WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: It is good to hear that you have interested buyers for your home. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all works out well for you. :flowerforyou:

Karen in VA: I'm glad to hear that Olivia is doing well. :heart:

Becky: I was also having cognitive problems and not getting enough sleep was the problem. I kept a sleep diary for many months and set sleep goals the same as I set exercise goals and calorie goals. Gradually things improved, including my mental sharpness. DH is a snorer and if he snores I go into the other bedroom. If you're the one who snores and wake up because of it the sleep study is a great idea. I know several people who sleep with a c-pap every night. The value of this is that they do sleep and get enough oxygen. That is vitally important to us all. I still have a sleep goal but I don't need to keep charts anymore. Adequate sleep really gives my memory a boost. Posting my goals today so that you can see that sleep is still there. It always will be. :star:

Rita: I hope the new life style you're working toward gives you joy. :bigsmile:

Barbie: I love the dog walker.:heart:

Last night we watched the Westminster Dog Show. We loved the dogs, but not Fox's reporting team. Some were better than others. We recorded the whole thing and haven't seen the end yet. Don't tell who won. I know it wasn't one of my beloved Keeshonds. :sad:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

February 2017 Resolutions:

1: Log every bite and swallow;
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on strength and stamina.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day.
    5. Monitor sleep. Average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Good morning!

This is just a fly-by. I've been putting off two looming jobs: 1) getting the tax stuff ready for the accountant and 2) finishing the sewing on the Roman shades so I can take them to the river house this weekend. I've waited until the last minute, so I have to devote my free time this week to getting them done.

I'm loving all the jokes and baby pictures.

Cheri - I like those "free size" dresses. Were you at Earth Art? Looks like they kind of thing... I love that place.

Time to work. I'm thinking of you all - wishing your joys to multiply and your trials and tribulations to lift.

-Yvonne in TX
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Just checking in. Still working on installing my foyer closet organizing system. I've hit a glitch with a part of it that will require me to order 3 replacement shelves and locking cams. I hope to get everything else installed today so I can get back to cutting fabric for a quilt I started in mid-January. My muscles are sore after 2 days of hard work and lifting the heavy panels into place. Nope, no one is helping, its all on me. Hope it translates into lower scale numbers.

Charleen in Colorado (Windy! Bet the house will be swaying with some of the stronger gusts today)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
    Annr- I still open something and get to the register to pay for an open bag

Grits- my mom was one of those , I might catch it people, that was part of my decision to get away to Indiana and disown her for awhile like she disowned me for 12 yrs when I was 19. She chose to b selectively stupid
  • pipcd34
    Stat for the day-

Spin- 122min, 81ar, 99aw, 10-17gear, 125ahr, 153mhr, 48.7miles= 964c
    Apple Watch- 1042c
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Annr- I still open something and get to the register to pay for an open bag

Grits- my mom was one of those , I might catch it people, that was part of my decision to get away to Indiana and disown her for awhile like she disowned me for 12 yrs when I was 19. She chose to b selectively stupid

Pip:

My parents were selectively stupid, too. They were both chain smokers and it killed them in very slow and horrible ways. I went to school smelling like the bottom of an ashtray & had severe bronchitis every winter until I went off to college. I haven't had bronchitis since I left home for college & I never smell like the bottom of an ashtray. :noway:

Katla in rainy western Oregon
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1X5X 75

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-12 X 10 X 30

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Exercise daily and stay below calories!

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th-25th
    I woke up to .2lb loss this morning! The one thing I like about this way of eating is that for me I know I will be losing weight every week!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    MARY ~ Why are you in the 40lbs by May Challenge? From your photos, there would be nothing left if you lost 40 lbs. Just wondering....LOL :)
  • fanncy0626
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    MARY ~ Why are you in the 40lbs by May Challenge? From your photos, there would be nothing left if you lost 40 lbs. Just wondering....LOL :)

You do not have to lose 40 pounds to be in the challenge. When I injured my shoulder in October I did not exercise for 12 weeks or change my eating so I gained 19 pounds. I am now within 5 pounds of being back at my maintenance level from April of last year. I do still have A layer of fat I would like to cut from my body. I will see what I can accomplish by the end of May.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Peach1948
    Thanks! I'm sorry you gained the weight from being inactive because I know you are a very avid exerciser. :)
  • pipcd34
  • fanncy0626
    Heather- so happy for you :)

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Wonderful news, Heather! Fingers crossed the chain all comes out well for you moving near those amazing grandbabies...

Lisa in West Texas
  • Peach1948
    HEATHER ~ Good news and hope it works out for you concerning both houses.

There's a scam phone call going around the U.S. and I just got it. "Hi, I'm Emily from customer service. Can you hear me OK?" I hung up immediately. If you get this call and they ask you if you can hear them, do not say "Yes" as for some reason they are supposed to get your agreement to scam you out of your money. Don't know exactly how that works.

Carol in GA
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    My left eyebrow is having "issues". Started out as ingrown hairs and now its healing.
  • pipcd34