Need motivation to log

I've stopped logging the past few weeks. Part of it has to do with a blowout week my husband and I did since we reached a savings goal. We ate fast food too much! We're back to eating meals at home which I know is healthier but I have to more or less guesstimate what I'm consuming. He cooks most days and its usually rice and beans and kale or vegan curry with brown rice. Its pretty healthy! Also, I'm a tax preparer and work is super busy and there are lots of snacks around. I need some budies to check in with me and make sure I log! I'm around 1350 calories, little to no exercise. Friend me!

Replies

• sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    I'm pretty active on my MFP. Feel free to add me.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Just start logging again. Prelog as much as possible.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Set up reminders on your phone to log. Plan your day ahead. Don't eat until it's in there. This is how you meet your goals.
  • schac061
    schac061 Posts: 41 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Just start logging again. Prelog as much as possible.

This. I have seen many people say this in different threads and never thought to try it until recently when I was majorly craving junk food (fast food, candy, etc.). I would pre log my day, including SMALL amounts of the junk that I was craving and it helped me stick to my calorie goal. I also find that when I complete my diary for the day and get my projected weight loss, it helps me want to be consistent with my logging.
    Hope this helps and best of luck to you!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Just make it a habit to always weigh and log your food as you prepare it and BEFORE you eat it
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    I do it because I know if I don't, I won't be able to eat X without feeling guilty. You can always plan out your day ahead, that way you know what you have to play with regarding snacks.