Erin's OMAD Diary

Replies

• EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    And it worked! Pain relief without destroying my stomach and I'm not hungry or craving or anything. Hooray! Look out, day 4. I'm coming at you like a spider monkey! :)
  • EVP_NZ
    Day 4 done. Feeling like I'm getting into a routine, which feels great. I also feel good having done some troubleshooting and adapting OMAD to fit my real life.

I've dropped broth completely (very reliant on day 1) but may keep some fat in my decaf as needed. Both weaning off caffeine and OMAD going well. It gets easier, instead of harder, as time goes by: unlike evey diet _ever_.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Your doing great and it does get easier :)
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    Don't forget to up your sodium/electrolytes during your fasting period. :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    If i get really hungry I eat 1/2 tsp of coconut oil (about 50 cals) and it will kill hunger for about 1-hr and it will not make me crazy hungry like about anything else I've tried to snack on.
  • EVP_NZ
    Day 5 had a lot of me bickering with my own mind. Watching one of Joe's videos where he describes insulin rising 2.5 hours before mealtime (thus inducing hunger) helped. That's why I'm stinking hungry at 3.

Made it through fine though. Did have one cup of broth and one creamy decaf to take meds. Still do plan on weaning off those. I know zero calorie is best.

Didn't remember to count calories on my dinner last night. Thought of it as I was eating and gave it a miss. Dinner was split pea soup, Fathead pizza dough made into garlic "bread," and guacamole because I had avocado and tomato to use up. Weird combo but delicious. Late summer veg is dreamy.

Today is day 6 and my first weekend day. I'm planning on doing TMAD (lunch and dinner), no snacks, so I can eat normally with my family both Saturday and Sunday.

I'm not splurging yet as I'm not through two weeks. I'm planning on Sunday being my splurge in future.
  • Brendalea69
    Will you be weighing on Saturdays? That's the day I weigh...How do you like the taste of the fathead pizza crust?
  • EVP_NZ
    I weigh myself daily--I have a Fitbit Aria scale that tracks everything and syncs with MFP. I'm not going to pay any attention to that at all.

It's just data that I want over time and nothing I'm going to even think about until I've had a solid 30 days OMAD. I'm so guilty of chopping and changing programs that I don't want to be scale motivated. I'm doing this and low carb, high fat for the physical and mental health benefits. If I don't lose, that's ok. I'm just going to keep my head down and stay with it.

I love Fathead pizza. It's delicious and makes great garlic bread or focaccia too.

Thanks for asking. :)
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Good luck in NZ! My Dad lives in Auckland.
  • EVP_NZ
    Abm4n wrote: »
    Good luck in NZ! My Dad lives in Auckland.

Thanks. Small world @Abm4n. We're in Palmerston North, a couple hours north of Wellington.

I see you're in Brisbane. I miss it so much. Most beautiful city in the world. If there's such a thing as retirement when I get old, I'm retiring to Brissy.
  • EVP_NZ
    Well I ate lunch at 11:00 am and was going to make this a two meal day but I'm still so full from lunch (~900 cal) that I can't imagine eating dinner. What is this witchcraft?! ;)
  • Brendalea69
    LOL :p
  • Abm4n
    edited February 2017
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    EVP_NZ wrote: »
    Well I ate lunch at 11:00 am and was going to make this a two meal day but I'm still so full from lunch (~900 cal) that I can't imagine eating dinner. What is this witchcraft?! ;)

Wish I had that problem. I eat and it is get out of the way. If I eat, I get very hungry tell I'm full and it is super hard not to eat more. That is why OMAD has worked for me cause I need to wait to eat.
  • EVP_NZ
    @blambo61 Believe me, it only happens if I'm regularly fasting for 20-23 hours. If I had this "problem" before fasting, I wouldn't have gotten to 102 kg.

I didn't expect it yesterday. It just seems really weird, but I guess it's evidence that fasting affects ghrelin and leptin. I'm grateful. It seems like magic.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    What is this witchcraft?! ;)

Isn't it wonderful to be presented with a surprise mystery that is GOOD for a change?

• EVP_NZ
    leveejohn wrote: »
    What is this witchcraft?! ;)

Isn't it wonderful to be presented with a surprise mystery that is GOOD for a change?

Tell me about it! I wonder what other great surprises there are? B)
  • Abm4n
    Controlling hunger is the key for me too. That's what is so good about OMAD.
  • EVP_NZ
    Day 6. Had two meals today, but no idea why. Not hungry for either really. Still sick. I've got to get out of the habit of eating, because that's all it is at this point. Habit, not real hunger.

But I'll get there. I'm going easy on myself. It took 41 years to get here--not going to change it all in a week. Tomorrow back to my regular OMAD and hopefully not so sick. :(
  • EVP_NZ
    Day 7. Not much to report. Pretty much in the swing now. Two coffees with a splash of cream and two cups of broth, mainly because I'm still sick (just a cold).

Dinner was a small bowl of split pea soup, 2 almond flour biscuits tweaked to taste like Cheddar Bay biscuits, ham, and grape tomatoes. Dessert was a espresso with whipped cream, two dates, and 10 grams of peanuts. 7 days OMAD, 13 tapering caffeine. Down to 1/5 shot of espresso (~3 grams of caffeinated coffee in the ~14 gram shot). Getting there!

Anxiety ramping up as semester starts next week and my husband will be away the whole first week I teach. Man I hope I can be a working single parent alright. :#

I wanted to get food and caffeine sorted by then--so far, so good. Not eating lunch is the quickest lunch to buy, prep, pack, eat, and clean up after!