6000+ Valentines Misery Binge From Hell

Wondering if there is a way to combat this. I'm not hungry today and I feel like I pooped out my intestines. I clogged 2 toilets at work after this binge.

To put this in perspective, my TDEE is 1450 calories, I'm a 5'1 woman, and I ate 6450 calories yesterday...

I'm not hungry today, last night the tail end of my binge was eating a whole tub of frosting...

Yikes. If I cut 500 cal for the rest of the week per day (or more if I'm still full) will I stay my normal weight? Or does it all appear tomorrow and I have to try and ignore how I don't fit in my clothes?

Replies

• leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    what did you eat for 6450 calories? Was it one huge meal ending with the tub of frosting?
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Like others have said -It's in the past, move forward.
    If you restrict so much and you have an exceptionally "hungry" day - you may be tempted from hunger. Just make healthy choices, eat when your hungry.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    solieco1 wrote: »
    The best advice I can give said with love is forget the calories and work on what caused the binge. xoxo

I agree with this. If you want to avoid this problem in the future figure out why it happened.
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    Great comments, from everybody. I would agree on who said maybe you are too restrictive with your diet that you feel you need to binge. Stress/ anxiety makes me eat countless.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    solieco1 wrote: »
    The best advice I can give said with love is forget the calories and work on what caused the binge. xoxo

100% this
  • chriseema
    chriseema Posts: 19 Member
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    what did you eat for 6450 calories? Was it one huge meal ending with the tub of frosting?

t1ta6h2wyfcy.png
    fpg7lg6ghh8e.png
    n76b69fp0hw4.png
    k8b4ojnw8nl2.png
    ynrfv5t2089h.png
    3l3t10si85v9.png
    atzg88bf9eq2.png
  • chriseema
    I actually wrote the wrong number for simplicity, correct number is above BUT I added the extra calories I had from a previous binge last week if that makes sense
  • chriseema
    chriseema wrote: »
    I actually wrote the wrong number for simplicity, correct number is above BUT I added the extra calories I had from a previous binge last week if that makes sense

So roughly 4600 on Valentines day and 1850 extra calories from the prior week is how you got to 6450?

I guess it's all about perspective. When I eat hormonally every 4-6 weeks, I may hit close to 4600. It doesn't bother me. It's only one day and I get right back on track. If this is not something that is done frequently enough to cause any harm to your weight or you mental health, then you should be okay.

If you think this is really an issue and it's impacting your life negatively, maybe you should at least consider speaking to a professional.

Yeah exactly. I do it once a month. My "trigger" was I got a blood test a few days before and it made me dizzy, but not hungry, and when I'm dizzy and not hungry I binge because I think it's related.

Also, it was Valentine's Day, and there was a free dessert buffet at work.

However, can someone potentially answer my burning question about the weight gain offset? I just had a sandwich and banana after a small hunger spell and want to know if a slight restriction will cause me to not gain a lb. when I gain that extra roll, I can't focus on my work since I am so physically uncomfortable in my clothes
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    edited February 2017

So roughly 4600 on Valentines day and 1850 extra calories from the prior week is how you got to 6450?

I guess it's all about perspective. When I eat hormonally every 4-6 weeks, I may hit close to 4600. It doesn't bother me. It's only one day and I get right back on track. If this is not something that is done frequently enough to cause any harm to your weight or you mental health, then you should be okay.

If you think this is really an issue and it's impacting your life negatively, maybe you should at least consider speaking to a professional.

Yeah exactly. I do it once a month. My "trigger" was I got a blood test a few days before and it made me dizzy, but not hungry, and when I'm dizzy and not hungry I binge because I think it's related.

Also, it was Valentine's Day, and there was a free dessert buffet at work.

However, can someone potentially answer my burning question about the weight gain offset? I just had a sandwich and banana after a small hunger spell and want to know if a slight restriction will cause me to not gain a lb. when I gain that extra roll, I can't focus on my work since I am so physically uncomfortable in my clothes

I thought I answered above. You may have gained some fat, along with the fluid. Unfortunately, we can't answer with absolute certainty whether or not this will result in a gain for you. You will have to wait it out and see. Everyone is different.

The deficit may help you mitigate the gain. Also depending on your TDEE, it may be a minimal amount of actual fat gain.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    I would say don't fret about it - just don't let it become habit. Holidays result in being bombarded with piles of yummy high-cal foods we don't normally indulge in..most of us got overweight because we did stuff like this regularly rather than every once in while.