I ate bad food

2»

Replies

• Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Nothing bad about donuts but it's a pity the one you ate wasn't as delicious as it should have been. There are no bad foods just some are more calorie dense and have little nutrition so need to be eaten in moderation.
    We can enjoy these sort of treats just save calories for them.

My advice is to log it and move on.

I only consider food bad if it taste bad.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Was it a crappy donut? If so, I feel ya, but don't feel guilty and move on.

If it tasted good, but you felt guilty because you ate "bad food", stop. Food is food- there is no "bad food" or "good food". A donut will not derail you. I eat chocolate almost every day.

Log it and move on.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited February 2017
    Yesterday I took a bite of a chocolate bar that sounded good, but so very much was not. I decided while the bite was still in my mouth that I did not want to waste my calories on this chocolate, so I spit it out in the trash :lol: I still logged a portion of the calories, but I was glad I nipped that calorie suck in the bud!

The donut shared with your daughter is a different thing--of course you wouldn't want to spit it out if it was something she was excited to share with you :smile:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    You're sweet to care about your daughter's feelings in this context. As long as it isn't a frequent thing, no biggie, IMO. We eat for a variety of reasons: Fuel/nutrition is the essential thing, but tastiness is important . . . and so is social connection via food. Calorically, one donut is a minor blip. Log it and go on - regret burns no calories. ;)
  • Rebecca0224
    Was it a crappy donut? If so, I feel ya, but don't feel guilty and move on.

If it tasted good, but you felt guilty because you ate "bad food", stop. Food is food- there is no "bad food" or "good food". A donut will not derail you. I eat chocolate almost every day.

Log it and move on.

It was the worst donut I've ever had. The place they got them is usually the best around so when it was horrible it was a huge disappointment.
  • readytobeatfat54
    readytobeatfat54 Posts: 91 Member
    Sounds like you have buyer's remorse: the product just wasn't up to the hype. Don't sweat it. Next time you know and you will politely pass on this donut.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited February 2017
    I didn't read all the comments, I'll just share my thoughts. I don't assign moral labels to food, there are no "bad" or "good" foods, only food. Some food is more or less calorie dense, some food is for or less nutrient rich, over time we have to be mindful of both, but I think it is a mistake to take one meal or snack and base your whole day/week etc. on it. Yesterday my kids and I had a work day at home, I had donuts for breakfast, pizza for lunch because that's what they wanted. Your daughter wanted to share with you, that is worth more than a few calories. Now, excuse me while I eat my Pepperidge Farms Nantucket cookie for my snack, 130 calories of heavenly goodness.

ETA: I just saw where you said it was the worst donut you ever had, big deal, your daughter was sharing. How would she feel if she knew you were agonizing over what she shared with you. Just stop it.
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    Ah yes, this happens. I think sometimes we have built up in our minds how wonderful something would taste, and scrimp and save calories to splurge on that item and *boom* - not so great after all! Disappointed for sure - log it, learn from it, move on from it.

My husband and I had a hankering for Taco Bell. Now, we don't eat Taco Bell only because my homemade tacos blow anything out of the water and I would much rather use my calories on delicious food. But, we hankered and went to Taco Bell (use to eat Taco Bell at least 4-5 times a week at lunch or supper - sometimes both) Well, we wasted $$ and calories on That?? Ugh. Logged it - learned from it. I am stingy with my calories since on 1200 (old, short, slow) I cannot "afford" to waste any on something that isn't delicious! There are only a couple of restaurants we feel are worth the time, $$, calories - all the rest are just plain nasty. My husband commented the other day, there isn't a restaurant out there that can compare to the good food at home..... sly old guy! Easy for him to say since I'm the one making the food...... ;-) Moral to the story -- now you know you don't wish to waste your calories. On the flip side of that - good for you for making your daughter happy! Now That makes it worth it!
  • ActionAnnieJXN
    ActionAnnieJXN Posts: 116 Member
    edited February 2017
    I don't even understand the things people waste their time worry about. Are you in general good health? If so, get up and smile at the beauty around you. Pet a dog. Water a flower. I'm sitting here waiting for the phone to ring with results from my cancer test yesterday and I'm less sad than you are from eating "bad food". Just be glad you had some kind of food to eat and move forward with your life and try to find some gratitude.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    I feel your pain, but it happens sometimes. There will be better doughnuts.
  • Rebecca0224
    I don't even understand the things people waste their time worry about. Are you in general good health? If so, get up and smile at the beauty around you. Pet a dog. Water a flower. I'm sitting here waiting for the phone to ring with results from my cancer test yesterday and I'm less sad than you are from eating "bad food". Just be glad you had some kind of food to eat and move forward with your life and try to find some gratitude.

I hope you get good news from your test. Remember cancer is not as scary as it use to be, I beat it years ago and they have good treatments.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    It happens. I allow myself to have treats sometimes and nothing makes me angrier than when I allow myself a treat - especially if I planned for it or worked extra for it - only to have it taste awful and not worth it.