What do you like on your raw avocado?

First of all, let me just say that I am avocado obsessed. I usually eat at least one every day, usually with just a little salt and pepper. But I like to play with some toppings or additions sometimes and that made me wonder what some of you like to dress your raw avocado up with? I'm keto, so I like to add fat on that yummy avocado fat - like bacon or a drizzle of olive oil and fresh lime juice.

What do YOU like?

Replies

• 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Avocado toast with sliced hard boiled egg.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Tuna, onion, mayo and chilli. Salt and pepper to taste.
    If you have access to a microwave, mix in grated cheese, nuke and top your avocado. YUM!

Scoop out avocado, mix with finely chopped tomato, onion, chilli and a squeeze of lemon, refill avocado and eat yum. Salt and pepper to taste.

Prawns and mayo.

Warm: baked egg in the middle

Scoop out avocado, mix with crunched up crispy bacon
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    I just to sprinkle Tajin seasoning on mine.
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    I love to mash raw avocado, throw in a bit of salt and black pepper, and spread it over toast. Sometimes I add finely diced bell pepper to the mash. Tastes super good!
  • AmberlyMarlene
    AmberlyMarlene Posts: 119 Member
    I like to put it in some hashbrowns with an egg cooked howerver you like and sometimes with a bit of cheese.
    Or on a grilled cheese sandwhich(sometimes with deli meat) sometimes mixed with a bit of mayo.
  • thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Balsamic vinegar with some pepper
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    I actually love to put sliced avacado on any protein. I could eat it every meal that way.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    pizza :smiley:
  • amylynnewagner
    amylynnewagner Posts: 14 Member
    I enjoy mine with, well...just avocado. Nothing else. I find it quite scrumptious. :D
  • eok902
    eok902 Posts: 56 Member
    +1 for balsamic vinegar.
  • SkyFerret
    SkyFerret Posts: 53 Member
    For a sliced avocado I like drizzling it with soy sauce or lemon juice. For half of one, I like to drop an egg in the hollow once I remove the pit and and bake it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,486 Member
    Bacon. That's all.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    I like to chop mine up and add diced tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, a dash of cumin, and salt and pepper (otherwise known as chunky guacamole). ;-)
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Crab salad stuffed avocado
    thumb_275.jpg?1406720020

Lump meat crab
    lime juice or Japanese mayonnaise
    seeded English cucumber chopped
    shredded carrot
    cilantro

top with Tobiko (flying fish roe) optional
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Salad cream
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Tuna salad! Yum!!
  • HopeTracker
    HopeTracker Posts: 16 Member
    When making toast, I've been using avocado as a substitute for butter.
  • MollyMS77
    MollyMS77 Posts: 12 Member
    I don't need anything on my avocado, but I do like a sprinkle of Tony's! (Tony Chachere's creole seasoning)
  • risberg96
    risberg96 Posts: 118 Member
    I have been enjoying a lean hamburger patty with melted gruerye cheese and topped with avacado... so yummy!
  • I mash my daily avocado up with Opa Greek yogurt ranch dressing (specifically this one because it doesn't contain buttermilk, which tastes sad with avocado), and a healthy dash or 5 of chipotle powder.

I eat this with some kind of chips. It's amazing with freshly baked tortilla chips.