TEAM FOUR

Replies

• carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Okay, now we're down to 4th place! What happened here? I don't feel like we're much farther behind than usual but maybe we are? I wonder if it's the challenges. Only three of us have done Challenge 2. I gotta do that soon, along with Challenge 3. Got the food in my fridge, just need to eat it.

I did a walk with my co-worker on my lunch break today, which was a nice break from all the running. Plus my TOM started and I'm not doing so good. I'm just glad it's not a stay-under-calories challenge this week because I would not pass. Feeling rough. And a headache. Maybe I'll do the Challenge 2 tonight to help myself relax.
  • mckeon11
    mckeon11 Posts: 42 Member
    lynnbaum wrote: »
    mckeon11 wrote: »
    1. WHAT YOU TRIED: Black Beans

2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE: So, I have never really cared for any sort of bean (its the texture) so I tried these in a heaping spoonful (they were cooked with lime juice and tequila for heavens sake) and I still am not a fan! BUT at least I gave them a go!

My sister also hated the texture of beans. She makes chili and puts the beans in the food processor so she gets the nutrition but not that bean thing

I can do black bean burgers as well- just not a spoonful of beans :)
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Evening Smashers! I finished the foot massage videos today and got a good 45 minute walk in. I'm planning to do challenge 1 tomorrow, and challenge 3 at some point during the weekend (probably Saturday). Last I looked we are in 2nd but not by much.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    WEEK FOUR: TUK TUK TO THAILAND!
    DESTINATION: CHIANG RAI, THAILAND! MILES: 5019

VIDEO 1 - CHIANG RAI - HEAVEN OF THE NORTH - 6 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 2 - 12 THINGS NOT TO DO IN THAILAND - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” (10 POINTS)

MUAY THAI (NOT “MAI TAI”!) IS THE NATIONAL SPORT OF THAILAND. IT IS A COMBAT SPORT LIKE NO OTHERS! FIGHTERS USE THEIR KNEES, ELBOWS, SHINS AND HANDS TO IMPLEMENT BONE CRUSHING STRIKES!

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINT FOR CHALLENGE #1 COMPLETE THE 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING VIDEO. YOU CAN ALSO DO OPTION #1: 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING WORK ON YOUR ABS WITH JESSICA SMITH AND PEANUT OR OPTION #2: COMPLETE ALL OF THREE SMALLER VIDEOS 3 TIMES (3X) EACH. IF YOU CHOOSE THIS OPTION YOU MUST COMPLETE 9 VIDEOS (3X3).

1/2 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE
    OR
    0/1 VIDEO W/JESSICA & PEANUT DONE
    OR
    0X3/3X3 DONE

CHALLENGE #2 : “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!” (10 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #2, MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A COMFORTABLE POSITION HAVE ON LOOSE CLOTHING AND SOME NICE LOTION OR OIL IS FUN TOO! SIMPLY DO THE FOUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS TWICE EACH (ONCE FOR EACH FOOT). ***YOUR MASSAGE MINUTES MAY COUNT FOR YOUR MILEAGE MINUTES.

VIDEO 1 (10 MIN) - 0/2 DONE
    VIDEO 2 (6.5 MIN) - 0/2 DONE
    VIDEO 3 (3.29 MIN) - 0/2 DONE
    VIDEO 4 (4.02 MIN) - 0/2 DONE

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!” (5 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #3 JUST EAT SOMETHING YOU’VE BEEN AFRAID TO TRY OR HAVE TRIED IN THE PAST AND DIDN’T LIKE! YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD:

1. WHAT YOU TRIED
    2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE THEN (AND ONLY THEN) PUT YOUR “ 5” IN THE CHALLENGE #3 BOX (AT THE SAME TIME AS YOUR POST)! IMPORTANT: YOU MUST FOLLOW THE FORMAT EXACTLY, OR YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT!

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY?

2. TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE.

MINUTES -

82 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 82
    TUE - 90
    WED - 120
    THU - 106
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

Sorry i have fallen behind this week. I will be working on the videos the next couple days. I got called to work today and yesterday was just one long drawn out bummer (but i walked in place and paced hubby's ER room. He's OK ). TOM is almost gone (THANK YOU LORD) The rain is supposed to back off a little tomorrow so i HOPE to get out for a run after work. I was at the store yesterday trying to find something new to try but i will have to think a bit more. OMG the massages are the ones i REALLY NEED right now !!! I might just do those tonight. Help me recenter myself and reset the brain so i am not so jumbled up. NO matter what i manage this week next week will be MUCH BETTER !! I am not giving up !!
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 260 Member
    edited February 2017
    Did the Jessica Smith video. I do a lot of her video's, I like her a lot.

For challenge 3 - Tomato soup.(love tomatoes though). I absolutely hated it as a kid, and haven't had it since. My kids have it for lunch at daycare so they wanted some with grilled cheese. Wow it has not changed. I had to add a ton of spices just to make it tolerable. It is just not a warm and comforting meal for me. Yuck!!
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Challenge 3

1. kale
    2. I thought I would give t a try again I am not a big fan of kale so thought I would add it to a turkey mixture I make and stuff a butternut squash with. I didn't care for the kale I found it bitter.
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Hoping to get to the gym this weekend. Haven't really been since hubby is working late every night and my daughter is still home from school due to her concussion.

VIDEO 1 - CHIANG RAI - HEAVEN OF THE NORTH - 6 MINUTES FOR WATCHING - DONE
    VIDEO 2 - 12 THINGS NOT TO DO IN THAILAND - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING - DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” (10 POINTS)

MUAY THAI (NOT “MAI TAI”!) IS THE NATIONAL SPORT OF THAILAND. IT IS A COMBAT SPORT LIKE NO OTHERS! FIGHTERS USE THEIR KNEES, ELBOWS, SHINS AND HANDS TO IMPLEMENT BONE CRUSHING STRIKES!

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINT FOR CHALLENGE #1 COMPLETE THE 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING VIDEO. YOU CAN ALSO DO OPTION #1: 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING WORK ON YOUR ABS WITH JESSICA SMITH AND PEANUT OR OPTION #2: COMPLETE ALL OF THREE SMALLER VIDEOS 3 TIMES (3X) EACH. IF YOU CHOOSE THIS OPTION YOU MUST COMPLETE 9 VIDEOS (3X3).

0 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE! OR 0X3/3X3 DONE

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #2, MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A COMFORTABLE POSITION HAVE ON LOOSE CLOTHING AND SOME NICE LOTION OR OIL IS FUN TOO! SIMPLY DO THE FOUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS TWICE EACH (ONCE FOR EACH FOOT). ***YOUR MASSAGE MINUTES MAY COUNT FOR YOUR MILEAGE MINUTES.

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!” (5 POINTS). - DONE

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #3 JUST EAT SOMETHING YOU’VE BEEN AFRAID TO TRY OR HAVE TRIED IN THE PAST AND DIDN’T LIKE! YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD:

1. WHAT YOU TRIED
    2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE THEN (AND ONLY THEN) PUT YOUR “ 5” IN THE CHALLENGE #3 BOX (AT THE SAME TIME AS YOUR POST)! IMPORTANT: YOU MUST FOLLOW THE FORMAT EXACTLY, OR YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT!

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY?

2. TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE.

MINUTES -

299 minutes / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 75 minutes
    TUE -85 minutes
    WED - 94 minutes
    THU - 45 minutes
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    @mommy2ajs I don't like kale either. It's so bitter. I've tried it in smoothies, but I swear I can taste it. When I put spinach in smoothies, I can't taste it.

@MonicaA2013 Glad your husband is ok! The ER is no fun.

Did 30 minutes before work today. Hubby is taking pictures of my step-granddaughter's dance tonight, so will have the house to myself. I plan on taking a walk.

I just found out we're leaving at 10 AM Monday for the work trip I have to go on. (I thought we were leaving early Tuesday). That means I'll be gone Monday through late Thursday night. I am going with a guy I hardly know, and we don't have much in common. 3 1/2 hr drive. It will be awkward. I'm trying not to freak out so much. I don't like being out of my comfort zone.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member

VIDEO 1 - CHIANG RAI - HEAVEN OF THE NORTH - 6 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 2 - 12 THINGS NOT TO DO IN THAILAND - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” (10 POINTS) DONE!!

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!” (5 POINTS) DONE!!

1. WHAT YOU TRIED

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY? ASPARAGUS

2. TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE. I'VE TRIED THIS SEVERAL TIMES SEVERAL DIFFERENT WAYS AND HAVE NEVER BEEN FOND OF THEM. I TRIED AGAIN BUT THIS TIME PICKLED....YEA NO. STILL NOT MY THING.

MINUTES -

536 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 151 MINUTES
    TUE - 0 MINUTES
    WED - 208 MINUTES
    THU - 0 MINUTES
    FRI - 177 MINUTES
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Hello Team. I am so sorry I haven't been on much this week. Its been a bit busy here at home with the boys being off from school. As you can see I cant work out everyday these 2 weeks but I am really trying to catch up on the days I do get to go to the gym. I am hoping to max out this weekend fingers crossed. I will get Challenge 2 done tonight. I just feel like I don't have time to do the foot massages and by the time I have some down time in the evenings I just want to lay there and not move anymore. I hope you have all had a wonderful week! So proud of you Team Smashers!!!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    HI All!

I had another great work out at the gym today. I feel like I am gaining so much strength & making good progress. I have done this program before & got my squats to 130lbs. I am far from there (only did 85lb squats today) but I know that I will make it again.

I will not have workers in my house tomorrow, so I should be able to do the kickboxing video tomorrow. I have to actually because my in-laws are coming to visit probably Saturday night, until Monday, so I will not have any other time. I will work on my feet tonight, I promise :)
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    My goal for this whole challenge is to be in the top for pounds dropped. 1st week great # 3 next 2 weeks sucked. This week back to end of week 1 weigh in. From here I will be throwing pounds everywhere. I can make a list of things I am so done with. Ice cream is on the list. Did everyone see that ice cream fly by them?? So done. Did you see the 5 pounds hanging on the end of it. Every time I eat it I gain 5 pounds. Can I say I will never eat it again??? No. As soon as I miss those 5 pounds I know how to get them back
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    @digger61 I love spaghetti squash! I tried it for the first time a few months ago and loved it. That's what I ate my turkey meatballs with, plus some organic roasted garlic marinara. Like a gourmet italian dish :] and I didn't want to go to sleep afterwards :smiley:

@ddeliciosa You just crack me up haha, thank you!

@aim630 Congrats on your loss!!

• AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Wow! I can't believe I came to the community page and had 46 notifications haha. I'm sorry I've been MIA. My life was one giant curveball this week, it was exhausting! I did get some good workout minutes in, but my workouts weren't that great and I ate like garbage. Had a 1.2 pound gain this week, which I totally expected. Oh well, back at it!
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Sorry team, I have been completely MIA this week but have still been getting my minutes in and on track for another 700. Completed all of the challenges as of today but have been working late every night at work and not able to get to the spreadsheet on my phone for some reason.