New To EM2WL? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• Wednesday87
    Wednesday87 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi! I'm Mirela. I worked with a trainer last year for a couple months who was a big believer in EM2WL. Now that I'm trying to lose on my own, I want to chat with other ladies who share the same philosophy. I'm currently slowly trying to increase my calories. On a side note, I <3 CrossFit!
  • lisabee18
    lisabee18 Posts: 27 Member
    Hi
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Hi, I'm, also new to the group, hearing about it on the Half Size Me podcast. I have a Fitbit Charge 2 and it has my TDEE at 2100-2300. I have tried all of the diets known to man.
    After listening to the Half Size Me podcast, I thought "Maybe there is a better way" That way being to not exclude food groups that end up making you binge; acknowledge that when you lift weights, you will get hungrier and that is okay. I'm finding it a little hard to come to terms with the Eat More, but fully acknowledge that what I have done before hasn't worked. I am prepared to give it my best shot.
    Anyone who would like a pushing 60 friend who needs to lose 20kgs, please feel free to add me.
  • jme121314
    jme121314 Posts: 4 Member
    My name is Jamie and new to this group. I am currently trying to lose weight. I have spend the last 2-3 months mentally preparing myself. Typically, I would just stick with something for a week or two and quit. But this time, I am sticking to it even if it takes me a bit longer. Its all about baby steps for me. I am a single mother of a 2-year old who is very high energy. I was a Soda junkie (Dr. Pepper). However, I haven't had soda in 2 weeks! I've noticed I am more energetic (body wise). I am not much of a H2O drinker, so I use small packets to put into the water, which it acts as an energy substitute. Its helping me quite a bit.

My highest weight (after baby) is 260 before baby was 235. My current weight is 251. I set realistic goals. I want to get to 225, once I hit that goal, I will have a goal of 200 to get to.

Send me a friend request!!
  • sunniebass1378
    sunniebass1378 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! I'm Mirela. I worked with a trainer last year for a couple months who was a big believer in EM2WL. Now that I'm trying to lose on my own, I want to chat with other ladies who share the same philosophy. I'm currently slowly trying to increase my calories. On a side note, I <3 CrossFit!

Hello Mirela. I am on the same journey you are! Would love to have a like minded lady along the way :smile: I started @ 1200 cal and am currently up to 1400. Its alot harder than I thought it was going to be. Shoot me a friend request if you like.
    PS. I LOVE THE TARDIS PROFILE PIC :)
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Hi ladies!
    Welcome to the group!
    So glad you joined us!
    I'm going to fire off some friend requests to you all!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Welcome all to the group! I hope you have had a chance to look through the stickies at the top of the community page. These are full of information for you about the EM2WL journey and what to expect. Its a great place to start to get a feel for what this all means and how your lifestyle can fit in. We are all in this together!

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • FitClubKloof
    FitClubKloof Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all my name is Tammy. I'm so new to the community side of things its ridiculous. I've been on my health and weightloss journey for a long time with no real results. My calories have been sitting between 1200/1500 but according to EM2WL I should be on 1825 so I'm willing to give it a try. I live in South Africa. Mom to two teenagers. Looking for support :smile:
  • muzakchan
    muzakchan Posts: 1 Member
    Hi team! My name is Sarah, and I'm trying to get on board with this EM2WL thing. I've been eating 1200 calories/day for the last few months, and I've pretty much stayed at a stagnant weight. When I went to calculate my TDEE, it was 2372/day - 2016 at a 15% cut. I'm excited to eat again, even though it's going to be a struggle to relearn how to eat that many calories in a day. But I'm super pumped to start this journey, and I'm glad to have found such a supportive community to do it with!
  • pugnell
    pugnell Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I am Pugnella - I have started this journey in fits and starts over the past 1.5 years but it took topping 190 for me to get serious about getting healthy. The exercise part i am getting the hang of now but eating properly is proving more difficult. Also I don't understand a lot of the information and lingo out with regards to nutrition but I am ready to learn. Here's hoping participating in this forum will teach me what I need to know to improve my nutrition.
  • Anjacina
    Anjacina Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hello my name is Angela. I've been lurking on the EM2WL site since January 1. Started tracking everything I've eaten since the 4th. I'm 5'3" 253lbs and going on 46. I've been weight "losing" my entire adult life but really noticed in the last 5 years I've stayed the same weight just up and down to where I am now. Over the past 6 weeks (I can't believe it's been only 6 weeks!) I have been tracking and eating trying to raise my cals to my TDEE of 2510. My calc'd BMR is 1826 and a 15% cut is 2134 based on the EM2WL calculator. I found that I have been averaging about 2100 cals per week according to MFP and the scale is staying the same, which is shocking because I was convinced one calorie over my precious 1724 was making me gain it all back. I'm finding it REALLY hard to eat more because every time I think for sure I've eaten more and logged it, it still isn't enough. I'm working on taking it in steps. First the logging, then the exercise consistency, then the macros. I turn into a toddler if I have to do them all together. ;) I'm not sure if I'm doing everything correctly how long I should actually eat at my TDEE and when to start the deficit. However, I am looking forward to meeting everyone and hope I can be helpful on this journey.
  • kcmsmith0405
    kcmsmith0405 Posts: 259 Member
    Hi Everyone. I have been dieting my whole life and recently lost about 30 lbs doing a relatively low carb (40 ish grams per day) diet. However lately I have been starving and craving carbs and since I still have another 30-40 lbs to lose 5'8" 198lbs). I wanted to try eating at maintenance for a while to not feel so hungry all the time, I stumbled across this forum and decided to give it a try. Since I have been eating regularly for the past couple of months I am going to jump right in to the 15% cut. Using my fitbit my avg TDEE is about 2350 cals - no wonder I have been hungry - my old cal goal was 1600/day LOL. I bumped it up to about 1900 so going from there.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Welcome all to the group! Please make sure you read through all of the stickies at the top of the community page under START HERE as it contains a lot of great information for when you are starting out.
    Its always scary to increase your cals when you begin because we have been programmed to eat so very little in order to achieve weight loss. Just remember, you are here because you are tired of starving on diets, tired of feeling slugish and want to take back your life. This is not a quick fix. This is a true lifestyle change to make sure you never have to worry about what you eat anymore. Its a long haul journey..
    Hope this helps!

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • CAMOLOVELADY
    CAMOLOVELADY Posts: 34 Member
    Hi, my name is Angel. I am currently running on the obese side of things and I am so not happy with myself. I have never been this big even with any of the 3 pregnancies that I have gone through. I never weighed more than 220 during my pregnancies. However, after my 3 pregnancy I started gaining weight and have not been able to get the weight off. I joined Myfitnesspal due to my doctor recommending it and also to see if I could do something with my weight to get me down to my ideal weight which is around 160. I am looking for support, ideas on how to keep the weight off once I start losing it and also friends who are willing to work with me.
  • kcmsmith0405
    kcmsmith0405 Posts: 259 Member
    Welcome Angel!
  • CAMOLOVELADY
    CAMOLOVELADY Posts: 34 Member
    Thank you Naturalnut. I am not sure how to go about getting down to a healthier weight due to never having the support or the funds to get things that I need. I have tried seeing a dietician, tried numerous diet pills and always seem to fail. I have also tried a site like this and failed at that too. I don't have the self discipline that I need to keep going. It will be nice to have a good support group and know that I am not alone.
  • symafiza
    symafiza Posts: 16 Member
    Hi my name is syma and I am new. I have abused my body for about 14 years now tried everything to lose weight been successful in the past with ridiculous fad diets but old tricks are not working anymore and I am mentally sick of all this. Need a new way which is acceptable and will last. I am 5ft 3 and 67kg. I liked the videos of em2wl and I wanna know my numbers and what works for me. Your help will be much appreciated
  • empressichel
    Thank you Naturalnut. I am not sure how to go about getting down to a healthier weight due to never having the support or the funds to get things that I need. I have tried seeing a dietician, tried numerous diet pills and always seem to fail. I have also tried a site like this and failed at that too. I don't have the self discipline that I need to keep going. It will be nice to have a good support group and know that I am not alone.

Hi Camolovelady
    Welcome to the group! Don't worry about all those things in the past. EM2WL is all about creating a lifestyle that works for you and your life and is sustainable and maintainable.
    I would recommend starting by reading through everything, either all the stickies at the top of this group or with this http://eatmore2weighless.com/faqs/
    It's a very supportive community and we are here for you. <3
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    symafiza wrote: »
    Hi my name is syma and I am new. I have abused my body for about 14 years now tried everything to lose weight been successful in the past with ridiculous fad diets but old tricks are not working anymore and I am mentally sick of all this. Need a new way which is acceptable and will last. I am 5ft 3 and 67kg. I liked the videos of em2wl and I wanna know my numbers and what works for me. Your help will be much appreciated

Hi Syma.
    I would recommend doing a metabolism reset from what you say about your past.
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/
    You can find out your numbers from our calculator here http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/
    Plus, I would recommend going through all of the stickies at the top of this group.
    Just let us know if you have any questions.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm Christina.
    I am at my wits end.
    I have found previous success on mfp and lost 40 lbs eating between 1600- 1800 calories a day with exercising 30 mins a day. I felt amazing. That was six years ago...

Then my knee trouble got in the way and had to stop working out and finally had a total knee replacement and I recommitted myself to being healthy. I have seen numerous Naturopaths, spent $$, and taken handfuls of supplements. I go to the gym daily and either take a cardio class or a class that involves weights. And no weight loss!

I have been logging my food daily for 75 days, trying to find a range to eat at... tried 1650 calories and have gone as low as 1300 calories. I'm 5'9" and presently weigh 222. I am active. My TDEE is 2357 with my BMR at 1693.

Any insight and success stories eating this way would be greatly appreciated.

When I saw my Dr. for my physical we of course talked about my weight. His response was, "Maybe you're just meant to be big!!!!" I almost lost it on him. Then he said... you're hitting middle age! I'm turning 50 this summer!

Thanks for listening!

Christina