Weight Loss Challenge!! Fit by Summer! January-June

Replies

• Mynameismaggiemay
    Mynameismaggiemay Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hi everyone, I'm Sheila. This past year has been off the charts busy-new career, got married, moved an hour away from my home of 20 years. As a result, I've neglected exercise and have been eating horribly. After getting on the scale this morning and realizing that along with my busy year, I also picked up an extra 20 pounds, I rejoined MFP.

I am 5'4 and weigh 152. I'm 51 years old so weight loss has definitely become more difficult. I am willing to put in the hard work and not looking for a quick fix, but I could certainly use some insight on nutrition for weight loss without muscle loss. I use to be able to go on a low carb diet to cut weight, but now it just makes me feel fatigued and my muscles weak.

I plan to weigh in every Wednesday morning and add 60 minutes of interval training 5 days a week. I would like to lose 20 pounds by June 1 not only to look better but more importantly, to feel better. I look forward to hearing about everyone's successes, and there is no success too small so please share.
  • thirsty85
    thirsty85 Posts: 2 Member
    Can I join late?! My goal for this challenge is to lose 15-20 pounds. I NEED to get some motivation. I was on a really good clip and lost 25 pounds, but I have put back on at least 8 (maybe more, I haven't got on the scale!). The winter, snow and life have not been my friends lately. I started a new job (same company) and I work from home, but I have been on calls all day long. I used to have much more flexibility which I no longer do, so that means I need to get up earlier and work out before my day starts. I am OK with this, but I need to actually DO it. I am hoping if I am accountable somewhere it might help.
  • nniddaa
    nniddaa Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hi I wanna join the challenge as well, I dont really know how this works. I need to lose 30lbs to be exact by june, and as Im getting older I feel like my metabolism has slowed down drastically. I plan to do 30 mins of cardio ( running, jumping rope etc.) 5 times a week with bodyweight strength training 3 times. I hope I stick to it and eat healthy.
  • lennyt91
    lennyt91 Posts: 40 Member
    Hi all! My name is Lenny. I started at 188 and now am at 183! I'd like to lose 40 more. I'm 25 years old, married with 2 kiddos, and so ready to shed these extra pounds! feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • JacquiMarie70
    JacquiMarie70 Posts: 62 Member
    danifo0811 wrote: »
    I'm going to try joining to get motivated :)

I've been on MFP for several years but not very active the last few years.

I'm starting at 182.2 lbs and I've been pretty consistent between 180-183 lbs for the last 6 months. Before I had my third child, I was 140 lbs and exercised several mornings a week. With my first two children, I lost the 50 lbs I gained.

SW 182.3
    Goal for this challenge under 170 lbs

Non scale goals
    5 fruit and vegetables a day
    Exercise 5 x a week

I agree! Non scale goals as long as we stick to our own plan!
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Sheila. This past year has been off the charts busy-new career, got married, moved an hour away from my home of 20 years. As a result, I've neglected exercise and have been eating horribly. After getting on the scale this morning and realizing that along with my busy year, I also picked up an extra 20 pounds, I rejoined MFP.

I am 5'4 and weigh 152. I'm 51 years old so weight loss has definitely become more difficult. I am willing to put in the hard work and not looking for a quick fix, but I could certainly use some insight on nutrition for weight loss without muscle loss. I use to be able to go on a low carb diet to cut weight, but now it just makes me feel fatigued and my muscles weak.

I plan to weigh in every Wednesday morning and add 60 minutes of interval training 5 days a week. I would like to lose 20 pounds by June 1 not only to look better but more importantly, to feel better. I look forward to hearing about everyone's successes, and there is no success too small so please share.

My experience with losing weight but maintaining muscle is to eat the maximum you can with still losing weight. It is a slower process.

I've just hit 40 and am finding weight loss and general healthy behavior way different than when I was 30.
  • JacquiMarie70

Hi Sheila! Welcome! I think that's a great goal and I am looking forward to feeling better by the summer.
  • JacquiMarie70
    thirsty85 wrote: »
    Can I join late?! My goal for this challenge is to lose 15-20 pounds. I NEED to get some motivation. I was on a really good clip and lost 25 pounds, but I have put back on at least 8 (maybe more, I haven't got on the scale!). The winter, snow and life have not been my friends lately. I started a new job (same company) and I work from home, but I have been on calls all day long. I used to have much more flexibility which I no longer do, so that means I need to get up earlier and work out before my day starts. I am OK with this, but I need to actually DO it. I am hoping if I am accountable somewhere it might help.

Hi! It's never too late to start this challenge. It's all about our own pace and personal goals. I also work at home. I still have a part time job out of the house but then the rest is all at home. I have a small business for my artwork/paintings I do and I sit all day while creating. I feel like it's tough to start work and want to work out after. Before is definitely a good choice. For me...I need the motivation right now to start a workout routine. I'm hoping to make some room so that I can designate a specific spot just for making it place to go to everyday!
  • JacquiMarie70
    nniddaa wrote: »
    Hi I wanna join the challenge as well, I dont really know how this works. I need to lose 30lbs to be exact by june, and as Im getting older I feel like my metabolism has slowed down drastically. I plan to do 30 mins of cardio ( running, jumping rope etc.) 5 times a week with bodyweight strength training 3 times. I hope I stick to it and eat healthy.

Hey there!! Welcome :) However you want it to work at your own place. This is a place to share our journey about our own personal goals we want to achieve by summer!!
  • JacquiMarie70
    lennyt91 wrote: »
    Hi all! My name is Lenny. I started at 188 and now am at 183! I'd like to lose 40 more. I'm 25 years old, married with 2 kiddos, and so ready to shed these extra pounds! feel free to add me as a friend. :)

Hey Lenny!! Welcome! That's a great goal to have! 40 is totally doable by summer. Losing weights tough, that's why I created this blog. So that we can all share and inspire one another!
  • JacquiMarie70
    Morning friends! How is everyone doing with their goals so far?

I lost 2.6 pounds this week. Psyched! I'm not planning on weighing in for 1 month. I'm doing a total reset on my body and I know my weight will fluctuate, so during this process I'll wait to weigh in.

My plan is to move more (find a workout routine to do at home, walk and hula hoop again)

I'll mostly be focusing on eating only Whole Foods. Nothing processed and trying to cook new recipes to step out of the box a little!

Hope it's going well for everyone!
  • danifo0811
    So far so good today. I've decided to try a meal planning site for some freezer meals. My normal quick meal with the kids is something pasta related so I'm looking for other ideas.

I start work in a week so I hope that doesn't derail me. We aren't allowed food or drink except in the lunch room so that should help with midday snacking. I've been off since we moved a month ago. I always hate starting in new places.

I have a month of yoga from Groupon. I'm not expecting it to be a huge calorie burn or anything but I am hoping to gain some flexibility. I never though of yoga being difficult when I was in shape. Now I'm out of shape the body weight, flexibility, and balance stuff is difficult.

My mother in law had a stroke this morning so we are just waiting to see how things go.
  • robguenther
    robguenther Posts: 1 Member
    Is it too late to join? How do I join. I'm new to MFP (I've used Lose It app before, but not really this one.)
  • Hi everyone! Is it too late to join this challenge? I'm not new to MFP but I've been a lurker till now. I've been yo-yoing all of my life, and right now, at 182lbs and 5'4", I'm at my heaviest. I'm having some health problems related to my weight, and so I'm looking to end the war once and for all. I'm looking to lose down to 140, and had already set June as my personal goal. So far, I've dedicated myself to moving every day (I'm a writer, so it's easy to spend the entire day on my butt), and I've been trying to stick to a calorie goal of 1200, which is proving difficult. I have an emotional drive to eat, which I'm working on, but damn, it's hard. Becoming aware of this attachment, however, has been eye opening. I'm also doing visualization/meditation exercises by Jon Gabriel and others that I've been finding very helpful.
  • daisybell6
    daisybell6 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello
  • mskanakana
    mskanakana Posts: 57 Member
    It's February but I've been working on this since January so I would like to join too please! I have a vacation in June so I have to be in a swim suit! 41 years old and goal weight is 151 (I don't like round numbers and don't want to dwell on that 1 pound to get there!!) current weight is 177. I may not get all the way to my goal by June but would like to get a whole lot closer than where I am now!
  • danifo0811
    Hi everyone! Is it too late to join this challenge? I'm not new to MFP but I've been a lurker till now. I've been yo-yoing all of my life, and right now, at 182lbs and 5'4", I'm at my heaviest. I'm having some health problems related to my weight, and so I'm looking to end the war once and for all. I'm looking to lose down to 140, and had already set June as my personal goal. So far, I've dedicated myself to moving every day (I'm a writer, so it's easy to spend the entire day on my butt), and I've been trying to stick to a calorie goal of 1200, which is proving difficult. I have an emotional drive to eat, which I'm working on, but damn, it's hard. Becoming aware of this attachment, however, has been eye opening. I'm also doing visualization/meditation exercises by Jon Gabriel and others that I've been finding very helpful.

Same stats as me!

I also have an emotional drive to eat. It is something hard to overcome.
  • JacquiMarie70
    danifo0811 wrote: »
    So far so good today. I've decided to try a meal planning site for some freezer meals. My normal quick meal with the kids is something pasta related so I'm looking for other ideas.

I start work in a week so I hope that doesn't derail me. We aren't allowed food or drink except in the lunch room so that should help with midday snacking. I've been off since we moved a month ago. I always hate starting in new places.

I have a month of yoga from Groupon. I'm not expecting it to be a huge calorie burn or anything but I am hoping to gain some flexibility. I never though of yoga being difficult when I was in shape. Now I'm out of shape the body weight, flexibility, and balance stuff is difficult.

My mother in law had a stroke this morning so we are just waiting to see how things go.

Yoga is awesome! I love it. It's too bad how much it is a month, or I'd become a regular yogi at a studio. That's awesome you found a groupon for it. I just signed up for OneOEighght yoga. It's online and 15 dollars a month which is very affordable. I follow yoga girl on Instagram and it's her yoga studio that they teach at in Aruba who also have a tv station available for people who want to do yoga, but also want to save some money.

So sorry to hear about your other in law, hope all is well with her.

I love pasta too, but it makes me feel so uncomfortably full. So I replaced it a few years ago with brown rice pasta. If I don't use that, I use zucchini to make zoodles or spaghetti squash too!
  • JacquiMarie70
    Hi! It's never too late to join. It's just a bunch of us trying to get our healthiest and also achieve our own personal goal by summer! Comment on here daily if you want, or on your profile. A lot of us are keeping in contact through our profiles for updates!
  • JacquiMarie70
    Is it too late to join? How do I join. I'm new to MFP (I've used Lose It app before, but not really this one.)

That above statement was meant for you!!

Hi! It's never too late to join. It's just a bunch of us trying to get our healthiest and also achieve our own personal goal by summer! Comment on here daily if you want, or on your profile. A lot of us are keeping in contact through our profiles for updates