Running pain...in my arms.

2»

Replies

• priestp1
    priestp1 Posts: 34 Member
    It sounds silly but I have to run like a T-Rex (with my palms facing down slightly bent). I find that is the most comfortable and forces my arms to move.
  • gkorn17
    gkorn17 Posts: 6 Member
    Go see a PT. It's likely either coming from the neck and you could use some postural correction or you may just be very weak in your elbow flexors and experiencing fatigue from being so weak.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    I second the idea to go to a physio. If you get a good one, they will be able to work with you to identify and resolve the issue or to refer you on if it seems more complex.
    Don't be put off getting medical input just because you don't want a prescription, there are all kinds of treatments and strategies for injuries that don't involve medication.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    edited February 2017
    I have a lot of "not doctor people" in my family or friends of the family or married into the family. (My parents are pretty granola.)

Several have died because they were too stubborn to go to the doctor. Breast cancer, ovarian cancer, kidney cancer, a tumor.

Doctors use their knowledge to diagnose.

You don't have to take pills if you don't want to, but you should at least make an informed choice with knowledge given from an experienced, well educated professional.

Just go.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I have a lot of "not doctor people" in my family or friends of the family or married into the family. (My parents are pretty granola.)

Several have died because they were too stubborn to go to the doctor. Breast cancer, ovarian cancer, kidney cancer, a tumor.

Doctors use their knowledge to diagnose.

You don't have to take pills if you don't want to, but you should at least make an informed choice with knowledge given from an experienced, well educated professional.

Just go.

I am all about going for the serious stuff. I go to a dermatologist yearly because of sibling melanoma and will have a colonoscopy done this year.
  • TARGET65K
    TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
    ¨Although in many heart attacks, pain can begin in the chest and spread to other areas, even when there's no chest pain as an initial symptom, heart attack signs may include pain or discomfort in the left, right or both arms or in the shoulders, elbows, back, neck, throat, lower jaw or stomach.¨
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Okay I did a six mile run this morning and focused on keeping my arm low and moving them around a bit. It seems to help but I am not sure if the little bit of soreness is leftover from a previous run or new. More research will tell for sure. I also noticed that the primary reason for me bending my arms at a 90 degree angle is to keep my cell phone armband from sliding down my arm.