You look so stunning with the short hair by the way !
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Very touching to me and motivates me to not give up ;)
  • kristina6002
    kristina6002 Posts: 21 Member
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing!
  • prostmm
    prostmm Posts: 4 Member
    Wow. Inspiring!! Thank you for sharing!!
  • Goddesskat
    Goddesskat Posts: 71 Member
    Hey!

I don't know what made me think today was the right day to post some photos of my progress, but here we are anyway.

I'm a disabled woman, my impairment was really severe a few years ago and I was constantly in hospital, in ICU unable to breathe. I was in crisis, physically and mentally. And so I decided I needed to do something to take back control, or I'd die.

So I downloaded MFP, added some awesome friends are started calorie counting. It was the first time I'd actually truly understood calories and nutrition properly and things started to click into place. I learnt how to listen to what my body needed and how foods made me feel. For the first year it was just about being under my calories, even if I ate 3 slices of cake. That's what I loved about MFP, there was nothing I couldn't eat as long as I didn't go over my calories. The slowly, as I lost weight, I started to look more carefully at exactly what I was eating, trying to make my macros and thinking specifically about what would help me manage my impairment.

Today, I've not been in ICU for 4 years. I'm 130lbs lighter. My body and I work together to keep me as well as possible whilst still living with a fairly severe impairment. I'm also getting married! All things that seemed forever away 4 years ago.

I have just started to focus more specifically on working out, when I am able to, doing heavily adapted work outs, rather than attempting to lose lots more weight. My goal was 9st, and I'm currently 9st 4lbs.

I weight less that I've lost. I've shed 50% of my body weight. And happiness is off the scale!

To be clear, I willnever be 'finished'. These aren't my 'after' photos by any stretch of the imagination! I was to change my body for the better, always.

Photos!

hcdy5njhe49r.jpg

I was wearing a UK size 26

dw92u93noosa.jpg

3xcpk00h6k7x.jpg

Wearing a size 20/22 here, this is when I really decided I could do this and went at it properly!

dv5qz4h0xol4.jpg

This is the day I knew the woman I'd met would be my wife. That I had so much I wanted to live for and that if I worked hard I could *actually* live!

8z0v9pooz1w8.jpg

8956tukj3j3f.jpg

Excuse the selfies, I don't have tons of full length photos! This photos was my 32nd birthday, and I'm wearing a UK size 8 shirt!

hfqm2fsez8wc.jpg

3s9evgvkg66c.jpg

I can't wait to be able to post again, with more changes to my health, wellbeing and body. You can follow me on Instagram too (@Brizzle__Kicks)

Thanks for looking!

All I can say is WOW!!! You definitely are an inspiration to me today and an example to many that there really are no excuses to not get healthier. I have two able body legs and really don't have anything to complain about looking at your story. Thank you for being brave enough to post. I too am going to bookmark this page and when I feel like giving up or making excuses for myself, I'm coming back to this page to read about you and what you have to say. All the best with your wedding. <3
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 894 Member
    Truly inspirational
  • jotic34
    jotic34 Posts: 2 Member
    Wow! Great read Imogen! I have a son who is wheelchair dependent and he needs to lose weight before his next op. He has a serious form of Cystic Fibrosis that affects his hips and lower limbs. Your journey confirms he can lose weight without exercise! Thanks for sharing!
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    You are one amazing young woman!
  • ddveedub
    ddveedub Posts: 140 Member
    Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!