TEAM TWO

Replies

• energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 855 Member
    I tried green pepper again.
    My husband found a recipe for stuffed peppers and it was really good! Stuffed with hamburger, rice, onions, tomatoes, yellow and red peppers, zucchini, garlic2c4ar20ntgvc.jpg
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    @lbenson2006 <3 to you! Thanks for all you've done so far. Hope you're able to stay on the team, just maybe not as active as before...
  • Annampea
    Annampea Posts: 65 Member
    @lbenson2006 I was hoping that maybe sometime in the future we could meet up since we live close to one another. We also apparently see the same nutritionist. I hope we can keep in touch, please hang in there. You have inspired me to stay on this team since I started this last summer. Keep in touch and know that your efforts are appreciated!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I have been putting off doing the scary food challenge all week, but I promise I will get it done. I told my sister I've been having trouble picking something, so my brother-in-law has volunteered to bring me something "special" on Sunday. :o
    i3emvkycay9i.jpg
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    @lbenson2006 Hang in there, I'm hoping things will slow down soon. I appreciate you and everything you have done for our team. Stay as involved as you can. @murdog3t thanks for stepping up.

As of today, I've completed the challenges and should be able to add at least another hour/miles later today. I'm traveling a bunch this week and next. I'm already awaiting next weeks challenges. I'm hoping to get them done early and out of the way.
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    What a coincidence. My nephew & his wife are vacationing in Thailand for a month so I've been seeing all the beautiful Photos on FB of his trip, looks amazing! I've been getting the videos & minutes done but not doing the eating challenge this time. I just can't think of anything that I don't eat now but would be willing to try. The weather is so nice right now, hope to get out today, maybe clean the yard!
    Have a beautiful Sunday!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Thanks everyone. I am going to stay in it and do as best as I can. I just didn't think I could do what I expect of myself as captain. Things will have to calm down eventually and by next race I hope to be able to get back to being captain. I absolutely love it. @Annampea I would definitely love to meet up at some point in the future. Always assumed that was how you heard about the race. :) I got some minutes in but still have to finish up the foot massages and get my food one done.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Food challenge - I tried Brussel sprouts again. :s
    These ones were lightly sauced in a butter sauce. They were edible if I had to eat them. Still would not be a go to vegetable for me. A few of them still had that dirt taste to me. Ughh..horrible aftertaste...going to have to hurry up and eat my other veggies!!
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 454 Member
    This false spring in Wisconsin is doing nothing for me regarding catching up on much needed housework. But oh the great walks that I've had!
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    @lbenson2006 Lol, I LOVE brussel sprouts! Roasted with sea salt and balsamic vinegar! And shredded raw in a salad! YUM! I love seeing what food y'all have an inversion to!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Food challenge - I tried Brussel sprouts again. :s
    These ones were lightly sauced in a butter sauce. They were edible if I had to eat them. Still would not be a go to vegetable for me. A few of them still had that dirt taste to me. Ughh..horrible aftertaste...going to have to hurry up and eat my other veggies!!

I love Brussels sprout just like @RandiNoelle yum yummy happy Sunday
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    So I finally completed all of the challenges for the week. I did the kick boxing yesterday which was a throwback to when I used to take kickboxing years ago for exercise. It almost made me want to get into some type of kickboxing again. I may have to check out the ringside class at my gym.

I did my food challenge @MissionEnforcer but I forgot to take a picture. I made Brussel sprouts and actually ate some. I still don't think I like them at all but I may be forced to eat some more this week because I still have some left and I hate to throw them away. That or I may give the rest of the uncooked ones away to someone at work. We'll see.
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    food challenge @MissionEnforcer I tried a salmon burger, I have tried salmon in the past and couldn't eat more than the one bite. at the grocery store today they had samples of salmon burger sliders. So I figured this will work, I can get my challenge done. yup not gonna eat that again, still don't like salmon

@lbenson2006 hang in there and thank you so much for being team captain. I hope you will be able to stay with us to the end.

So update on health": went back to the doctor on Friday, still can't get rid of this cough. He said I am still tight and started me on a longer, stronger course of steroids.
    I was able to get the foot massage videos done, I didn't get to the kickboxing as I didn't want to over exert and cause more breathing issues. that being said today we went snowshoeing, I was really missing my exercise and it was 54degrees out. it took us 2 hours to do a 4 mile walk. I didn't feel like it was too bad on my breathing, hopefully not
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Hello Everyone,
    I've been in Cuba all week, and doing my best to get in my exercise minutes, but the heat, the comfortable lounge chairs and the free drinks just kept calling my name. I was however, able to do quite a bit of walking on the beach , as well as the kick boxing and foot massage challenge in my hotel room.

For my food challenge I ate Guava which is a little round fruit, pink on the inside and green on the outside. I wasn't sure if I was suppose to eat the peeling, but I did and it was good - tasted kind of like a pear. I didn't realize we were suppose to take a pic as I was getting information by text as to what the challenges were this week. Hope this is okay.
  • Annampea
    Annampea Posts: 65 Member
    I didn't complete the food challenge as there is nothing that came to mind readily that would make a list of yucky foods for me. I did however get more exercise in this week due to the nicer weather. I got my teenage daughter to go along on a walk today since I let her walk the dog. Here's hoping for another great week ahead!
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    @lbenson2006 Thanks for all the work you put into being our captain & keeping me accountable with the spreadsheets! I hope your work lets up soon, sounds stressful. Glad your staying on as a team member though.
    @135terry Your trip to Cuba must be amazing! Glad your able to fit the challenges in. Have fun!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    @MissionEnforcer I am unable to update the spreadsheet! I have 256 minutes today

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    I've spent the last half hour trying to update. I had a crazy day of fitness I hope it makes it to the spreadsheet
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 454 Member
    Does anyone else get excited for Mondays because we get our new destination and challenges?