Am I the only one that finds it difficult to eat more?

Replies

• empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    How's your week going Mary Ann?
    Hopefully you have managed to stay away from any nasty accidents!
    Ichel
    Team Em2WL
  • scaryann1
    scaryann1 Posts: 259 Member
    So far it's been an injury free week! Seems amazing after the week before. :smile: It's been a very, very busy day. I got dishes washed and taken care of, laundry has been washed and folded. Still needs to be put away though. Kitty boxes are clean, as is the commode, bathroom floor, outside of the bathtub, and the bathroom counter. My back is killing me, but it looks and smells so much better in there. LOL

I get fitted for a back brace next week. Here's hoping it helps. Need new wrist braces, knee braces and ankle braces, but one thing at a time. :wink:
  • scaryann1
    p2sbnjhnl63u.jpg
    This is my newest bead creation.
    I've also made one in pink and one in purple.
  • scaryann1
    Weight = 296.6
    Up .2
    Week before Last = 296.4

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1943
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2728
    Average calories = 2314
    Last weeks Average = 2633

Weight - Starting weight 305 pounds / Last week 296.4 pounds /Today 296.6
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 19 inches/Today 18.25 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 26 inches/Today 25.5 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 55 inches/Today 54.5 inches
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Last week 43 inches/ Today 43 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 44.5 inches/Today 44.5 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 11.5 inches/Today 11.5 inches

It was a good week! No injuries for me, now I can't say that for Rick though. Mufflers get hot... He's okay though, a small burn on his arm.

Just in the last two days, I've cleaned the kitchen and bathroom! Including sweeping and mopping the floors. (I tend not to mop because it causes so much pain) Rick and I both get fitted for back braces next week. I hope they help!
  • AngiesCookie
    AngiesCookie Posts: 74 Member
    Adding in avocados as healthy fats, try bulletproof coffee- your own coffee, add in 2 Tbs butter, 1 Tbs Refined Coconut oil or MTC oil and blend in a blender. (Will not work trying to blend by hand)- it creates a latte like froth and people seem to LOVE It. (I personally hate all coffee, but my hubby really likes it),. Add your sweetener/creamer as needed. Good way to add in calories & fat in the morning.

Chicken leg quarters with skin on, baked or grilled have like 450-550 calories in one! that's a great way to get calories in. little Lowrys on it.. throw it on the grill.. even better with some BBQ sauce added...
    I eat LCHF but have noticed when I don't get in enough calories I stall at weight loss. I'm currently watching this on Youtube! Keto challenge of 4,000 calories/day doing Low Carb/High Fat and see what happens! at last weigh in I watched he was down 1 lbs. INSANE. Granted, this dud has like no body fat, but still.. at 4,000 cal a day he should be gaining weight!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRop_ltYUlk&t=7s

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    If you have ability to get in some really great workouts that cause damage and require repair, and your diet and rest allow it to indeed happen - your basal metabolism can be very high. Much higher than estimated. (obviously goes the other way too, seen tested RMR from folks eating enough, they just have lower LBM than average)
    I'm guessing he also does a fair amount of other stuff that keeps the daily activity levels very high, exercise or not.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited February 2017
    Keto challenge of 4,000 calories/day doing Low Carb/High Fat and see what happens! at last weigh in I watched he was down 1 lbs. INSANE. Granted, this dud has like no body fat, but still.. at 4,000 cal a day he should be gaining weight!!

Not necessarily. My husband maintains on almost that amount. You just have to be tall, muscular and active. Unless he can show that he maintained on a lot less before switching to keto, this experiment doesn't mean much. (I've got no issues with LCHF/keto as a lifestyle choice. I just don't buy the "and it makes calories irrelevant" line that some people use to try to sell it.)
  • scaryann1
    Weight = 296.2
    Down .4
    Last week = 296.6

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1944
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2729
    Average calories = 2399
    Last weeks Average = 2314

Weight - Starting weight 305 pounds / Last week 296.6 pounds /Today 296.2
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 18.25 inches/Today 18.5 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 25.5 inches/Today 25.5 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 54.5 inches/Today 55 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 44.5 inches/Today 44.5 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 11.5 inches/Today 11.5 inches

Things are settling down. I wonder if that means I am getting close to my TDEE? I am getting more consistent with my calorie intake, maybe that's what it is. Time will tell. I'm comfortable eating at this level finally.

I got my back brace this week, on my birthday no less! I am having a love hate relationship with it. It has helped my back tremendously, but it makes my hips, knees and ankles worse. :cry:

The weather has been nuts here, it rains and is in the 70s one day and then it snows and is in the 30s the next day. It has been wreaking havoc with my hands. They are so stiff and swollen that when I try to bead I drop them all over the place. So not much beading done this week. Oh well, lots of other things got done. LOL Dishes are being washed every other day, (we just don't use enough to make it worth every day) floors have been swept and the bathroom mopped again.

I'm kind of throwing around the idea of putting the bathroom scale away for a month. I'll keep doing measurements and keeping track of food, but stop letting the scale dictate how Sundays feel for a bit. I think I might weigh myself on the first Sunday of the month for a while and see if I feel even better about eating where I should be. I guess that's it for today.
  • empressichel
    I'm all for putting the scale away!
    Especially if it is beginning to control your mood.
    Just make sure the once a month weigh in doesn't control your mood as well, and know to weigh on a valid day i.e. not after high sodium, TOM, retaining water etc.
    Maybe it's time to dig deeper about your mood connected to the scale too? Where does that come from? How can you take steps to change that?
    Love your updates!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • scaryann1
    Average calories = 2391
    Last weeks Average = 2399

Weight - Starting weight 305 pounds / Don't know :smiley:
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 18.5 inches/Today 19 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 55 inches/Today 56 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 44.5 inches/Today 46 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 12 inches/Today 12 inches

Measurements were all over this week. I know a lot of it is swelling and fluid build up.
    August 2015
    qldhtcftxlej.jpg

March 2017
    4rq3u3jpwe0f.jpg
  • scaryann1
    Average calories = 2273
    Last weeks Average = 2391

Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 19 inches/Today 18.5 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 56 inches/Today 56 inches
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Last week 44 inches/ Today 43 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 46 inches/Today 45 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 12 inches/Today 11.75 inches

Measurements are almost back to where they were. Weather is driving me nuts. Temps in the 70s one day, teens and snowing the next. Spring used to be my favorite time of year, not this year. :( Hopefully this weather straightens out soon. I my hands hurt so bad I haven't touched my beads in over a week. Every time I try, I can't even hold on to the wire. I've ordered some new wrist braces, they "should" be here Thursday or Friday. I broke the ones that OT made me last year.

I'm going to keep my calories between 2200 and 2500 for a while. I am comfortable eating in this area. I feel full, but not overly full. I have put the scale away as I just couldn't watch it creep back up anymore. I can see things changing, I keep telling myself that I'm not imagining it, but some days it's hard to believe myself.

That's it for today. Have a great week!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Im glad you are deciding to put the scale away. Focus on your eats and feeling good.. not about that silly number:)

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • scaryann1
    Ten full mins with 4 pounds in each hand! My bad shoulder isn't happy with me, but it'll either get used to it or it'll hate me for a long time. LOL
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Look at you go!! Not so long ago those 4lbs you couldnt lift up!!! Awesome!

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    Awesome! Fantastic strength gains!
    Keep going, you're doing so good!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • scaryann1
    Average calories = 1918
    Last weeks Average = 2273

Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 18.5 inches/Today 18.25 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 56 inches/Today 56 inches
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Last week 43.5 inches/ Today 43.25 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 45 inches/Today 44 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 1.75 inches/Today 11.5 inches

Finally was able to start back lifting this week. My bad shoulder wasn't happy with me, but it'll either get used to it, or be a long time mad at me. LOL I haven't been keeping track of how many reps I'm doing this time, instead I'm going by time. I know when I was keeping track of how many, I had gotten to the point where I was finishing in under 5 mins. So when I started back up I decided to just do time and see how long I could go instead of how many times. I was so surprised the first day when I was at 10 mins before my arms just didn't want to lift anymore. Then I took a day off and then lifted the next day and added a whole minute! My shoulder still hates me, but hoping to do at least 10 mins today.
  • scaryann1
    When I started lifting, I just went with any movement that felt "right". Today I decided to look at YouTube and see what they had to offer that I could modify, if not do as shown. I came across a series by Lumowell. Today I did this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60SMGHubOeI There was only one exercise in it that I had to modify and that was the one on the floor, and mostly because I was afraid that if I got down on the floor I wouldn't be able to get back up again. LOL So I just did simple curls instead. I'm already feeling the burn from having a "'formal" workout vs movement for the sake of movement. :grin: The bad shoulder is really mad at me now.
  • heybales
    When you do the shoulder movements, are you able to "lock-in" on them?

Hard to explain if you aren't, you'll know what I mean if you are.

For shoulders most people tend to tighten the back at the same time, so the shoulders kind of go back as posture improves, and you tighten the whole shoulder area muscles.

It's keeping it locked, with all muscles under some level of tension, that improves things if not doing it already.

Many experience this difference in major way doing bench press, which if done right uses the chest and triceps, shoulders are only stabilizer muscles.

But you do it with shoulders all loosey goosey and then locked - feels very different.
  • heybales
    Just watched first exercise in video - usually that direction of rotation causes more impingement then the other way around.
    May be true for some of the other forms.
  • scaryann1
    That's good to know! I'll seek out something different. I'm glad I shared it now. With my muscles having to do the work of my tendons and ligaments I'm not sure just how locked I am. I have enough problems with my joints I sure don't need extra chance of impingement.