what point I should stop losing weight?

Hello, wondering at what point I should stop losing weight? I’m 6’ tall 33 years old, started @ 292lbs, now down to 196lbs after 9 month using the app. I do 1h of exercise every day, half hour of weights & half hour on the treadmill, changing up the weight exercises every day to not work the same muscle groups 2 days in a row. Body looks good, feel great, still have a loose fat tire around the mid-section, not sure if fat or just loose skin. I want to continue my exercise, is it time now to switch to maintain weight and keep exercising to start building muscle and tighten up the loose skin? or keep going till I'm down to 180 or 175 before switching to maintain weight? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks,

Replies

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    I'm at same height, but started at 227. I set my goal weight at 165. I would keep going down, though at a small deficit. If you are not resistance training already, I would start. Not to build muscle, but to PRESERVE muscle. That's the biggest regret I have in my loss.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Visually, I have seen the greatest results as I started to lift heavy. Even though, in 7 weeks, I have only lost 3 or 4 lbs, I have already started to see increased definition. I follow Bigger Leaner Stronger by Mike Matthews.

But what it comes down to, is what do you want? What are your goals?